Tesco East Lane Car Park Protocol

shull

This Car Park has a one way system which i've used correctly in the last two evenings.

I drive past the Main Entrance, towards the parking spaces, then take a first right into the one way system, going the correct direction according to the road markings.

Why,on the last 2 times have i met vehicles coming towards me with drivers completely ignoring the system in operation. and they look at me as if i've committed a major sin.

Dae road rules not apply in Supermarket Car Parks ?

Edited by shull

Talking about the above protocol, i may have sinned.

Leaving St Mirren Park Car Park yesterday, i managed tae avoid the gridlock at the North gate exit and not for the first time this Season.

Again the Steward in charge of the South end had wandered away from his open gate to have his usual blether with Supporters.

I just took the opportunity to swiftly make my bye byes and was hame in no time.

Am i bad ? lol.gif

This Car Park has a one way system which i've used correctly in the last two evenings.

I drive past the Main Entrance, towards the parking spaces, then take a first right into the one way system, going the correct direction according to the road markings.

Why,on the last 2 times have i met vehicles coming towards me with drivers completely ignoring the system in operation. and they look at me as if i've committed a major sign.

A lot of shite and inconsiderate driving going on these days.

Some stupid b*tch nearly ran me over in there just before Christmas at the wee bit you're talking about when you turn right. I was walking back to my car, which was parked in one of those spaces, and another one a car space down was empty, though tight as the car next to it was on the line. This woman went to go into the space forward, then appeared to change her mind (it looked like she thought better of it and started to drive on). As she drove on I walked behind her car (she hadn't indicated), before she slammed on the brakes and immediately started to reverse (without checking her mirrors). So obviously she had actually changed her mind and decided to reverse in.

Clearly I was supposed to be a mind reader - as I say, it was very much a speed, turn in, change mind charge forward, slam on brake and reverse in, driven in quite an aggressive manner - no indication throughout. As she swooped toward me I had to jump back to avoid my impending death, and said out loud "Jesus Christ" - at which point she threw open her door and proceeded to shout abuse at me, asking if there was a problem. I calmly said back, without raising my voice, "well apart from you nearly knocking me over by driving so aggressively, without indicating and clearly without checking your mirrors, no, not really...". She continued to give me abuse at which point I just shook my head, made the short walk to my car and thought "Merry bloody Christmas!"

Great post Z.A., sums modern driving up perfectly.

Some of these nutters got tae relax a bit.

Anyway, why do some reverse into Supermarket car park spaces, then struggle like f**k tae get their trolleys near their boots to deposit their goods in them.

Ah dinnae get it.

Just deduced the manic inadequates in Supermarket Car Parks are the same fuds who dinnae use the Checkout conveyor belt messages divider while queuing in front of me.

BAISTURTS !

Edited by shull

Great post Z.A., sums modern driving up perfectly.

Some of these nutters got tae relax a bit.

Anyway, why do some reverse into Supermarket car park spaces, then struggle like f**k tae get their trolleys near their boots to deposit their goods in them.

Ah dinnae get it.

Because, shullster, reverse gear uses more petrol than first, and its more economical to use reverse when the engine's warm not cold.

All about the £££s

Because, shullster, reverse gear uses more petrol than first, and its more economical to use reverse when the engine's warm not cold.

All about the £££s

I hardly think that reversing for a few yards will make an appreciable difference to your petrol bill. Also, how long do you think it takes for a warm engine to cool down?

Why,on the last 2 times have i met vehicles coming towards me with drivers completely ignoring the system in operation. and they look at me as if i've committed a major sin.

No they don't

Some stupid b*tch nearly ran me over in there just before Christmas at the wee bit you're talking about when you turn right. I was walking back to my car, which was parked in one of those spaces, and another one a car space down was empty, though tight as the car next to it was on the line. This woman went to go into the space forward, then appeared to change her mind (it looked like she thought better of it and started to drive on). As she drove on I walked behind her car (she hadn't indicated), before she slammed on the brakes and immediately started to reverse (without checking her mirrors). So obviously she had actually changed her mind and decided to reverse in.

Clearly I was supposed to be a mind reader - as I say, it was very much a speed, turn in, change mind charge forward, slam on brake and reverse in, driven in quite an aggressive manner - no indication throughout. As she swooped toward me I had to jump back to avoid my impending death, and said out loud "Jesus Christ" - at which point she threw open her door and proceeded to shout abuse at me, asking if there was a problem. I calmly said back, without raising my voice, "well apart from you nearly knocking me over by driving so aggressively, without indicating and clearly without checking your mirrors, no, not really...". She continued to give me abuse at which point I just shook my head, made the short walk to my car and thought "Merry bloody Christmas!"

Aye Mrs Zurich can be hard going at times.

Guest TPAFKATS
Just deduced the manic inadequates in Supermarket Car Parks are the same fuds who dinnae use the Checkout conveyor belt messages divider while queuing in front of me.

BAISTURTS !

biggrin.png

Had one of them in front of me at lunchtime today. I just waited for her to notice and exclaim indignantly "hoy thats no mine" whistling.gif

biggrin.png

Had one of them in front of me at lunchtime today. I just waited for her to notice and exclaim indignantly "hoy thats no mine" whistling.gif

Would have been funnier if she hadn't noticed, and just bought and paid for all your stuff while you stood there gobsmacked, realising you were going to have to go back round the shop again! clap.gif

• 1 year later...

Was making my way correctly round the Tesco car park earlier, only to be met by a convoy of 3 vehicles coming the opposite and incorrect way.

Me being courteous and of good manners pulled to the side to let the trio of tadgers pass unhindered.