Modstuff

garzo

• 2 weeks later...

How does one become a mod (short for moderator) on this fine little forum of ours?

I propose that we hold a black and white army election for a new mod.

I vote Shull because he is always online and as such would not miss any of the cheeky nonsense that occasionally is missed by our hardworking but overstretched team of mods.

Anyway I am away for a sit on my lambretta moped (with loads of wing mirrors) and my green army jacket with a target painted on the back whilst listening to the album quadrophenia before I go cruising to the seaside looking for blondes who like knee tremblers in back alleys and some leather clad grease monkeys to fight with.

Can you see the real me, the real me, the real me?

• 4 weeks later...

Still wary of seeing a Jam tribute band (or any other tribute band where I've seen the original for that matter) but I'm tempted....

You will not be disappointed - promise - they are great.

Get a ticket, £10, 3 bands, licenced till 2. What's to lose?

All for charity.

Got along in time for the roll out which had been delayed but there was a great turn out with easily more than 60 scooters , some of which were very well turned out vintage models. .

There were some vintage people there as well and met some Buddies I hadn't seen for about 20yrs. Saw big Davie.jags there , met Garzo at the barzo as he was about to buy a jarzo and a few other familiar faces . Thought Mod Life Crisis were the best band with Underground Jam a close second never went on the Friday tho' which l heard was outstanding too. .

Got along in time for the roll out which had been delayed but there was a great turn out with easily more than 60 scooters , some of which were very well turned out vintage models. .

There were some vintage people there as well and met some Buddies I hadn't seen for about 20yrs. Saw big Davie.jags there , met Garzo at the barzo as he was about to buy a jarzo and a few other familiar faces . Thought Mod Life Crisis were the best band with Underground Jam a close second never went on the Friday tho' which l heard was outstanding too. .

Sorry SNL, are you the lad i've met before in Morrisons, your dad works with Jane, or are you the lad with the Vespa who's Mrs works with Jane?

It was a great day, as you say a cracking turnout, defo around the 60+ mark. strandout for me (and my dad) was a red and cream Lambretta LI200, really nicely refurbished.... all in, too many Vespa's for my liking... i've picked up my dad's scooter snobery. thumbup2.gif

was a wee bit disappointed with the stalls, just your bog standard vintage clothing, badges, bags and art work... was hoping there would have been second hand body and engine parts and maybe have Apollo Music with a stall... i suppose its what the space allows.

all in though it really was a great day and great atmosphere and it was great to see a wee glint in my dads eye as he we walked around and he'd tell me about all Lambretta's wee faults that you were forever fixing, could really see him going back to his youth.

Just a pity we couldn't make it down for either nights, but we're feeling the pinch just now.