Anne Lennox So Out Of Touch

Isle Of Bute Saint

Strange. I was sure UKIP and the BNP stood candidate s in Scotland too. Oh yes they do. UKIP even have one Scottish MEP representing us having taken more than 10% of the vote....http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu-regions/S15000001

Yeah the 'English' disease of single policy politics is spreading.... Strange these two parties share the same single policy ..... What does Annie make of that?

None so blind as those who cannot see huh?

Those people in George Square that you are referring to were Scots. Their behaviour deserved abuse I guess, but I never could quite understand why some of the Saltire carriers at the scene were calling them "English bastards". rolleyes.gif

Tell me as well IOBS, what happened when English writer JK Rowling donated money to the Better Together campaign? Do you not remember? Will I dig out some of the xenophobic tweets that were made on her account by pro nationalists presumably from Scotland? What about the cries of "quisling" aimed at Jim Murphy on the campaign trail? And there's so, so much more.

To claim there's no anti English sentiment in Scotland anymore just shows you up for the idiot you really are!

Don't often act like a pedant, but the correct phrase is "None so blind as those who will not see.", it's a matter of choice rather than ability.

Yeah the 'English' disease of single policy politics is spreading.... Strange these two parties share the same single policy ..... What does Annie make of that?

Well while we are on the subject of single issue parties - can you tell me what SNP's policy is on foreign aid and how they intend to train the Peshmerg?

Well while we are on the subject of single issue parties - can you tell me what SNP's policy is on foreign aid and how they intend to train the Peshmerg?

Well while we are on the subject of single issue parties - can you tell me what SNP's policy is on and how they intend to train the Peshmerg?

When you are trillions in debt and it grows by the day affecting the poor of the UK hence food banks and legal loan sharks then foreign aid should be cut accordingly and spent in helping the needy at home , in other words charity begins at home because of the mess Westminster ( all UK parties ) have made financially.

But you wont understand that Stuart being a blind working class right wing Tory.

Here a right wing Tory call for cuts to.............

Welfare minister Lord Freud has apologised for "foolish and offensive" remarks in which he suggested people with disabilities could be paid less than the minimum wage.

FFS

Aye, the bosses are doing them a favour by allowing them to work in their factories, and getting to use all that nice heat for notthing.

I was actually near George Square on the night in question. It was the night of the Partick Thistle v St Mirren match. I had attended the game with my youngest son, and we were making our way home from the match attempting to join the East Bound M8 motorway. Those using the same route will also remember that the on ramp at Charing Cross was closed and there was quite a bit of congestion heading through Cowcaddens. We diverted from the route to head through the town to join the M74 instead and at our closest point we were probably around 150 - 200m away from George Square. We saw some of the "incidents" in the surrounding streets at the Merchant City side of the town although we certainly didn't witness any of the violence.

Don't make assumptions IoBS - you just look foolish

So you HEARD these comments from 150 -200 mtrs away while driving in your car ?

I loved this wee bit from her interview .

‘Sweet Dreams’ singer admitted that she has often has to play dumb and hide her intelligence to avoid partners feeling “eclipsed”.[/size]

Thats nice of her.[/size]

I wonder just how far up her own arse she can get ?[/size]

To think she sat for 8 hours a day gutting fish in Aberdeen. She does sound a right pain now could see her and Bono getting on just hunky-dory

The scottish government through the uk government have a long established foreign aid policy that as we speak is funding the training of the Peshmerg... Problem is Ukip and the bnp want to stop any foreign aid from leaving these shores, thereby leaving us vulnerable, isolated and without small or large strategic allies in theatres of conflict both militarily and humanitarian.

Very Surprised an astute political observer like you would leave the goal gaping as wide as your asshole on a friday night at leith docks on that one!

Here a right wing Tory call for cuts to.............

Welfare minister Lord Freud has apologised for "foolish and offensive" remarks in which he suggested people with disabilities could be paid less than the minimum wage.

FFS

Have you heard the full tape in context? He's foolish in that he doesn't give a standard politician fob off to the question, and he instead tries to find a solution to the question posed of him and does his thinking out loud.

The issue in question is a situation that had developed and come to light in one Conservative Councillors ward where he had been approached by the parent of a severely disabled person who wanted as normal a life as possible for her offspring but found that getting them into the work place - where they want to be - was impossible because employers weren't willing to pay them minimum wage. Freud responds in the manner that's been publicised but as you can hear on the tape he talks about the possibility of having them work "IF THEY WISH" for say £2 per hour.

This wasn't about trying to squeeze more people off benefits as is being reported. This was about trying to find a solution to a problem where someone who society would write off as incapable for work wants to work but can't find an employer who will take them on because their disability is so severe they won't be able to justify even minimum wage levels.

If you want the full context go to BBC iPlayer and fire up yesterdays Daily Politics. Start at around 1hr 5 mins in where Andrew Neil is summarising the events of PM Questions. Listen to the same tape of Freuds comments and then listen to Nick Robinson put the whole thing into the correct context of the meeting. The calls by Ed Milliband for Freud to resign seem utterly disingenuous particularly since Freud works within the government without taking a wage - he's long been financially self sufficient through his own business interests - and since it was Tony Blair who first appointed him to the Welfare remit and since Gordon Brown kept him in the post during his time in office too. Freud wasn't being malicious and I've got little problem with what he is saying when put in the correct context

Seriously can't believe the attitude being taken to Annie Lennox comments by some on here. Utterly bizarre that anyone could argue with the notion that we should stop the pathetic anti English rhetoric, to the extent that one poster claims to have melted her records and another wants to speculate about her taking it up the arse. I guess those Yes Men will stop at nothing to protect their right to continue to spread anti English propaganda. :rolleyes:

Seriously can't believe the attitude being taken to Annie Lennox comments by some on here. Utterly bizarre that anyone could argue with the notion that we should stop the pathetic anti English rhetoric, to the extent that one poster claims to have melted her records and another wants to speculate about her taking it up the arse. I guess those Yes Men will stop at nothing to protect their right to continue to spread anti English propaganda. rolleyes.gif

What anti-English propaganda?

Let's see some posts on this forum where that's been the case.