All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Er… I made no point. Merely noted an ironic historical reality.
  3. Today
  4. For Nottingham Forest, Liverpool and England defender has passed away at the age of 75.
  5. And if that were a national anthem of Scotland I'm certain it would goad a reaction from our southern brethren, but it's not, so your point is invalid.
  6. Same. I'd rather pay £1.50 for a return from Hawkhead (15 mins to Glasgow) than the 38 bus for free which takes 3 times as long.
  7. Think I'll catch the train. even thou I have a bus pass.
  8. Got our tickets. Bus organised. Just me and the grandson as my missus is fed up with VAR. No matter what some say, I believe VAR IS turning folk off and the increase in numbers attending will be reversed as more and more people will vote with their feet in protest of this ridiculous interference in what was the beautiful game. Numbers were rising before the farce but I can't see more becoming involved while we have this micro management of our game. Funny thing is, I was hopeful of VAR levelling things up by correcting the disparity in positive decisions for the @rsecheeks. In reality, it's just highlighted the ineptness of our officials and destroyed the atmosphere when a goal is scored. Back to the game. Heart says narrow victory. Head says, best case scenario? Draw.
  9. I love them! Also there's something magical about a rousing rendition of Flower of Scotland before the game. I also like to hear other nations' anthems.
  10. Yesterday
  11. I share your opinion. 👍 And… as for those of a (Scot’s) nationalist disposition… … it should be noted the the daft Princes’ followers centuries ago, sang the same song with minor amendments, so that… …Jacobite beliefs were demonstrated in an alternative verse used during the same period:[45]
  12. National anthems are a load of shite. Why is it that we have to endure them before football or rugby internationals ? Most anthems are pathetic dirges harking back to historical battles or wars that we don't need to be reminded of - exactly the same shite that we hate (but have to listen to) when Rangers come to Paisley. Completely unnecessary, a waste of time, and an opportunity for cretins in the crowd to shame their own nation. Get them to feck !! Just my opinion, of course.
  13. Phat Bhuna in Canal Street too. They opened a sister restaurant in Cambuslang. Tried it last week... Very tasty and great value.
  14. Really? Verse 6? Lord grant that Marshal Wade, May by thy mighty aid, Victory bring. May he sedition hush, And like a torrent rush, Rebellious Scots to crush May god get rid of the king (and his hangers on) OK. Maybe I made the last bit up but I would NEVER advertise the actual line. I don't think I've heard them boo any other Nation anthem recently.
  1. Load more activity