Last of the Summer Blokes

Bud the Baker

10 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Could never get into last of the summer wine seemed popular dare I say English humour would take Jack and Victor any day of the week. 

I felt that when Michael Bates was no longer in it , it went downhill . I also thought it went way past its sell by date by a country mile . .

23 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Could never get into last of the summer wine seemed popular dare I say English humour would take Jack and Victor any day of the week. 

I felt that when Michael Bates was no longer in it , it went downhill . I also thought it went way past its sell by date by a country mile...

Not wishing to cause fisticuffs or anything so un-cool :)  BUT isn't opinion such a marvelous thing.  Personally I didn't particularly like Michael Bates (in Summer Wine I hasten to add)  and even though I was bought the first two series as a present (Because I absolutely loved the programme) I must admit I was disappointed with Michael Bates character Cyril Blamire, as to me it didn't seem to ring as true as Foggy Dewhurst (Brian Wide's character) ... who by the way came in and took over the role (in 1976) because Michael had been diagnosed with terminal cancer.  I actually feel that the programme took off from the third (Brian Wilde) series and I am Scottish and do not find the humour particularly English..............of course this is all in my humble opinion. :)