Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Any more Natsis wanting a shot? The IFS is quite clear - you know.... Expert kind of people

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/24/ifs-scotland-debts-three-times-greater-uk

Let's try in simple terms. If I give you pocket money and you spend it all and then you spend some more you are in deficit. That's quite obvious cause you'll need to come back to me to ask for more. You aren't in surplus cause you've got no money left.

Nationalists are pretty stupid aren't they :rolleyes:

Why are you in the habit of posting links that prove you wrong?

You either have some devious plan that relies on everyone thinking that you're thick as shit or you really are thick as shit.

I don't think you have a plan.

Ok go on show me where it proves me wrong.

The definition of deficit is an excess of expenditure or liabilities over income or assets in a given period.
"an annual operating deficit". The Scottish Government is running at a deficit of £15Bn. That's fact, as stated by the IFS, Robert Peston, John Swinney, the Bank of England, and countless others and this is just a poor attempt at word play to detract from your ridiculous lack of knowledge when it comes to Government Gilts and Bonds and you making such a c**t of yourself when trying to claim the UK Government had lowered the yield on bonds because it didn't want people to buy UK government debt at the cheapest price possible.

I would think you were simply trolling but actually I believe you are this stupid after all its not that long ago you were asking if the UK Government funded it's debt from the sale of Premium Bonds. :rolleyes:

When the government borrows from the international money men, is it borrowed in £ or $ or ¥ or € or what? For example - ignoring interest and the fact that it isn't all paid back at the same time -, if it is in $ (and using unrealistic exchange rates for easy calculation, though the point still stands for other rates), if you borrowed $20m at $2 to the £, you would get £10m. If you then have to pay it back at a rate of $1 to the £, you have to pay back £20m. That's probably the reason that the government has lowered the interest on bonds but I think that it will only apply to new sales of bonds and, at the same time, make them less attractive to purchase. It's all swings and roundabouts but you trying to claim that it's all good news is totally ridiculous.

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Thick as f**k

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

There we have it. The typical reply from someone who knows they have been caught talking shite.

Is that what it is? I was just copying you, Tony, Salmonbuddie, Cockles etc and your post everytime Nosferatu appears. We'll I'm sure we'll all be glad of the clarification as to what that is now. :rolleyes:

Seriously though.....UK government issued gilts and bonds, in $ or ¥ or €..... [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]. Idiot

Guest TPAFKATS
Why are you showing pictures of your bookshelf?

The rest of your post is just nonsense and has no bearing to what I actually said or to the real world. Talking of the real world, if you want to join it just let me know, I'm sure I could get you an invitation from somewhere.

Is it Dickson's bookshelf or wee Ruthie's?
1468167898177.thumb.jpg.0a26cd1563dddf7b

Guest TPAFKATS

Absolutely fcuking disgusting... An Oakland Raiders baseball cap FFS. The Morton of the AFC West.

Impressive makeshift drinks cabinet though

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Really? Can you show me which post of mine you copied that from? Didn't think so.

By any chance was this the Wiki result you wanted me to search for?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_bond

I especially like the bit where it mentions "bonds issued in a currency other than the sovereign's currency".

No? Didn't think so.

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/rates-bonds/government-bonds/uk

You are thick. I pity you. You can keep digging if you want but these are in GBP. 

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Wherever they get it from, thank f**k it's not from you.

Besides that, you were trying to insinuate that I got my info from that book and now you are saying that that book is better than where I get my info from. You're getting yourself a wee bit confused.

No dafty. I was suggesting you should BUY that f**king book. I can't help you if you can't read. :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

"There's no deficit" FFS!!!! Next you'll be denying the holocaust. Tell me what do you call it when you spend £15Bn more than you get in through tax revenues? I call it a deficit, the BBC calls it a deficit, the Guardian calls it a deficit, politicians like Willie Rennie and Ruth Davison call it a deficit, even John Swinney called it a deficit - but you call it something different do you? As for this being a deficit in the planning - really? I know Paisley is a bit behind the rest of civilisation but 2014-15 is definitely in the past. "Nonexistent" - what a fanny. :rolleyes:

You haven't got a clue, and as for changing the subject what happened to your admission you got your diatribe wrong when you were talking about UK government borrowing? Can I recommend a bit of night time reading for you before you post again?  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzoPhkf5H3FlvMhVyRXLV

Hello - Silly Slarti

29 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I must have thought you were talking shite there as well.

Now, why no reply to my post above the one you replied to? Realised you've made a c**t of yourself again?

I could probably just use that last question in reply to all of your posts. Think I might try that and see how it works out.

