Murray's Meltdown!

Murray has put himself under this pressure by failing to pick up points against teams we should have. Thus the longer he goes without picking up points, the further his and the boards stated aim of getting promoted in the first season slips away! Failure to pick up the required points against teams we wish to be above means games like Friday are "must win" if you are to have a chance of meeting your stated aim.

What happened after not winning the other games is as i have explained above. We get further away from where we should be, as the chances to improve our position slip past.

OK we get all of this but what I don't get is how many must win games has he had exactly?

OK we get all of this but what I don't get is how many must win games has he had exactly?

Thats a simple calculation based on games played v games remaining, factoring in points accumulated so far, and projecting that till season end.

We have three games left in the first quarter, Raith h, Hibs A, Alloa H,

On current form we look capable of beating Alloa, but likely losing to Hibs and Raith (as far as form is reliable).

Add that three points to our current total, times 3 for the remainder of the season gives us 32 points as a projection.

Thats two less than Dumbarton last season, well below play off territory, and locked in a relegation battle....

Given that projection, How many must win games do you think he has/will have..?

Thats a simple calculation based on games played v games remaining, factoring in points accumulated so far, and projecting that till season end.

We have three games left in the first quarter, Raith h, Hibs A, Alloa H,

On current form we look capable of beating Alloa, but likely losing to Hibs and Raith (as far as form is reliable).

Add that three points to our current total, times 3 for the remainder of the season gives us 32 points as a projection.

Thats two less than Dumbarton last season, well below play off territory, and locked in a relegation battle....

Given that projection, How many must win games do you think he has/will have..?

Football does not work like that otherwise Aberdeen will win the league with ful points, Livvi would have won the league game as they beat us in the cup etc etc.

All teams have purple patches at some time in the season while injuries, form and suspensions all play a part. You can generally work out likely league winners but no one has a crystal ball to see how we will perform against the other 9 teams in quarter 2 and, moreso, believe our form and results will be replicated.

Football does not work like that otherwise Aberdeen will win the league with ful points, Livvi would have won the league game as they beat us in the cup etc etc.

All teams have purple patches at some time in the season while injuries, form and suspensions all play a part. You can generally work out likely league winners but no one has a crystal ball to see how we will perform against the other 9 teams in quarter 2 and, moreso, believe our form and results will be replicated.

Thats why its called a projection Ned... doh!

Last season QoS needed 60.... Yes 60 points to secure the last play off spot.

That projection of 32 points looks a tall order for us at the moment.

Thats why its called a projection Ned... doh!

Last season QoS needed 60.... Yes 60 points to secure the last play off spot.

That projection of 32 points looks a tall order for us at the moment.

You are projecting based on 6 league games that we are destined to get 32 points. I know what a projection is and just find your anti Murray rants hilarious.

I find your pro Murray happy clapping even funnier!

At least the Lord is angry about the start to the season.

You appear to be enjoying it!

Where have I said I am happy and enjoying our poor start? I am not a happy clapper but St Mirren does not consume my every waking hour as it does you and your pal (personally, I wonder if you are in fact the same person?) Lord Pityme.

I have been there many times in 50 years so nothing new for me. The fact I am not crying for the manager's head mid September just implies I am prepared to give our new manager and players more time.

If you want to see a regular winning team then you are going to watch the wrong team mate. There is no quick fix here. We are not a big draw to come to and others offer better deals, tough, we are where we are and I would rather try and remain positive than spouting negative shit each day.

Where have I said I am happy and enjoying our poor start? I am not a happy clapper but St Mirren does not consume my every waking hour as it does you and your pal (personally, I wonder if you are in fact the same person?) Lord Pityme.

I have been there many times in 50 years so nothing new for me. The fact I am not crying for the manager's head mid September just implies I am prepared to give our new manager and players more time.

If you want to see a regular winning team then you are going to watch the wrong team mate. There is no quick fix here. We are not a big draw to come to and others offer better deals, tough, we are where we are and I would rather try and remain positive than spouting negative shit each day.

Maybe its our fault for a combined 100 years supporting St Mirren that Murray hasn't clicked Ned..?

