Poppy ban

17/03/13

Just seen this on the news, I don't see wearing a poppy as a political statement, I see it as a mark of remembrance for many a person who lost their life during conflict. Some might say that it was politics that caused the conflict. I will still wear one as a sign of respect and remembrance.

1 minute ago, chalky1 said:

Just seen this on the news, I don't see wearing a poppy as a political statement, I see it as a mark of remembrance for many a person who lost their life during conflict. Some might say that it was politics that caused the conflict. I will still wear one as a sign of respect and remembrance.

And you should do!

it should be a personal decision.  For everyone.  That's precisely the sort of freedom that those who fought were defending.

The Remembrance and Poppy Displaying shouldn't be anywhere near Football. 

There are official Silences and Services on the 11th and the 13th of November. 

Anybody in this Country can show their repect there. 

Love to see all the Sevco followers make their way to a Remembrance Service on the morning of the 13th. 

Doubt they will. 

3 hours ago, shull said:

The Remembrance and Poppy Displaying shouldn't be anywhere near Football. 

There are official Silences and Services on the 11th and the 13th of November. 

Anybody in this Country can show their repect there. 

Love to see all the Sevco followers make their way to a Remembrance Service on the morning of the 13th. 

Doubt they will. 

Why just Sevco supporters- do you need to be a unionist to honour loved ones and show respect?

26 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Why just Sevco supporters- do you need to be a unionist to honour loved ones and show respect?

Probably everyone else pays their taxes to finance the Services, and making sure our troops, sailors and airmen receive the best equipment and support possible, so don't need to go over the score in such superficial demonstrations of honour and respect...?  :unsure:

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

Probably everyone else pays their taxes to finance the Services, and making sure our troops, sailors and airmen receive the best equipment and support possible, so don't need to go over the score in such superficial demonstrations of honour and respect...?  :unsure:

Think as discussed its an individual thing. Fed up with Shulls perception of all Gers and Tic fans.

I am sure you have lost family in wars , in those days its wasn't an option

33 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Just an example, as they always make a massive deal about it. I would hope all those Sevco individuals attend their local Remembrance Services on the morning of the 13th November. 

Great ignoring :lol:

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Just an example, as they always make a massive deal about it. I would hope all those Sevco individuals attend their local Remembrance Services on the morning of the 13th November. 

Great ignoring :lol:

Well stop being a bigot, that's why I don't support OF, who is "they" exactly

22 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Well stop being a bigot, that's why I don't support OF, who is "they" exactly

That is another of your posts today which I totally cannot understand. 

Thanks anyway for your 6th reply. 

I really think you would miss me if you had me on ignore. :lol:

As for keeping it out of football. 

There are many many Remembrance Services throughout Britain on the morning of the 13th November. Probably at the many Cenotaphs in villages, towns and cities of this great Country. I will be attending one personally. 

As there will be an official Silence at every one and in the Country as a whole, there should be no need for another Silence at St Mirren Park, just over an hour later. 

I do not ignore anybody. 

FIFA are corrupt and should not be allowed to lecture anybody on any subject. 

The Football Associations in this Country should put an end to the Poppy culture in football. 

Not needed. 

Plenty respect going on in more relevant places. 

Guest TPAFKATS

Poppy is now very much politicised.
It should be individual choice but now the poppy police demand everyone from footballers to celebrities must wear one from early October.

Watched a reporter do a link from mosul yesterday complete with new poppy on his flak jacket.
Chris Morris couldn't make up this kind of shit.

I see FIFA have the FAI under disciplinary investigation after they embroidered "1916 / 2016" on their shirts for the match against Switzerland in March. This was supposedly a commemoration of the Easter Rising. I wonder how long it will take before FIFA realise the political nature of "The Flower of Scotland" and take action accordingly. :rolleyes: I also hope that no-one feels tempted to drop them an e-mail highlighting some of the advertising boards at Greenhill Road, which are clearly overtly political.

Edited by Stuart Dickson