What are you talking about? If you look back on this thread I was talking about UK Government Gilts where the yield was lower now that we'd voted to leave the EU. This had the benefit of reducing the level of interest we were paying on our national debt. You made a c**t of yourself talking about how the lower yield on Sterling gilts would be offset by the fall in the value of the £ - a stupid point since UK Government Gilts are issued in Sterling. You made an even bigger c**t of yourself when you tried to make out that the government would be looking to sell less of these gilts, despite the fact that the world money markets are buying UK gilts because Sterling is still been seen as a safe haven for your money in the prospect of global recession. And an even bigger c**t of yourself again when you made it sound like when the UK needed to borrow money we had to go fill out application forms at the World Bank in the hope that our loan application might be approved and the money credited to our account. 

Since then you've been making a c**t of yourself trying desperately to dig yourself out of the hole you created for yourself by denying the state of the Scottish economy and bringing up the subject of Sovereign Bonds - who nobody had mentioned previously. And all of this cringe worthy nonsense comes after you had made a c**t of yourself by asking if the UK Government covered the national debt by selling Premium Bonds. 

I'm going to do you a favour now and put you back on ignore. It's been fun laughing at you but I'm getting bored of it now. :rolleyes:

See all they bits in bold, show me where I said any of them. I'll give you a clue and save you some time, I never said any of them, you're just a f**king idiot.

A Sovereign gilt is just a gilt in a different currency, you know, the thing you laughed at and said never existed and that all UK bonds/gilts/etc were in Sterling. Now you're just trying to claim that you were talking about "different" gilts.

As for putting me on ignore, you make a habit of doing that to other posters when you've made a c**t of yourself.

Of course, you won't reply to this, not because you have me on ignore but because you know you've f**ked it up again. If you do reply it will just show that you've lied again, this time about putting me on ignore.

What will you do - reply and try and have the last word as usual even though you won't provide any proof of your accusations as requested (and at the same time proving that you don't have me on ignore and have lied again) or not reply and have everyone know that you've crawled under your rock again? The suspense is killing me - not.

He will reply :lol:

55 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

He will reply :lol:

No I won't. I'm bored of playing with him. He struggles to read, he hasn't got a clue about the economy, about money markets, or even about currency. His performance is so poor, so cringe worthy I notice that even his ever subservient pet, Cowardly Cockles, hasn't been backing him up and his posse appear to have deserted him.

Imagine being owned by a fat pipefitter :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

14 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

91 pages of StuD telling us what a great thing Brexit has been after voting Remain. Behaviour like this is the dictionary definition of trolling.

I said all along I didn't really care what way the vote went. I'm not telling everyone what a great thing Brexit was, just balancing out the over the top hysteria being displayed by the likes of Tony Soprano who's once again posted a ridiculous scare story. If we were to believe some of the shite coming from the left wing of politics the sky caved in a few weeks ago, Armageddon arrived, and we're in a state of financial meltdown on the scale of Brazil or 1990's Argentina. The reality of course is that the sky is still very much up there and day to day living has gone on with most people seeing absolutely no difference whatsoever to their lives. 

The pound fell, it will recover. Shares fell, they have recovered. The press has claimed our economy is f**ked, yet the reality is that international investors are piling money into UK Government Gilts despite the lower yield because Sterling is seen as a safe port in a recession storm, and the benefit to us all is that we're now paying less for our national debt than we were prior to the vote. 

Cambie might be getting less that parity in Spain from rip off currency exchange merchants, but lower global oil prices are offsetting any short term weakness in Sterling which will keep inflation at bay, and the cheaper pound should help our exports and George Osbourne has committed to a Corporation Tax cut that will make the UK the cheapest major economy to own a business in which will boost jobs and raise more revenue. 

Had we stayed in the EU we'd have been alright, just as we are now. One thing is for sure though - no matter how much hysteria the SNP try to whip up anyone thinking the answer is an Independent Scotland with it's huge budget deficit severely needs their head looked at. 

Bought a Bistro at Auction last Thursday. My solicitor told me since the vote the property market has become very busy with a lot of panic selling quite interesting.

I'm delighted to say the Bistrow is in Rothesay town centre could not have wished for the shop to be in a better position. The plan for the ferry is now dropped.

Good news. Idiots panic selling means cheap property for us all to invest in buy to lets

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Black & White Army mobile app

19 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

91 pages of StuD telling us what a great thing Brexit has been after voting Remain. Behaviour like this is the dictionary definition of trolling.

I think we can ignore the rantings of a cnut like u who takes please in taking cash from disabled folk to spend as they please