Tina Turner gone.

faraway saint

10 hours ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

I might have known that our resident "Rangers/Sevco" supporter would have stated a thread about a woman who sang "Simply The Best"! :lol:clapping😜🤪

Sorry to see her go, but I expect she hasn’t really…

https://www.entertainersworldwide.com/tina-turner-tribute-acts/uk

55 top class hits and she (in one shape or another) will keep churning them out, despite being dead.

I've been thinking about the bold Tina and I actually had one of her albums, well a cassette to be more accurate, back in the 80's. 

Private Dancer, fairly unusual for me as I rarely purchased any female singers.

That was about it but she had a pretty successful career, overall well thought of after a turbulent early life and the dreaded cancer eventually took her.

Her music will live on for many millions who enjoyed her music.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I've been thinking about the bold Tina and I actually had one of her albums, well a cassette to be more accurate, back in the 80's. 

Private Dancer, fairly unusual for me as I rarely purchased any female singers.

That was about it but she had a pretty successful career, overall well thought of after a turbulent early life and the dreaded cancer eventually took her.

Her music will live on for many millions who enjoyed her music.

Not my type of music but Private Dancer was written by Mark Knopfler I believe.

14 hours ago, antrin said:

Sorry to see her go, but I expect she hasn’t really…

https://www.entertainersworldwide.com/tina-turner-tribute-acts/uk

55 top class hits and she (in one shape or another) will keep churning them out, despite being dead.

Yeah, she was certainly very popular and her sales speak for themselves.  I've never been a fan of hers to be honest, I'm more of a Nina Simone, Ella Fitzgerald, Dusty Springfield man when it comes to female solo singers but I do appreciate that she was important to others and other "big stars" have credited her over the years for her influence.  She also had bad experiences in her personal life, both as a child and adult, that no-one should ever have to go through.

R.I.P. Tina Turner.