Top 5 Cringingly Embarrassing Tv Comedies

ST SID

1. The last (Cleeseless) series of Monty Python's Flying Circus

2. The High Life (as previously mentioned)

3. That thing with Gerard Kelly as the bank clerk (the LOUDER I SHOUT, the FUNNIER I AM)

4. Rab C Nesbitt (a case of emperor's new clothes if ever I saw it)

5. The Lex McLean Show (one for the oldies)

Hmmm, four of them are made by BBC Scotland. Strange that...

2. The High Life (as previously mentioned)

3. That thing with Gerard Kelly as the bank clerk (the LOUDER I SHOUT, the FUNNIER I AM)

The High Life was brilliant!

And the programme with Gerard Kelly was called City Lights, another quality show.

Thought Rab C Nesbitt was s***e right enough.

1. Mad About Alice - utter pash with Jamie Theakston and Les Dennis's ex looking embarassed

2. My Hero - what on earth was Ardal O'Hanlon thinking?

3. Oh Dr Beeching - 80s rubbish starring the entire cast of Hi-de-Hi. Christ I hated this programme.

4. 3 Non Blondes - agree with Sid, utter shyte. Being coloured, female and loud does not necessarily make you funny. You actually need humerous material too.

5. Celeb - that Harry Enfield abortion where he tried to base an entire comedy series on a Private Eye cartoon. Nice one Harry.

The High Life was indeed quality. :lol::lol:

5. caledonian macbrains - why?

The first series with Rob McLean was pish. The second with Dominik Diamond wasn't bad, but still nothing great.

On a similar theme, anyone remember a program called The Golden Cagoule or am I just imagining it?

No, Stu, you're quite correct. Hosted by Muriel Gray, if I remember rightly.

Oh, there's some right stinkers on here, isn't there? Never seen 3 Non-Blondes. One of them wouldn't happen to be this so-called comedian that you see in every feckin' one of the "I Love s***e TV" poxy rubbish nostalgic pishfest programs where loads of f**king utter nobodies try and give youa "humorous insight" into something you remember happening but didn't give a monkey's about at the time (except England losing in the football)? Gina something, isn't that her name?

And who could forget "Babes In The Wood"? A "comedy" about three female flat-mates living it up in London that included Denise Van Outen; you just KNEW that was going to be pish.

One of them wouldn't happen to be this so-called comedian that you see in every feckin' one of the "I Love s***e TV" poxy rubbish nostalgic pishfest programs where loads of f**king utter nobodies try and give youa "humorous insight" into something you remember happening but didn't give a monkey's about at the time (except England losing in the football)? Gina something, isn't that her name?

I think it's Gina Yashere you are thinking of. She is appalling and her insights usually consist of comments along the lines of "yeah, right, it's like, wow, you know, I'm like, man, that's just sad". Totally perplexed how she manages to pass herself off as a comedian but I've a fair idea why she keeps popping up on these things.

Believe it or not, the 3 in 3 Non Blondes are even more irritating and unfunny. you only have to see the opening titles and that sums the whole thing up. Abysmal!!!

Edited by Thorizaar

Guest bawbag
I think it's Gina Yashere you are thinking of. She is appalling

Got heckled and booed off the platform at Jongleurs Glasgow, just couldn’t handle the fact we wanted something funny and she just couldn’t deliver. :lol:

Got to go with Thorizaar this time…..she is utter pish!