Yul's Back

YulBrynner

It will always be a CIC that is proposed as it is that status that will deliver the growth for SMFC and its community. smile.png

Great time to speculate with guaranteed answers coming on Wednesday. If the cic wants to increase fans contributions then it's a no. If we have to commit to a 3 yr direct debit plan in the normal way then it's a no. If we take up the full £700,000 debt without the board making any concesions then it's a no. Just my opinion but i live in hope that none of the above are in 10000hrs minds.

Great time to speculate with guaranteed answers coming on Wednesday. If the cic wants to increase fans contributions then it's a no. If we have to commit to a 3 yr direct debit plan in the normal way then it's a no. If we take up the full £700,000 debt without the board making any concesions then it's a no. Just my opinion but i live in hope that none of the above are in 10000hrs minds.

And the award for the contradictory post of the year goes to Mr Fickle. tongue.png

There was no speculation in my post. Plenty in yours though. bangin.gif

But with the fans original contribution it was going to take 10 years to pay off the loans anyway.

Certainly want to see the CIC go forward with a plan to win the 52% share.

Surely it can only be done by increasing the subscription ? Or extending the loan period ? The 52% share holding need realize times have changed in this dark economic climate and as such bring the price down accordingly.

Sid you were an all singing dancing supporter of CIC to the point you were over the top with it. It looked like you were wanting on the board to me. Your PR self promotion was in full swing.

Then the CIC was derailed at which point you seemed to become one of the CIC strongest critics.

Now Richard might have a plan to put the CIC back on the rails you seem to be coming back to the CIC.

When is your PR going into full swing.

I just find it quite funny because you are quite intelligent only to be blown by the wind.

We are all aloud to change our minds but it looks far more credible when you change your mind not to go back where you started. Just an observation Sid , if I met you in a Pub I would still say hello and buy you a pint.

And the award for the contradictory post of the year goes to Mr Fickle. tongue.png

There was no speculation in my post. Plenty in yours though. bangin.gif

Thanx for the award Sid but my post has nothing to do with you. Speculation will cease on Wednesday and I thought this was a good time to go through the various scenarios which might be on the table. Taking my posts as a newcomer aside I think the majority on here will look to you as a founder member as being the most erratic. So the award goes to you my friend .....enjoypunk.gif

...if I met you in a Pub I would still say hello and buy you a pint.

Good man - I'll have a Guinness at the meeting on Wednesday.

I have never changed my mind at all. I just took my foot off the gas for my own personal giggle jollies. Over the past few months there has been no point keeping banging on about the benefits of the CIC as everyone is pretty much aware of it as the 800+ subscriptions proves. It was time to let the likes of somner9 have the floor and despite an open goal to attack the CIC they haven't really added anything to the initial rumourmongering and personal attacks on REA and other CIC proposers. The CIC itself is still a great opportunity for the club and doesn't need to be resold as the benefits are brutally obvious. I expect that there will have been some fine tuning to the plan to manage the last funder not being allowed to release their funds by an external party. Hardly the stake through the heart of the CIC that the celebrations on here by "the posse" mooted. smile.png

I have never changed my mind at all. I just took my foot off the gas for my own personal giggle jollies. Over the past few months there has been no point keeping banging on about the benefits of the CIC as everyone is pretty much aware of it as the 800+ subscriptions proves. It was time to let the likes of somner9 have the floor and despite an open goal to attack the CIC they haven't really added anything to the initial rumourmongering and personal attacks on REA and other CIC proposers. The CIC itself is still a great opportunity for the club and doesn't need to be resold as the benefits are brutally obvious. I expect that there will have been some fine tuning to the plan to manage the last funder not being allowed to release their funds by an external party. Hardly the stake through the heart of the CIC that the celebrations on here by "the posse" mooted. smile.png

Hope so

Sid , if I met you in a Pub I would still say hello and buy you a pint.

LS try this website.

Honestly if you are that lonely that you'd not only entertain an approach in a pub from a smelly, dirty looking weirdo like Sid, but actively encourage it by offering to buy him a pint I think it's time you admitted your desperation. whistling.gif

LS try this website.

Honestly if you are that lonely that you'd not only entertain an approach in a pub from a smelly, dirty looking weirdo like Sid, but actively encourage it by offering to buy him a pint I think it's time you admitted your desperation. whistling.gif

Says the St Mirren hating sulker posting on a St Mirren site. bangin.gif

But with the fans original contribution it was going to take 10 years to pay off the loans anyway.

Certainly want to see the CIC go forward with a plan to win the 52% share.

Surely it can only be done by increasing the subscription ? Or extending the loan period ? The 52% share holding need realize times have changed in this dark economic climate and as such bring the price down accordingly.

Sid you were an all singing dancing supporter of CIC to the point you were over the top with it. It looked like you were wanting on the board to me. Your PR self promotion was in full swing.

Then the CIC was derailed at which point you seemed to become one of the CIC strongest critics.

Now Richard might have a plan to put the CIC back on the rails you seem to be coming back to the CIC.

When is your PR going into full swing.

I just find it quite funny because you are quite intelligent only to be blown by the wind.

We are all aloud to change our minds but it looks far more credible when you change your mind not to go back where you started. Just an observation Sid , if I met you in a Pub I would still say hello and buy you a pint.

You ask some good questions my friend and the point is we can speculate now as the truth will be delivered on Wednesday. No increase in d/d is a must. No 3yr commitment is a must. A reduction in the asking price is a must. If these conditions are met then we have a chance.

