Was the sin bin a success

Kendo

Was the sin bin a success?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who knows - seems to me that the creation of The Sin Bin was a de facto admission that StuD and increasingly shull were out of control and should have been banned from the site.

I suppose div was caught between a rock and his advertising revenue. StuD attracted a lot of attention, I'd include myself on the list he hooked altho' I was trying to kick the habit, but no doubt he also drove a lot of people away.

The Sin Bin seemed to be a busy wee place and StuD & shull seemed to be revelling in it, StuD's exit seemed to be more to do with realizing that his attempt to sort out SMiSA by reporting them to "the powers that be" had backfired principally because he didn't even know who tptb actually were. As myself and others have mentioned it was always gonna end this way unless SMiSA made him Grand Wazoo. With his guru gone shull had little option but to follow..........

One things for sure, I'm not missing either of them.

11 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Who knows - seems to me that the creation of The Sin Bin was a de facto admission that StuD and increasingly shull were out of control and should have been banned from the site.

I suppose div was caught between a rock and his advertising revenue. StuD attracted a lot of attention, I'd include myself on the list he hooked altho' I was trying to kick the habit, but no doubt he also drove a lot of people away.

The Sin Bin seemed to be a busy wee place and StuD & shull seemed to be revelling in it, StuD's exit seemed to be more to do with realizing that his attempt to sort out SMiSA by reporting them to "the powers that be" had backfired principally because he didn't even know who tptb actually were. As myself and others have mentioned it was always gonna end this way unless SMiSA made him Grand Wazoo. With his guru gone shull had little option but to follow..........

One things for sure, I'm not missing either of them.

Also seems to me that action could have been taken without the need to make matters worse and satisfy the trolls lust to see Stuart ostracised.

Anyhow, it doesn't really matter.

The forum is still struggling along, although I still don't see the return of these poor wee souls who were driven away. :lol:

PS Shull didn't follow, he was banned as he upset Div.

Edited by faraway saint

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Nah, forums a duller place without StuD. I disagreed with the majority of what he said, but he held the club to account and I always read his posts.

Hope you voted as such. :rolleyes:

A duller/safer forum is what many prefer.

Sensitive wee souls prefer everybody to agree on everything, just like the real world. :lol:

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Hope you voted as such. :rolleyes:

A duller/safer forum is what many prefer.

Sensitive wee souls prefer everybody to agree on everything, just like the real world. :lol:

I'm not sure I entirely agree Faraway.................I like debate and disagreement as long as it is carried out in a reasonably respectful manner ad I would actually avoid a dull/safe forum.

For the record I don't think in any way StuD was the only person behaving in this manner and there was, in especial, a group of around 4 or 5 who followed him round the forum behaving in exactly the same manner as they criticised him for. There are also plenty of examples of the same kind of rubbish between other posters where threads were hijacked simply for opportunity to launch petty attacks and insults as opposed to discussing/debating whatever the thread was set up for.

Unfortunately debate had become more about point scoring and abusing, at every opportunity, rather than discussing, debating, arguing whichever point was the order of the day.

Just now, WeeBud said:

I'm not sure I entirely agree Faraway.................I like debate and disagreement as long as it is carried out in a reasonably respectful manner ad I would actually avoid a dull/safe forum.

For the record I don't think in any way StuD was the only person behaving in this manner and there was, in especial, a group of around 4 or 5 who followed him round the forum behaving in exactly the same manner as they criticised him for. There are also plenty of examples of the same kind of rubbish between other posters where threads were hijacked simply for opportunity to launch petty attacks and insults as opposed to discussing/debating whatever the thread was set up for.

Unfortunately debate had become more about point scoring and abusing, at every opportunity, rather than discussing, debating, arguing whichever point was the order of the day.

Good balanced view.

Don't do this again. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Kidding apart, I'm well aware that Stuart had an unswerving knack of annoying people.

This became very apparent in the referendum fiasco but, as you say, his trolls were equally as guilty of dragging threads into the gutter.

I had Stuart and his gang on ignore for quite a while as it wasn't something I wanted to read.

That, as far as I can see, is the crux of the matter.

People didn't see ignore as sufficient and wanted more.

Anyway, it's made some people happy, suppose that's a good thing. <_<

35 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Nah, forums a duller place without StuD. I disagreed with the majority of what he said, but he held the club to account and I always read his posts.

Duller - mayhaps............

As for holding the club to account I'd disagree, he pursued a vendetta against SG for the best part of 20 years and when I confronted with evidence to the contrary re the 2001/02 bonuses story he hid behind being told by the true story by a source. :rolleyes:  After that I bailed out - SD was no John Pilger.

He was at the beginning of pursuing one against SMiSA, no doubt using the same tactics, which would I presume have run as long...........

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Also seems to me that action could have been taken without the need to make matters worse and satisfy the trolls lust to see Stuart ostracised.

Anyhow, it doesn't really matter.

The forum is still struggling along, although I still don't see the return of these poor wee souls who were driven away. :lol:

PS Shull didn't follow, he was banned as he upset Div.

If you know the history of the forum you will know how busy it is when the team do well on the park. The forum needed a message put out especially to trolls. Some times you had to go through pages of fresh air before you actually came to something meaningful. When the team picks up so will the forum. 

To give Skidmark his due, he is as good as word.

Every bland and uninformative, emoticon-spattered post that he makes (and that someone inadvertently quotes) renders the Forum that bit duller and drearier.

The Sin Bin was effective.  The Forum is a more interesting place - if Saints could get a few wins and shift out of this unending drift towards oblivion, then it would again be a place of fun and laughter.

It was on the go and it was fun and informative, before shull, skidmark and the guy from Lanark... 

Despite their deleterious influence over recent years, it will continue to be so.

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If you know the history of the forum you will know how busy it is when the team do well on the park. The forum needed a message put out especially to trolls. Some times you had to go through pages of fresh air before you actually came to something meaningful. When the team picks up so will the forum. 

And what has the sin bin done for these trolls? :wacko: