I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Wallinger never really got the success/recognition he deserved. Scotty still denies him the recognition he deserves for TWoTM. .

Best thing Karl did was to leave Waterboys. World Parties first 3 albums are essential buys and just wish the guy produced more music,

Saw Mike Rosenberg aka Passenger on Sunday for the umpteenth time. Ed Sheerin stole his style while touring with him but cannot hold a candle to this guy's talent as a songwriter and musician. If you like Sheerin then listen to Mike's music (particularly Wicked Man's Rest album) and you will see exactly what I am saying about taking his style and making him a big hit whereas Mike should be the one up there. Unique voice like Tracy Chapman/Cat Steven as a hint but much better - just don't say James Blunt.

Plus they had a song called Love Street.

They certainly did. I think l could safely say that Scotty did the lyrics for WOTM and Karl did the music, the music has Karls' style. However , Karl doesn't get mention in the song credits and hence the bad blood to this day. .

[media=]

[/media] Edited by saintnextlifetime

How very dare you sir!!!mad.gif

I still have a recording of a programme called Rock Around the Clock (c1984) , New Order were appearing live from Maida Vale at one point . Sumner comes across as an arrogant , grumpy , wee bastard and keeps having a dig a Stephen Morris. .but the music was fine particularly back then . .some of it has dated now wereas, Joy Division hasn't. .

I still have a recording of a programme called Rock Around the Clock (c1984) , New Order were appearing live from Maida Vale at one point . Sumner comes across as an arrogant , grumpy , wee bastard and keeps having a dig a Stephen Morris. .but the music was fine particularly back then . .some of it has dated now wereas, Joy Division hasn't. .

I used to like you!!! tongue.png

tongue.png

Sumner can sing but as an individual he is up his own arse. If I'd been Morris that night I'd have Hooked him. .

I've spoken with him a couple of times & while not being over friendly, he was always polite but never "grumpy"!

I think in the early days of New Order may have been different though as he never wanted to be on lead vocals!

& by the way he can't sing!!! lol.gif That is what I like about him, a bit like Ian Brown actually.