Shetland

shull

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 10/20/2021 at 4:05 PM, shull said:

Tonight's the night.

5 hours to go.

Douglas Henshall , a Barrhead dude and a St Mirren Supporter.

And a great actor.

New Series begins on the 10th August.

Brilliant 

Dougie has said that this will be his last series as he wants to concentrate on other tv opportunities, he will be a miss if they decide to keep producing them, will they go down the Taggart and Morse route or just find another actor to take on the role who knows? I believe he's from Barrhead and is/was a SMISA member during buy the buds, I'm sure Shull will put me right if that's incorrect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The DH comments picked upon were not bigoted.  The most recent one that he has deleted, was against bigotry, but on this occasion, highlighting one side of it.  There has been a bigot pile-on - typically trying to repress freedom of speech.

the one about judges seemed entirely reasonable to me 

Those deploying the word “c**t” could reasonably be read as a term of endearment.

What a load of shite, Tosh is still in the caravan with 8 seconds to go but we are to believe in that time she breaks a window or door and gets far enough clear of the blast that she only has wee burns on her hands.

Naw.

Henshall's acting is truly woeful at times, really wooden. So is Steven Robinson's, his delivery constantly sounds like he's reading his lines off an idiot board. And WTF is the guy from Casualty's accent all about?

1 hour ago, antrin said:

The DH comments picked upon were not bigoted.  The most recent one that he has deleted, was against bigotry, but on this occasion, highlighting one side of it.  There has been a bigot pile-on - typically trying to repress freedom of speech.

the one about judges seemed entirely reasonable to me 

Those deploying the word “c**t” could reasonably be read as a term of endearment.

He certainly caused a stir. I don’t have any time for bigotry but it exists and shouldn’t be swept under a carpet. While I’m at it - what was that display in the crowd at Celtic Park all about. Neither bunch cover themselves in glory.

11 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

What a load of shite, Tosh is still in the caravan with 8 seconds to go but we are to believe in that time she breaks a window or door and gets far enough clear of the blast that she only has wee burns on her hands.

Naw.

Henshall's acting is truly woeful at times, really wooden. So is Steven Robinson's, his delivery constantly sounds like he's reading his lines off an idiot board. And WTF is the guy from Casualty's accent all about?

EAB. Did you ever attend Saturday morning matinee films? Every film ended with a cliff hanger where it looked certain that there was no escape and death awaited the hero or heroine, only to be proved wrong the following Saturday when you saw them perform a last second miracle escape. Ps. I enjoy Shetland

3 minutes ago, Rascal said:

EAB. Did you ever attend Saturday morning matinee films? Every film ended with a cliff hanger where it looked certain that there was no escape and death awaited the hero or heroine, only to be proved wrong the following Saturday when you saw them perform a last second miracle escape. Ps. I enjoy Shetland

You know, that's exactly what I thought of at the start of the next episode when she was safe and sound in the back of the ambulance.

"That was just like all of those Flash Gordon/Buck Rodgers episodes I used to watch at The Regal on a Saturday morning". However, those serials were aimed at children...Shetland is not.

Oh look, there's the "You smoked yer leg aff/Ah'm carpets" guy from Still Game as the explosives expert.

9 hours ago, Rascal said:

He certainly caused a stir. I don’t have any time for bigotry but it exists and shouldn’t be swept under a carpet. While I’m at it - what was that display in the crowd at Celtic Park all about. Neither bunch cover themselves in glory.

Coming to a Stadium near us.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2022/09/05/news/celtic_ultras_face_criticism_over_use_of_battle_of_bogside_image_at_old_firm_game-2818089/