Guest somner9

Well thanks for the floor Sid, it was nice to wipe it with your contributions. looking ahead as a non 10000 hours Bud (not anti a cic just anti the 10000 hours fiasco) the acid test on wednesday i believe will not be about what went wrong? what's the proposal now etc??? I think the future involvement of 10000 hours will be decided by the general level of interest!!!

That being how many show up, or register/reconfirm an interest after the meeting. That I believe will be the real test for 10000 hours, and they may well come to rue their woeful communication strategy if there's little interest outside the dozen or so regulars commenting here. A person can be reasoned, but people are fickle and the period of no communication followed by a poor statement of intent will leave I fear many cold as to the capabilities of 10000 hours.

We'll know soon enough

Well thanks for the floor Sid, it was nice to wipe it with your contributions. looking ahead as a non 10000 hours Bud (not anti a cic just anti the 10000 hours fiasco) the acid test on wednesday i believe will not be about what went wrong? what's the proposal now etc??? I think the future involvement of 10000 hours will be decided by the general level of interest!!!

That being how many show up, or register/reconfirm an interest after the meeting. That I believe will be the real test for 10000 hours, and they may well come to rue their woeful communication strategy if there's little interest outside the dozen or so regulars commenting here. A person can be reasoned, but people are fickle and the period of no communication followed by a poor statement of intent will leave I fear many cold as to the capabilities of 10000 hours.

We'll know soon enough

You are right, we will know soon enough. I think Wednesday will be quite an eye opener as to the reasons/people who stopped the final funding from being received.

Out of interest, I'd like to know the site stats for how many unique visitors and forums stats for contributors when the CiC recruitment process was in full swing. You're right, there have been very few contributors here over the last couple months and this may be an indicator of ongoing interest. However, was there really that more a few months ago when 800 people signed up? Like I said, I'd be interested to see as it may be an acid test.

To add to speculation re how to raise more finance or repay more, the other way that reborn and lochwinnoch didn't mention would be to get more people to sign up. This might be a tough one to pull off, but also, if the new proposal is improved and maybe more attractive then maybe the 800 who have signed up might increase... That might be a proposal?!

Yes the stadium could be sold, but only if the CIC agreed to sell it. The CIC = The supporters So, if the fans decided to sell the stadium, they could do so. The funds raised by any sale however could not leave the CIC.

But not all the funds would go to the CIC surely as 48% of the shares would not be owned by the CIC?

So, if the CIc decided to sell the ground then 48% of the proceeds would be due to the other shareholders who could do whatthey wanted with the money?

But not all the funds would go to the CIC surely as 48% of the shares would not be owned by the CIC?

So, if the CIc decided to sell the ground then 48% of the proceeds would be due to the other shareholders who could do whatthey wanted with the money?

What a bizarre perspective......without even having to point out where you and Div have completely misread what an "asset lock" would mean. In your scenario you appear to think that the community board would vote to sell the stadium and then that 48% or a significant subset of the 48% would run away with the money leaving St Mirren homeless. Top class whataboutery though.

Guest somner9

Big speculating but if anyone decided to sell the ground after a CIC purchase of 52% of shares then that would be the exec board of the CiC (Using 10000 hours model released in april/may). Longshot... yes but something that made me wonder as to the "What if" scenarios should 10000 hours proposal fail/fold and the bills still needed to be paid?

an asset lock really just means that no one can "Strip" the good/valuable bits away at a whim, however obviously as a company a CiC can sell it's interests and the proposed 10000 hours exec board had the power to over rule any fan involvement

Big speculating but if anyone decided to sell the ground after a CIC purchase of 52% of shares then that would be the exec board of the CiC (Using 10000 hours model released in april/may). Longshot... yes but something that made me wonder as to the "What if" scenarios should 10000 hours proposal fail/fold and the bills still needed to be paid?

an asset lock really just means that no one can "Strip" the good/valuable bits away at a whim, however obviously as a company a CiC can sell it's interests and the proposed 10000 hours exec board had the power to over rule any fan involvement

Another poorly informed post. That is not how it works....do your homework. spudnikconfounded.gif

Guest somner9

Another poorly informed post. That is not how it works....do your homework. spudnikconfounded.gif

Sid is so right I forgot to add the exec board could even if the CiC went into administration sign it over to a pre-determined charity, say like a church or somethingwhistling.gif

Sid is so right I forgot to add the exec board could even if the CiC went into administration sign it over to a pre-determined charity, say like a church or somethingwhistling.gif

... so the whole CIC venture is a scam devised by RA to secure a new home for the Life Church at St Mirren FC's expense... even though i don't think RA is a member of that congregation?

I think RA has said on record at public meetings what would happen if the CIC got into financial trouble and was unable to meet its payment schedule to the funders; i.e., 1) Social funders don't lend on the same basis as banks or commercial lenders and it is very unlikely they would push the CIC into administration and 2) if the funders were demanding repayment and the CIC was unable to meet the payments the worst case scenario is the CIC's 52% shareholding in St Mirren FC would be put up for sale with the starting price being whatever the outstanding debts to the funders were (meaning it would be lower than the current £2m asking price).

Oh FFS!

Nothing could be done unless allowed in a ratified Constitution and the 800 plus would make sure the Constitution would make the ground safe surely?

Usual scaremongering...

Que Sera Sera

And in 1 statement all of the credibility that Somner9 had worked hard to build up has gone!

Another one bites the dust... The "Posse" are dropping like proverbial flies!