David Camerons Last Question Time

Stuart Dickson

15 hours ago, ford prefect said:

So we're saying an economy riddled with low paid service sector jobs and a housing market bubble are her legacy? Wonderful. Oh and don't forget an over reliance on financial services and the city of London. How did that pan out?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Black & White Army mobile app

Take advantage of our free education system and there is no reason to ever be one of those people on low paid service jobs.

13 hours ago, ford prefect said:

Where are all the computer jobs now? That lasted long!

If you cant cope with change do you really think simply giving up is the answer?

Good luck finding someone to help you but I have to say that your attitude doesnt fill me with hope that you will sort yourself out.

I honestly cant imagine spending 30 f**king years blaming my crap life on one person.

Guest TPAFKATS
I dont look down on them. I just dont care about them because all they want to do is f**king complain.

I have enough trouble dealing with my own problems bud without wanting to emote at will at everyone elses problems.

An inability to show empathy towards others is a prominent marker on the psychopath test.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 0:00 AM, oaksoft said:

Who exactly is keeping the poor in poverty?

Government policy allowing workers to be used on zero hour contracts and/or paid wages below the poverty line.

Who is preventing them getting educated?

People having to work long hours because they need to augment their below poverty wages meaning they have no time for study.

Who is preventing them learning a skill which can improve their income?

See above.

Who is preventing them opening their own businesses?

Are you really naïve enough to ask this question or do you think we should all be peg sellers or window cleaners? I'll clean your windows if you clean mine! :rolleyes::booty

Who is preventing them doing any of this?

See above,.... above!

Millions of immigrants arriving in this country in GENUINE poverty seem to have little problem working out how to get out of poverty. Why cant our own "poor" fathom it out?

Millions of immigrants come here, either with cash or are taking the low paid jobs which are able to sustain their families in their own, low cost economy while unscrupulous landlords exploit them, a lot of the time, having them living in substandard/overcrowded accommodation .

Hope this helps.

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

That is nothing but a series of excuses bud and you know it.

None of those situations you have listed are easy but it seems that your suggested solution is to down tools in the face of those challenges.

It is possible to have empathy with those in those situations without feeling sympathy for those who try to solve them by choosing a life on the dole or by ehining about how the government are doing this to them.

I am not even going to respond to that ridiculous line about not having time to study.

No idea what that last paragraph rant concerning immigrants is all about.

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That's just a typical middle class, Kowtowing?, or pompous?, I'm alright jack but don't want to know, response. And you know it!

Edited by stlucifer

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

That's just a typical middle class, Kowtowing?, or pompous?, I'm alright jack but don't want to know, response. And you know it!

And yours is the typical whining crap with no actual solutions offered response.

I guarantee you that if you are waiting for government to solve these problems that hell will freeze over first.

Your position is idealistic claptrap which does nothing to help anyone at the bottom.

Anyone wanting to escape the lowest rung needs to do practical things to achieve it and they need to initiate these things themselves. There is no other answer. 

Edited by oaksoft

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

BEFORE you edited!

Just now, oaksoft said:

And yours is the typical whining crap with no actual solutions offered response.

I retorted to your empty response with "like for like". Now go away and grow up please!

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

BEFORE you edited!

I retorted to your empty response with "like for like". Now go away and grow up please!

Oh you made your point very clear.

People at the bottom should simply roll over and whine because you believe there is no f**king point in trying to better yourself.

Just blame the Tories eh?

Good luck finding meaning and enjoyment out of THAT sort of life.

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That was two separate posts ya spangle

Eh? You edited your post AFTER I replied then quoted me saying my reply was "empty". Are you sure StuD hasn't stolen your login details?   YA SPANGLE. (If you want to revert to name calling

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Eh? You edited your post AFTER I replied then quoted me saying my reply was "empty". Are you sure StuD hasn't stolen your login details?   YA SPANGLE. (If you want to revert to name calling

? I didnt use the word "empty" either before or after editing.:huh:

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Paraphrasing = making it suit your idealistic point of view.

Dear oh dear, you're not having a good time eh? :booty

Are you losing the ability to understand the written English word already Farfaraway?

Paraphrase:- definition: To express the meaning of (something written or spoken) using different words, especially to achieve greater clarity.

Are you losing the ability to understand the written English word already Farfaraway?

Paraphrase:- definition: To express the meaning of (something written or spoken) using different words, especially to achieve greater clarity.

Aye, if ye like, keep making stuff up, time for a wee lie down, you're having a nightmare. :lol:

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, if ye like, keep making stuff up, time for a wee lie down, you're having a nightmare. :lol:

Now I wouldn't do this for an intelligent person and I don't make exceptions but: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/paraphrase (wee clever smiley to make me look clever)!

ETA: Just in case.

Exception: A person or thing that is excluded from a general statement or does not follow a rule. (Another wee smiley doing something rude to accentuate my statement)

Feck me.

ETA: Just in just in case.

Accentuate: Oh F*ckit!

Edited by stlucifer

Can't believe it's not been thought of before. Educate everyone and then we'll all have brilliant jobs, big houses and fancy cars! OK now back in the real world. There's winners and losers in capitalism. It's the right and proper thing to look after and treat those at the bottom with respect. Something sadly lacking in this country. Far easier to deride them. Gives the real criminals and villains of our society an easy ride. Carry on though. Trolls gotta troll

13 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

Can't believe it's not been thought of before. Educate everyone and then we'll all have brilliant jobs, big houses and fancy cars! OK now back in the real world. There's winners and losers in capitalism. It's the right and proper thing to look after and treat those at the bottom with respect. Something sadly lacking in this country. Far easier to deride them. Gives the real criminals and villains of our society an easy ride. Carry on though. Trolls gotta troll

You are wrongly assuming capitalism is a zero sum gain.

And surprisingly yes education has been known to improve your life chances for over 300 years. The word "education" covers everything from academic education such as science and engineering through to the ability to cut hair, fix plumbing, drive taxis and lay a straight line of bricks.

You will struggle to find an expert anywhere who will claim otherwise.

In a world of uncertainty it is the closest thing we have to a sure thing.

You wont find many well educated people on the scrapheap of life.

As for your boneheaded comment about flash cars and big houses, neither of these means you are successful in life. Not spending your life scrounging the dole and blaming the "f**king Tories" is a sign of success though.

Edited by oaksoft