Wee Teams

southsidebud

Due to parental duties re. my son's sports clubs, it is rare for us to be able to make away games (unless relatively close) - indeed some times its a near thing to get to the 2021 stadium (although ALWAYS achieved).

Easter Road is therefore out of the question today - so after we get back from his own team's game we are going to walk down to Hampden for Queens Park v Stenhousemuir.

I've been telling the boy about Saints history since I have I started going regularly (from 87 cup final onward) - so he knows about Gus. He's very keen to go along and make the spiders our 'wee team'. So I guess our criteria/rules for having a wee team are:

• Local to us (only really for non Paisley Saints)
  • Some sort of Saints connection - (Gus)
  • Smaller than Saints - (at least for the moment)
  • Only allowed to go and watch when Saints aren't playing or we can't get to the Saints game for other reasons.

Anyone else got any additional criteria for Wee Teams? Or do you think it is just a no go?

My son also wants to go and see Johnstone Burgh - who I used to go and watch when I lived at home and maybe Pollok as our new local Junior team. I reckon having a Junior team or two is ok in all circumstances though. :)

So for today I will be hoping for a win for Gus whilst listening to Open All Mics via one earphone hoping to hear about victory in Edinburgh  

34 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Due to parental duties re. my son's sports clubs, it is rare for us to be able to make away games (unless relatively close) - indeed some times its a near thing to get to the 2021 stadium (although ALWAYS achieved).

Easter Road is therefore out of the question today - so after we get back from his own team's game we are going to walk down to Hampden for Queens Park v Stenhousemuir.

I've been telling the boy about Saints history since I have I started going regularly (from 87 cup final onward) - so he knows about Gus. He's very keen to go along and make the spiders our 'wee team'. So I guess our criteria/rules for having a wee team are:

• Local to us (only really for non Paisley Saints)
  • Some sort of Saints connection - (Gus)
  • Smaller than Saints - (at least for the moment)
  • Only allowed to go and watch when Saints aren't playing or we can't get to the Saints game for other reasons.

Anyone else got any additional criteria for Wee Teams? Or do you think it is just a no go?

My son also wants to go and see Johnstone Burgh - who I used to go and watch when I lived at home and maybe Pollok as our new local Junior team. I reckon having a Junior team or two is ok in all circumstances though. :)

So for today I will be hoping for a win for Gus whilst listening to Open All Mics via one earphone hoping to hear about victory in Edinburgh  

You could listen to St Mirren Radio and get the match commentary in full.

My nearest sides would be between Stirling Albion and St Johnstone.

I have gone to some Albion games but not when SM are playing.

There's no criteria for going to watch football Southside. Just take your boy along and enjoy your afternoons together. 

Today I'll be watching the Sunderland v Arsenal match on telly - Sunderland being a club I've supported since I was three years old - and depending on how it goes (how quickly Arsenal put the game out of sight) I'll head down to Beltane Park to watch Wishaw Juniors v Cambuslang. 

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

There's no criteria for going to watch football Southside. Just take your boy along and enjoy your afternoons together. 

Today I'll be watching the Sunderland v Arsenal match on telly - Sunderland being a club I've supported since I was three years old - and depending on how it goes (how quickly Arsenal put the game out of sight) I'll head down to Beltane Park to watch Wishaw Juniors v Cambuslang. 

Someone's nicked dickhead's PC.

That is a normal, rational, coherent, cogent post.  :o

Well our Queens Park debut was 0-3 hammering by bottom team Stenhousemuir with a red card and penalty to get the score to 0-2 and effectively end it :(

A wee upside was that we both picked up a snazzy black and white scarf each which can be subbed in for our normal Saints ones to mix things up a bit down Paisley way.

I'm particularly taken with my super cool chess board check effort :)