Why Is It So Nasty?

Guest somner9

Dave, You were hung out to dry by them last night, the lady behind me was pissed off that RA came armed with the info to shoot Smisa down, every body in the room felt for you cos you were the only one there to take the flak, its was nothing against you,

Personally I'm not giving a toss about that. If REA & co had answers to the questions - great, lets hear them. As it was, they had retorts - fine. I simply felt the point re the constitution had to be asked given WB & AC were away on holibags and it may otherwise have gone unasked. If they hadn't been, someone would surely have asked why given the previous statement (and of the ones published, personally I thought that was the most important to raise)...? No hidden agenda - simply want the truth to out.

Guest somner9

I find it deeply sad that 10000 hours found it necessary to "Come Armed" to deal with Smisa last night. Do they not appreciate that Smisa are a group of saints fans? Why weren't 10000 hours "Armed" to engage and get smisa and saints fans onside rather than pitting them against each other?

When did mr Atkinson become a saints supporter?????

That comment = you have no understanding of the fans takeover what so ever. I'm not trying to be abusive here.

Take the time out to read through 10,000 hours. No one can walk away with a pile of cash it's impossible.

Not all human beings are bad. RA has been involved with the club for three years now who's to say he has not developed a club relationship.

That comment = you have no understanding of the fans takeover what so ever. I'm not trying to be abusive here.

Take the time out to read through 10,000 hours. No one can walk away with a pile of cash it's impossible.

Not all human beings are bad. RA has been involved with the club for three years now who's to say he has not developed a club relationship.

rtfm....there's quite a lot of flexibility for money to be taken out of the CIC within the constitution as it currently stands.

rtfm....there's quite a lot of flexibility for money to be taken out of the CIC within the constitution as it currently stands.

Money being paid out would have to go through a committee and you would think at least three signatures. I'm guessing here but I don't think I am far wrong

No

For me, that says more about you than it does them.

Surely we should be embracing all who opt to support our club. No?

Unless, of course, there is a more sinister insinuation in your line of thinking....

Doh

The death of fan ownership was confirmed at approx 19:20pm 7 June 2012 by the following tweet:

"As of tomorrow morning, anyone who wishes to run for election to the CIC board can email [email protected] and ask to be considered."

So 10000 hours version of democracy goes a bit like: "you pay for us to put ourselves on the BoD, then we decide which of you we want on the wee BoD"

You couldn't f**ken make it up!

Liked all the tweets emphasising we are now being propped up by the 'Big Issue' that must mean I've already got a membership for all those £'s over the years.

Especially interested in the tweets that kept repeating there is no debt to the club (which as a parent org they confirmed in other tweets there is) followed by the less than startling revelation that they hadn't sold any £25k memberships!!! So the great GLS masterplan to halve the debt hasn't worked, will he keep his directorship based on this shocking level of performance???

Oh the reason it (10000 hours)hasn't been successful apparently is because we (SMFC) are so successful (Shull did you get that wan). Although SG in todays Herald insists we haven't moved on at all off the park.

They did at least confirm:

A - it's not a co-operative, and didn't seem to want to discuss that

B - there is no eveidence of Member democratic control (the self elected board choose who sits on the wee board, and the exec board just get in because)

C - they didn't want to talk about who and why they have promised certain groups the club's revenue generating opportunities?

D - and the reason people, community groups, businesses haven't got behind it is mainly down to the cheek of SMFC fans who discuss it at length on their fan forums

add to that the selection of scare story slides, the amount of times they repeated the selling consortium's THREAT! that they will sell to whoever before August, and the now ritual slating of Smisa and or anyone who dain to challenge their proposal.

Nothing changed, it's not democratic by their own admission. And if 10000 hours refuse to accept it hasn't been widely supported because they haven't been able to make a plan last until lunchtime then more fool them.

Come on other bidders let's be 'Aving you!

Poor post Bud, full of mince and that last line is just asking for trouble IMO.

Rest assured that if the CIC bid fails, then you will get lip-serice from the new owners and no-one on here to argue with.

When did mr Atkinson become a saints supporter?????

For the past a couple of years at least I would imagine.

My grandson became a Saints fan only 1 month ago. You got a problem with that?

Poor post Bud, full of mince and that last line is just asking for trouble IMO.

Rest assured that if the CIC bid fails, then you will get lip-serice from the new owners and no-one on here to argue with.

No welcome to the world of ST Mirren

For the past a couple of years at least I would imagine.

My grandson became a Saints fan only 1 month ago. You got a problem with that?

A little request - can we stop with all the analytical cock-waving of determining who is a 'true' Saints fan please? It doesn't matter when you start, how you start, your past history, your background, your family, your politics, your race, religion, colour or anything else. No Saints fan should ever have to justify their support of the club to another - we have enough problems with that with ill-educated opposition fans & neutrals pigeonholing us to suit their own twisted ideologies and/or ignorance.

With that in mind the last thing we need is to be doing that of our own. End of.

Unfortunately it is impossible to make the blind see the light of day.

I just hope there is enough of us take up the CIC because the other option is not what anyone of you want unless of course you don't mind loans being paid directly by the club money that would otherwise be spent on the team

Dear me grasping at straws now are we

How so?

You have stated that you differentiate between St Mirren supporters on the basis of how long they have supported the club. Seems an odd concept to me. On that basis, I was wondering if your question as to when Richard Atkinson became a St Mirren supporter had a sub-text.

No straw clutching there, I wouldn't have thought.

A little request - can we stop with all the analytical cock-waving of determining who is a 'true' Saints fan please? It doesn't matter when you start, how you start, your past history, your background, your family, your politics, your race, religion, colour or anything else. No Saints fan should ever have to justify their support of the club to another - we have enough problems with that with ill-educated opposition fans & neutrals pigeonholing us to suit their own twisted ideologies and/or ignorance.

With that in mind the last thing we need is to be doing that of our own. End of.

Amen to that.

Indeed David, which is why I spent a bit of last night putting the word out around facebook on World Soccer Daily and pages of our former European opponents.

Should this go through then I'd hope we try and get coverage on every football site, community site and within every football publication in existence.