Man Utd tickets

Stu

Long shot and will probably leave me open to even more abuse than normal but sod it.

I have to go to a meeting in Manchester at the end of September. By happy coincidence Man Utd are at home to Leicester the following day and I'm planning to go before getting the train back home. Because they squeeze every penny they can out of fans, you have to pay about £30 just for the privilege of being able to buy tickets through their website. As I can claim my journey on expenses I'm not too concerned about doing this - I'd rather pay a bit more to know I have tickets rather than risk leaving it to a Twitter exchange account a week before the game.

My issue is I don't want to pay £30 only to find out the Leicester game is all sold out. Are there any other Man Utd glory hunters (or anyone who knows a Man Utd glory hunter) on here who are signed up to the site who can check if the tickets are gone or if/when they'll be available?

I have a few mates who are ST holders and they say It's £30 for the access to tickets mate. 

You register interest for that game and if your lucky you get allocated a ticket. 

Edit to add. Instead of paying £30 + ticket you could get a ticket on Ticketbis for £140. 

Obviously more than face value but you could join and pay £30 for sweet FA. 

Edited by davidg

1 hour ago, davidg said:

I have a few mates who are ST holders and they say It's £30 for the access to tickets mate. 

You register interest for that game and if your lucky you get allocated a ticket. 

Edit to add. Instead of paying £30 + ticket you could get a ticket on Ticketbis for £140. 

Obviously more than face value but you could join and pay £30 for sweet FA. 

Yeah, the fee is just so you can access the bit of the website to buy tickets. Sadly there's enough suckers to buy it! The official site shows more tickets will be released to members shortly so it's just deciding whether or not to gamble. My other option was to go with a package from someone like Thomas Cook but it was even more than the £140, although at least includes the hotel.

58 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

Does this £30 fee apply every time you try to access a ticket, or is it a one off fee for the season?..

It's a one off "membership" fee and you get a few bits of tat as well as the honour of buying tickets.

Long shot and will probably leave me open to even more abuse than normal but sod it.

I have to go to a meeting in Manchester at the end of September. By happy coincidence Man Utd are at home to Leicester the following day and I'm planning to go before getting the train back home. Because they squeeze every penny they can out of fans, you have to pay about £30 just for the privilege of being able to buy tickets through their website. As I can claim my journey on expenses I'm not too concerned about doing this - I'd rather pay a bit more to know I have tickets rather than risk leaving it to a Twitter exchange account a week before the game.

My issue is I don't want to pay £30 only to find out the Leicester game is all sold out. Are there any other Man Utd glory hunters (or anyone who knows a Man Utd glory hunter) on here who are signed up to the site who can check if the tickets are gone or if/when they'll be available?

Stu if you've got to be there anyway go to the club shop early on match day. They often have tickets on sale. There's more chance of getting them if it's a midweek fixture.

Why don't you PM Leicester Saint, he might be able to get you a ticket for the away end.