Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It amounts to 100% of eff all. Stock markets have always gone up and down like a whore's drawers, even berore betting on markets and currencies became fashionable. It's all a big game. Life goes on and soon the current bollocks will fade. I just wish the inevitable demise of the EU would hurry up and come along.

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:

You've usually got an answer for him but on this occasion he called you out and took the wind out of your sails.

Nope. He is wrong. Again. If he wnts evidence that academia is deeply worried about EU student numbers he simply needs to google it. As I said I have limited patience for people like him and he exhausted it on this thread.

Nope. He is wrong. Again. If he wnts evidence that academia is deeply worried about EU student numbers he simply needs to google it. As I said I have limited patience for people like him and he exhausted it on this thread.

So it's not a fact based statement then? It's just a hysterical reactionary opinion from yet more people who want to over rule the democratic will of the majority because it's a different will from their own.

It's sad that you feel the need to post rhetoric like this Oaksoft. Are you incapable of independent thought?

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 5:24 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Very patriotic of you and good to know you judge everyone the same. I know very good tradesman selfemplyed who work their arse off for lower wages thanks to former eastern European countries. But you are OK jack that's all that matters.

The problem is not Eastern European employees working for lower wages it is Unscrupulous Employers paying derogatory wages

8 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Well my bottle of beer is now costing me 85p  instead of 77p in Portugal  thanks to the £ rate to the  €.  Since I still have a week to go on holiday i don't give a f at this moment  :lol:

Ach just call it practice for when the SNP finally get the chance to impose minimum alcohol prices without the dreaded EU over ruling them. :rolleyes:

But you said that we shouldn't worry, that the pound will bounce back. That would mean that Brent crude would be worth less. Does that mean that you want the country to earn less money? That would mean more borrowing and higher taxes. FFS, you're a lefty after all.

I told you earlier this week that if Scots stopped falling for Natsi Nics propaganda they might notice that the falling exchange rate was helping to reduce the budget deficit. It's taken you a few days but it looks like you've finally worked it out. Silly Nic is too worried about political opportunism and her career prospects to worry about what's good for the nation. Thankfully the 55% patriots saved Scotland from those who would have us subservient to a right wing Germany in the EU

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:48 PM, RickMcD said:

Grasping at straws.

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:48 PM, RickMcD said:
On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:32 AM, FTOF said:

If I'm on that list, I can always find solace in the fact that you'll be on the bottom rung, way below myself. :)

What is funny that you actually think you know more than a guy who has been n the financial sector for more than 40 years.

Grasping at straws.

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:22 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Grasping at straws really? The Tory party are split down the middle while almost half the shadow cabinet have left. Scotland can veto the exit vote.

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

You can "tell" me whatever you want, you're usually wrong. The exchange rate may well mean that we get more pounds for each dollar we borrow but it also means that anything we need to purchase from abroad costs more. You can't just look at one thing in isolation and claim that everything is good. That's one of the reasons you get laughed at on here so often.

I think he's proven beyond doubt that other than copying and pasting, his ability to deal with more than one thing at a time, is severely limited.

Although, even when he copies and pastes, he still manages to provide evidence that contradicts his crayon generated drivel.:lol:

Edited by FTOF

26 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

You can "tell" me whatever you want, you're usually wrong. The exchange rate may well mean that we get more pounds for each dollar we borrow but it also means that anything we need to purchase from abroad costs more. You can't just look at one thing in isolation and claim that everything is good. That's one of the reasons you get laughed at on here so often.

I didn't. I also showed that far from being in free fall UK shares are holding value. I've shown that yields on government bonds are down, making UK borrowing cheaper. And at the same time as highlighting the currency anomaly on oil prices, I also highlighted the fact that the uncertainty over Brexit was having a downward effect on the cost of oil. Of course if you are from the UK all of this is rather good news. Cheaper borrowing for the country means less interest to pay on our national debt and the effect of cheaper oil is negating the falling value of the £ against the $. 

I know you struggle with anything to do with economics. I know most nationalists do - you know like Alex Salmond who offered RBS all the support a nation could give to buy a bankrupt ABN Amro, and who, during the banking crisis and with Alastair Darling and Gordon Brown on day 3 of talks with the banks trying to ensure they were still able to pay out money through their ATM's, told the world that Bank of Scotland was a good solid bank that was being destroyed by speculators on the stock market. You could also highlight John Swinney who said just 2 years ago that if Scotland became Independent he would borrow £billions more to end austerity in Scotland and who then subsequently went on to run up a £15Bn deficit whilst continuing to seriously under fund council services. I could go on but the list of economic incompetence at the top of the Scottish Government is frighteningly large but then if it wasn't Scottish Independence would never be on the agenda. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

You didn't what?

