Scottish Football and the SPFL Premiership on the way up

St.Ricky

26 minutes ago, shull said:

Most of the Sky money will be wasted by the Premiership Clubs. 

I hope St Mirren get a chance to be amongst the Premiership Clubs to see how well we might use it. 

Players and their Agents will receive most of it. 

There are more players at clubs than other staff so I hope they will benefit most and attract the highest quality possible. 

And still none of the 10 Diddy Clubs will win the Top League. 

Perhaps so.... But it has happened before... Why not again? 

Would rather have Sportscene on TV every Saturday night and no live matches apart from Cup Finals and Play Off Deciders. 

I wouldn't argue with this... I'd prefer to go to a local game than watch on TV

Wonder if Clubs will reduce admission prices with all the extra income they are gonnae get ? 

You know the answer and answered correctly... No

I'd like to see   more opportunity for the unemployed, elderly and kids to attend at less cost. 

Eh naw. 

Never mind just the elderly, unemployed and children. 

Every person that wants to go shouldn't be getting ripped off 

Ten quid is more than plenty for any adult. 

And why presume all elderly are poor ?

Fair deal for every supporter no matter what box they are put in. 

The wage bill for all Premiership Clubs will rocket. 

That's all that will happen. 

General league positions won't change much. 

Shite players playing now will still be playing in a couple of years but with a few more grand a week in their wages. 

Farcical 

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Ignoring the wee troll above me its great news yes the rangers back helps but so does having  more competitive matches. Hope we stay a part of it

The difference with the wee troll is,  I think,  that he equates cheap with value for money.  I don't.  I recognise that higher quality deserves a higher price.  I'm glad to see that Sky do too.  What more evidence do people need to see that Scottish Football and the SPFL Premiership are on their way up.  More money coming in,  two clubs still in Europe, League Cup Final with Aberdeen involved.  Attendances up (including St Mirren).  Matches are highly competitive with lots of goals.  Yes.. Many against us.  That's our problem to solve!  Bring it on. 

Happy to be in the Premiership and also hope we stay there. 

I am kind of old but not poor.  Some are elderly but on tight budgets.  I'd hate to see long term Saint's Fans not being able to afford to come to games. 

Same with the unemployed.  With luck they would be  back in employment and paying full whack. 

Taxi Drivers though should clearly face a surcharge!  Happened to me often enough. 

Kids... Free or negigible cost with adults or in groups. 

Edited by St.Ricky

I'm with Shull.

If I'm right I'm sure the German leagues are very well priced for much better quality football.

Current SPL prices are nearly three hours minimum wage, not taking into account potential travel costs, especially for away games. The price for two adults and two kids just makes the whole thing ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I'm with Shull.

If I'm right I'm sure the German leagues are very well priced for much better quality football.

Current SPL prices are nearly three hours minimum wage, not taking into account potential travel costs, especially for away games. The price for two adults and two kids just makes the whole thing ridiculous.

I'd hardly argue for higher prices. 

The German Model seems to work well but... Is this a factor of size? 

How would it work in Scotland? 

Our prices are (I believe) considerably lower than in England. 

• 2 months later...