The Conservative And Unionist Party

Guest TPAFKATS

Stop being so sensitive. What was your team's result this weekend and where were they playing? The Scottish Championship seems to be very tight this year so I believe...

My team beat St Johnstone in Perth, how did yours get on? 1-0 down to Hamilton, I heard.

The Championship? What's one of those?

Too far, Rick. I'll take all sorts of abuse in my stride (even "Nazi" and even though we all know whose side the real Nazis are on) but never, ever, call me an OF supporter. Or even imply it.

I wasn't implying you felt any affinity for either of the old scum. I was implying that supporters of either of these clubs are perfectly entitled to do so no matter how misguided that might make them. I suppose I chose the Ibrox mob for fairly obvious reasons. I take posters on here at face value and accept that they are all genuinely St.Mirren fans although some seem to demonstrate as much hatred as love. But not you. Can we not all just get on with supporting St.Mirren and leave politics until next year. I'm afraid I find the suggestion that the ongoing outpourings of political cant are in no way connected to the referendum is simply laughable.

Guest TPAFKATS

I wasn't implying you felt any affinity for either of the old scum. I was implying that supporters of either of these clubs are perfectly entitled to do so no matter how misguided that might make them. I suppose I chose the Ibrox mob for fairly obvious reasons. I take posters on here at face value and accept that they are all genuinely St.Mirren fans although some seem to demonstrate as much hatred as love. But not you. Can we not all just get on with supporting St.Mirren and leave politics until next year. I'm afraid I find the suggestion that the ongoing outpourings of political cant are in no way connected to the referendum is simply laughable.

That's nice...

Mibees don't read the threads with obviously political titles in the general nonsense section if you're that sensitive.

I'm well aware of where, when and who St Mirren played - it doesn't change the fact that your team lost 1-0 to Hamilton today. bangin.gif

My team beat St Johnstone in Perth, how did yours get on? 1-0 down to Hamilton, I heard.

The Championship? What's one of those?

As I said lads...

St. Mirren played St. Johnstone yesterday in Perth. I know that is beyond your intelligence but it's true...

I know you're both a good bit older than me but I didn't think you were quite at the confused dribbling gravy down your chin stage yet.

That's nice...

Mibees don't read the threads with obviously political titles in the general nonsense section if you're that sensitive.

I'm not that sensitive but Crass Stupidity annoys me. Put capital letters there because I understand that's your middle names. I find the B&W Army site not nearly as nice a place to be around since the referendum nonsense started. I'd hope the inevitable decision at the end would have finished it but here we go again no doubt until May next year. The mods either don't notice or don't mind what's going on. I thought the idea was that being fans of a smaller provincial club we were getting together mainly to support our team but now you would think it's bloody nearly a site for party political broadcasts.

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm not that sensitive but Crass Stupidity annoys me. Put capital letters there because I understand that's your middle names. I find the B&W Army site not nearly as nice a place to be around since the referendum nonsense started. I'd hope the inevitable decision at the end would have finished it but here we go again no doubt until May next year. The mods either don't notice or don't mind what's going on. I thought the idea was that being fans of a smaller provincial club we were getting together mainly to support our team but now you would think it's bloody nearly a site for party political broadcasts.

Once again, it's called general nonsense. A section not about St.Mirren or indeed general football issues as these have their own sections of the forum.

People post on here about politics, public information adverts about driving, night buses and who they would like to do whatever to.

If you don't like the nonsense in the subject ignore it.

There's no need for all the anger and personal abuse, especially while calling on moderators to intervene,

Have you considered therapy, you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the referendum.

Crass Stupidity???

Once again, it's called general nonsense. A section not about St.Mirren or indeed general football issues as these have their own sections of the forum.

People post on here about politics, public information adverts about driving, night buses and who they would like to do whatever to.

If you don't like the nonsense in the subject ignore it.

There's no need for all the anger and personal abuse, especially while calling on moderators to intervene,

Have you considered therapy, you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the referendum.

Crass Stupidity???

Where to start? At least you seem to have agreed that there's a lot of nonsense in the referendum and Conservative posts. Well done that man for spotting it. Where do you get the anger bit from? I'm not angry but disappointed at the nasty turn the referendum thread took and it clearly pitted St.Mirren fans against one another and created a nasty atmosphere. I'm not alone in having that opinion. There are (or were?) some really good guys who opted out very early on when they saw the way the thread was heading and some have hardly contributed anything since. The new Conservative thread is another bore-fest of the same ilk with the same tenor and eight months to run. Oh goody.

I don't think we need this kind of post. Again I know I'm not alone in thinking that the divisiveness these kinds of threads can create is unnecessary but if Div and the other mods have no problem with it, so be it. Unlike some who post on here I can accept majority decisions even if I'm in the minority. I would ban religious and political discussion on our forum but it's not my shout.

Guest TPAFKATS

I hadn't realised that this forum was full of shiny happy people who'll got along with each other prior to me starting this thread or that other thread (don't want to use the R word) that someone else started.

I hadn't realised that this forum was full of shiny happy people who'll got along with each other prior to me starting this thread or that other thread (don't want to use the R word) that someone else started.

We're a million miles from being happy clappers or a band of brothers all singing off the one hymn sheet-- that would be boring as hell-- but politics and religion have always been impossibly divisive. There are thousands of topics out there that we can all argue the bit over without causing anything remotely like the same level of rancour.

You know, even though I disagreed with you about things, I though you were a decent poster. What's wrong with you tonight? Can't handle your beer?

I see Rick's posts have also melted down... is he gone?... banned? or what?

He was getting really.... erm ..... abusive upset

Is this the new "Wid Ye" thread now?

Fill yer boots wey that dried out auld prune Sid!

I see Rick's posts have also melted down... is he gone?... banned? or what?

He was getting really.... erm ..... abusive upset

Fill yer boots wey that dried out auld prune Sid!

Not gone away yet and not banned either. I doubt you haven't being paying attention. I think there are a fair few on here that must be way ahead of me in the potential for being banned from here. How did you get that big hole in your nose?

Not gone away yet and not banned either. I doubt you haven't being paying attention. I think there are a fair few on here that must be way ahead of me in the potential for being banned from here. How did you get that big hole in your nose?

Doh! forgot I gad you on Ignore Rick!

I got the hole in my nose from sniffing out shite.

So that'll be an increased way over £400 million in the deficit since 2010. That austerity is working well...

No. The deficit has reduced. I think you'll find that the DEBT has risen by around 400 billion. And it will continue to rise until the deficit is eradicated entirely. Until state spending is in line with its income then debt will continue to rise. Its not exactly difficult stuff to grasp, but so many people seem to confuse debt and deficit.

The deficit has FALLEN, the debt has RISEN.

Until the deficit is eradicated, the debt will continue to RISE.

How governments choose to eradicate it is entirely between them and the electorate. But it has to be done regardless.