Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
faraway saint

Middle East Turmoil

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Middle east in turmoil, what's New?  Middle eastern countries have been fighting since time began and will probably remain that way as long as there are people still there or with an interest in it

It was the most violent for quite some time. :huh:

60 people killed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 4:22 PM, Deekthebuddie said:

Middle east in turmoil, what's New?  Middle eastern countries have been fighting since time began and will probably remain that way as long as there are people still there or with an interest in it

Still in turmoil. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Looks like the war in Syria is coming to a c;lose - for now.

Don’t see it. The Americans count Assad as a major risk to the petrodollar (their real reason for aiming to oust him). They won’t rest until he’s gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Don’t see it. The Americans count Assad as a major risk to the petrodollar (their real reason for aiming to oust him). They won’t rest until he’s gone.

I get your argument but the Russians seem to have their feet under the table in Syria for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I get your argument but the Russians seem to have their feet under the table in Syria for now.

I’m thankful for that. Without Russian/Iranian intervention, Syria would have been left directly in the hands of radical Islamists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I’m thankful for that. Without Russian/Iranian intervention, Syria would have been left directly in the hands of radical Islamists. 

Correct but it's also out of the hands of one superpower and into another's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Correct but it's also out of the hands of one superpower and into another's. 

At least the Syrian people are safer now than they would be if that superpower was the Americans. The current situation in Libya is the perfect example of the shit “Western-led intervention” leaves you in. The terrorist factions fighting for power there now wouldn’t have stood a chance against the Gaddafi leadership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...