Shetland

shull

2 hours ago, shull said:

Could do without this.

Keep politics and religion out of football.

Edited by Rascal

• 7 months later...
44 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I made a wee joke, I have nothing against her, I think she lacks the gravitas and facial expression for a key role in some celtic noir though and the injections & fillers dont help her with that.  

I think that comment may be unfair as there is no evidence that I can read that she has done so. Quite the opposite in fact. 

Good luck to her as she seems a naturally bonnie lass who has endured a difficult few years.

I think there were only 8 Shetland books, so like a lot of series it'll depend on the quality of writing to survive, unlike Coronation Street, Eastenders et al where 'tradition' rather than good writing are the recipe to survive.

Edited by StanleySaint

12 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

I think there were only 8 Shetland books, so like a lot of series it'll depend on the quality of writing to survive, unlike Coronation Street, Eastenders et al where 'tradition' rather than good writing are the recipe to survive.

Ann Cleeves is a wee factory of quality crime-writing.

dunno how many Vera’s she wrote, (10 - just checked) but that series rolls on and on. (55 episodes, so far - just checked…)

amazingly prolific.

9 hours ago, antrin said:

Ann Cleeves is a wee factory of quality crime-writing.

dunno how many Vera’s she wrote, (10 - just checked) but that series rolls on and on. (55 episodes, so far - just checked…)

amazingly prolific.

She's also got a new series of books set in Devon or Cornwall that I haven't got to yet.

• 5 months later...