I mean why limit his excuses to two years and previous budgets?

This really made me chuckle.

Why continue with the same repeated patter and trolling? ....doesn't stop quite a few on here....:whistle

Why continue with the same repeated patter and trolling? ....doesn't stop quite a few on here....:whistle

Deary me.

How many tired lines have you used there Ned!

You need to get a life, etc!

Its just not possible that there can be 2 folk not happy with the start to the season... so they must be the same person, etc!

And if you want to see a winning team every week then you must be an Old Firm supporter, etc!

And your last 2 sentences are just plain wrong.

We have the 3rd biggest wage budget. We've attracted a host of players this summer that our rivals would have loved to sign. In THIS division, we ARE a big draw! The 3rd biggest draw!

As I have said before, I am ONLY looking for a top 4 finish. With the 3rd biggest budget is this so unreasonable to ask?

And your line "I would rather try and remain positive" = you saying you are happy!

Deary me.

How many tired lines have you used there Ned!

You need to get a life, etc!

Its just not possible that there can be 2 folk not happy with the start to the season... so they must be the same person, etc!

And if you want to see a winning team every week then you must be an Old Firm supporter, etc!

And your last 2 sentences are just plain wrong.

We have the 3rd biggest wage budget. We've attracted a host of players this summer that our rivals would have loved to sign. In THIS division, we ARE a big draw! The 3rd biggest draw!

As I have said before, I am ONLY looking for a top 4 finish. With the 3rd biggest budget is this so unreasonable to ask?

And your line "I would rather try and remain positive" = you saying you are happy!

Remaining positive = being happy? You really are aa Troll. BTW, I note you never answered my question on who you would like to see replace a sacked Murray? You don't answer because you have nothing worthwhile to say. Remember I am entitled to have an opinion and you are free to disagree but that doesn't make mine any less important than yours.

Murray in todays Herald urging supporters "now is not the time to panic" .....

He doesn't go on to say when the right time to panic is, but perhaps if need be we can check back with him later tonight. Heres hoping we wont need to do that and a "Home Win"... (Remember what a league one of those looks like) will be recorded.

hmmm another home game with little atmosphere and the usual groans of ffs and get tae f**k and moans and groans

wouldn't be surprised if we drew here although something has got to give so i will say 2-1 saints

Thompson and howieson

performance don't matter to me at this stage

as long as we win i don't care how we do it esp at home

Anyone with a modicum of common sense, perspective, and a life, knows this.

The biggest meltdown I ever saw on here was from a buck-eejit called Somner9. Remember him? Ran away like a big girl's blouse when it got too hot in the kitchen. Unlike Somner9, I suspect we'll find Murray has a pair.

Steeeeeeeee-Rike Two-aaaaaaaa!

As Nicola S would say.... "He is living on borrowed time"

Steeeeeeeee-Rike Two-aaaaaaaa!

As Nicola S would say.... "He is living on borrowed time"

He ain't melted down yet but if it happens he won't run away like a pre-pubescent schoolboy as at least one guy on this forum has done. Guess who? Getting sacked is an occupational hazard for football managers but if it happens to Murray, he'll take it like a man. And if he does pull things round, you'll be seething despite your earlier claims that you'll be pleased.

He ain't melted down yet but if it happens he won't run away like a pre-pubescent schoolboy as at least one guy on this forum has done. Guess who? Getting sacked is an occupational hazard for football managers but if it happens to Murray, he'll take it like a man. And if he does pull things round, you'll be seething despite your earlier claims that you'll be pleased.

Reading this i am seeing thon "Mr Angry" Kenny Everrit used tae do. The wan wae the pin stripe suit, bowler hat, stockings and suspenders!

Reading this i am seeing thon "Mr Angry" Kenny Everrit used tae do. The wan wae the pin stripe suit, bowler hat, stockings and suspenders!

I've been angry a couple of times on here but you've never bothered me enough for that. Your relatively new reincarnation as Pityme gets in in one. Your lunatic ravings over 10,000 hours made some reading and you seened paranoid at times. Probably as well Richard Atkinson took it all in his stride. He felt pity for you back then I imagine even though you were raving at times. You are to be pitied.