Scott Fenwick

Isle Of Bute Saint

Not a Saints rumour , a work mate was telling me about his wee brother being offered trials at Chesterfield - Fleetwood - Dundee. He has so far only been at Chesterfield and been offered terms. Kev my work mate is dying to find out what he is going to do understandably. Tommy why did you not hear about him ! ! !

Sky Sports understands a host of Football League clubs are tracking non-league hot-shot Scott Fenwick.

The 23-year-old striker is regarded as one of the best prospects in non-league circles after impressing at Durham FC and Dunston UTS over the last 18 months.

Fenwick scored 47 goals in all competitions last season for Durham and he has maintained his rich vein of form in front of goal for Dunston UTS this term with 11 goals in eight games.

Between the ages of seven and 16 Fenwick played for the likes of Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough's academies before moving to Gretna where he played alongside Birmingham City's Lee Novak.

Scouts from Football League clubs have been flocking to watch Fenwick after being alerted to his goalscoring exploits and several sides are weighing up moves to give the striker an opportunity in the professional ranks

We already have one English non league 'Hot Shot'. That's more than enough tbh.

Did Ball score 47 goals last season or marwood ? Still that's not the point was just sharing the excitement of my work mate. Also Dundee want him up there on trial.

First sentence reads - This is not a St Mirren rumour so why read on if you are not interested that's is bizarre !

Did Ball score 47 goals last season or marwood ? Still that's not the point was just sharing the excitement of my work mate. Also Dundee want him up there on trial.

First sentence reads - This is not a St Mirren rumour so why read on if you are not interested that's is bizarre !

No, but neither were playing in 'Northern Division 1'. Whitley Bay are a decent side in that league, we beat them 10-0 a few months ago and Callum Ball scored 4.

Good thread though, will read again.

Edited by TopCat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...