FFS, you've shown nothing. You're forever claiming that you've "told" and "shown" all sorts of shit when, in reality, you've done nothing of the sort. Just because you say something, it doesn't mean it's correct. In fact, if you say it then it is, more often than not, wrong. When the government borrows from the international money men, is it borrowed in £ or $ or ¥ or € or what? For example - ignoring interest and the fact that it isn't all paid back at the same time -, if it is in $ (and using unrealistic exchange rates for easy calculation, though the point still stands for other rates), if you borrowed $20m at $2 to the £, you would get £10m. If you then have to pay it back at a rate of $1 to the £, you have to pay back £20m. That's probably the reason that the government has lowered the interest on bonds but I think that it will only apply to new sales of bonds and, at the same time, make them less attractive to purchase. It's all swings and roundabouts but you trying to claim that it's all good news is totally ridiculous.

As I've already said, numerous times, the pound and the stock market will "recover" in the medium to long term - but just watch for the downturn if/when official notice of quitting the EU is given.

Can you explain how the Scottish government managed to run up a £15bn deficit?

Oh FFS - this is hilarious. Seriously - you post this and you have the temerity to call anyone "#thichasfcuk" :rolleyes: 

Governments of decent standing issue bonds, gilts and bills to raise borrowing. A bond is denominated in the currency of the government issuing the bond. This is basic stuff and it's almost kind of cringe worthy watching you make such an arse of yourself yet again. FFS a wee search on Wikipedia could have given you the information you needed but instead you, once again, post showing a complete lack of knowledge. 

As for the Scottish Governments deficit, I don't know how a Finance Secretary of such a small nation manages to f**k up their annual budgets so badly that they've overspent to the tune of around £2500 per person, taxpayer or not, and for things to still be as shit as they are in Scotland. That's a question you'll have to pose to the Scottish Government themselves. However it is the figure quoted in the Scottish Governments own GERS report. How anyone could ever trust them to govern Scotland without the financial support of the rest of the UK is absolutely beyond me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-35757787

Oh aye, and before you say anything else stupid maybe you should also have a read at this from the FT, which shows that if the UK Government cuts interests rates it's likely to boost sales of UK Government Gilts. 

https://next.ft.com/content/c4fea9d2-39e9-11e6-9a05-82a9b15a8ee7

Edited by Stuart Dickson

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Let's deal with GERS first quickly. It does not show a deficit, it shows a potential deficit. There is no major deficit run up by the Scottish government, it spends the money it is given. If the UK Government has borrowed the money it gives to Scotland then that is a totally different issue. The Scottish government borrowed for the new Forth crossing but, as far as I am aware, that is the only major borrowing that has occurred and it is budgeted for in later years. It's like you saying that you are running at a deficit one year because you take out a mortgage that year.

You really should stop using Wiki all the time, it lures you into a false sense of "knowledge". I'll let you go away and think about it a wee bit to see if you realise your mistake. If you still don't get it, you only have to ask.

Really? You're going down this road? You think the deficit is down to the Forth Road Crossing? I've got news for you. It's not. :rolleyes: 

I noticed during the Scottish Referendum that you and Cockles did this displacement thing rather a lot. In this case it's quite clear you are thick as f**k but you've tried to pin that on someone else. It's a tired tactic. Now I'll let you go away and have a wee think about how foolish the questions you keep asking show you up as being. Seriously "when the government borrows from international money men is it borrowed in £ or $ or ¥ or € or what?" :lol::lol:

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

FFS, there is no deficit. I never said a (nonexistent) deficit was down to the Forth crossing, you just don't understand basic English yet.

I take it by that post that you have figured out where you went wrong and are trying to change the subject, as usual.

"There's no deficit" FFS!!!! Next you'll be denying the holocaust. Tell me what do you call it when you spend £15Bn more than you get in through tax revenues? I call it a deficit, the BBC calls it a deficit, the Guardian calls it a deficit, politicians like Willie Rennie and Ruth Davison call it a deficit, even John Swinney called it a deficit - but you call it something different do you? As for this being a deficit in the planning - really? I know Paisley is a bit behind the rest of civilisation but 2014-15 is definitely in the past. "Nonexistent" - what a fanny. :rolleyes:

You haven't got a clue, and as for changing the subject what happened to your admission you got your diatribe wrong when you were talking about UK government borrowing? Can I recommend a bit of night time reading for you before you post again?  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzoPhkf5H3FlvMhVyRXLV

Edited by Stuart Dickson