So Farewell Then! - Papa Walton

thepaisleypanda

From the BBC link:

"Ralph was a good honest actor and a good honest man," said Michael Learned, who played his on-screen wife Olivia. "He was my spiritual husband. We loved each other for over 40 years. He died a working actor at the top of his game...."

At the risk of trivialising this sad news, has anyone ever heard of a woman called Michael?

Definitely a first for meblink.png

From the BBC link:

"Ralph was a good honest actor and a good honest man," said Michael Learned, who played his on-screen wife Olivia. "He was my spiritual husband. We loved each other for over 40 years. He died a working actor at the top of his game...."

At the risk of trivialising this sad news, has anyone ever heard of a woman called Michael?

Definitely a first for meblink.png

Well of course there's Princess Michael of Kent, but then that's not her name, it's her husband's...

I remember looking that up when I was younger because it puzzled me - something to do with her parents being sure they were having a boy and had the name chosen and told family and friends, then when she was born they just decided to keep the name!

I remember looking that up when I was younger because it puzzled me - something to do with her parents being sure they were having a boy and had the name chosen and told family and friends, then when she was born they just decided to keep the name!

FFS, really? I've seen the cruelty wummin take weans off people for less.

I suppose it could have been (marginally) worse. They could have intended to call their son Albert.