Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/17/2024 at 5:43 PM, faraway saint said:

In these days we used to actually buy stiff at the cinema, unlike these days when it costs an arm and a leg for a bag of Pick N Mix. :lol:

I know, last time at the cinema the woman at the Pick n Mix refused to accept a £50 note.

I had to use two twenties and a ten.

6 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I know, last time at the cinema the woman at the Pick n Mix refused to accept a £50 note.

I had to use two twenties and a ten.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

A small bag then? :wink:

What does the woman's height matter ?

Ah, great memories of The Brabloch/Tappit Hen.

Fist met @North Sea Saint here, spent many nights here in my youth.

Made my first public appearance at a darts night out playing the guitar and giving a dodgy rendition of Only Sixteen by Dr Hook. :thumbs2

Brabloch Hotel. Opposite Reid Kerr College. The public bar was called the Tappit Hen.

Upmarket place back in the day. Weddings, special occasions discos etc.

Now apartments. Any memories ?

May be an image of 1 person and candle holder

On 3/11/2024 at 7:30 PM, faraway saint said:

He's edited that. It originally said "the East Renfrewhire town".

On 3/19/2024 at 9:53 PM, faraway saint said:

Is this where you and Basher shared a cell? 🤔

Funny he's all but disappeared since the likes were, wrongfully, removed. 🤡

Unlike you, I've got a life to get on with and I don't spend all of my time on here like some.  I've enjoyed taking a break from reading your non-stop bullshit!

What is wrong with you?  A supposedly "fully grown man" bitching about "likes"?

I have to agree with others on here who think you're not well.  Definitely not the full shilling in some way.

Edited by BigYardsAndBasher

4 hours ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

Unlike you, I've got a life to get on with and I don't spend all of my time on here like some.  I've enjoyed taking a break from reading your non-stop bullshit!

What is wrong with you?  A supposedly "fully grown man" bitching about "likes"?

I have to agree with others on here who think you're not well.  Definitely not the full shilling in some way.

:lol:

HI guys, 

Hope you're all well. I own that Paisley Heritage facebook page and I'm thinking of launching a wee history forum page on our new website. The sites not officially launched yet but its paisleyshop.co.uk. I was wondering if any of you would be interesting in becoming moderators on the history forum? :)

8 hours ago, Paisley Heritage said:

HI guys, 

Hope you're all well. I own that Paisley Heritage facebook page and I'm thinking of launching a wee history forum page on our new website. The sites not officially launched yet but its paisleyshop.co.uk. I was wondering if any of you would be interesting in becoming moderators on the history forum? :)

That will be a big ask ! Most on here can’t moderate their own content never mind others 😝 good luck with the site it looks very interesting, will definitely have a look at the Harry Hornby collection and might buy a print or two 👍🏻

On 3/22/2024 at 5:28 PM, ALBIONSAINT said:

That will be a big ask ! Most on here can’t moderate their own content never mind others 😝 good luck with the site it looks very interesting, will definitely have a look at the Harry Hornby collection and might buy a print or two 👍🏻

Haha I'm not sure where else to go. I've posted on the fb page and twitter looking for folks. Hopefully I can find a few folks who are interested. 

On 3/24/2024 at 7:35 AM, Paisley Heritage said:

Haha I'm not sure where else to go. I've posted on the fb page and twitter looking for folks. Hopefully I can find a few folks who are interested. 

Joined and find most of the pictures/articles quite interesting.

This caught my eye this morning, slightly romanticising life back in the day but a lot of truth especially the final few lines, not a mention of mental health issues that have become the crutch for society as a whole.

May be an image of text

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Joined and find most of the pictures/articles quite interesting.

This caught my eye this morning, slightly romanticising life back in the day but a lot of truth especially the final few lines, not a mention of mental health issues that have become the crutch for society as a whole.

May be an image of text

You are discouraged from being stoic in today’s society. They are creating a mental health market for the private sector to harvest and fleece. It’s started already with adult ADHD, folks (mainly women) who have had productive functioning life’s appear to now be getting diagnosed with a childhood condition where symptoms disappear in 4 out of 5 children when they reach late teens. Once the huge market is created the private sector will turn the U.K. into a mini America. 

11 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

You are discouraged from being stoic in today’s society. They are creating a mental health market for the private sector to harvest and fleece. It’s started already with adult ADHD, folks (mainly women) who have had productive functioning life’s appear to now be getting diagnosed with a childhood condition where symptoms disappear in 4 out of 5 children when they reach late teens. Once the huge market is created the private sector will turn the U.K. into a mini America. 

👍👍👍