Special Offer - My Arse!

Bud the Baker

Starting my 4 night shifts tomorrow and I was getting all my provisions in today. I normally buy 4 tins of soup which for the past while have been on special offer of 4 for £3. Today I went and the special offer was over and I had to buy them at 60p each costing actually saving me 60p, still as the slogan says - every little helps. excl.png

Special offer at Sainsbury Petrol Stations.

For the whole month of October, every time you get Fuel , swipe your Nectar Card and get...

10 x the normal amount of reward points.

Brilliant deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Do these cans have a smudged sell-by date on them...?

And is your life-insurance up-to-date?

Naw and aye!

I guess it's just the old supermarkets trying to compete with Aldi/Lidl which are cheaper but not as convenient - smaller range of items especially fruit & veg and slower in terms of checkouts available. If I wasn't working I'd do a combination but as it is rather spend the extra money and save on time than have to go to two shops.

Starting my 4 night shifts tomorrow and I was getting all my provisions in today. I normally buy 4 tins of soup which for the past while have been on special offer of 4 for £3. Today I went and the special offer was over and I had to buy them at 60p each costing actually saving me 60p, still as the slogan says - every little helps. excl.png

Make a big pot you can freeze easily make enough to last a couple of weeks should be very cheap.

Make a big pot you can freeze easily make enough to last a couple of weeks should be very cheap.

Yer prob'ly right but the convenience of taking a tin of soup into work, using the microwave provided, and taking a few slices of bread from a loaf pinched straight off the slicing machine trumps it for me - just call me Bud the lazy Baker.