Raining in Texas - Disaster

faraway saint

Shull u really are a insensitive TAF prick

Considering this is a forum for Buddies the world over, not to mention my sister lives in Houston and it has been and is scary.... maybe  quite a few other Buddies are impacted here

Yes FAS, does show the slight issue of building a city on flood plains. maybe Trumps wall could be waterproof , but this is a huge problem

The volume of rain is quite astounding.

Not a lot they can do about the cities that are already in flood plains, TBH there's not a lot that can be done to stop this amount of rain causing the current chaos.

I'm sure, like the floods in nearby Louisiana fairly recently, there will be a lot of people who don't have insurance and will need real help when the water subsides.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

The volume of rain is quite astounding.

Not a lot they can do about the cities that are already in flood plains, TBH there's not a lot that can be done to stop this amount of rain causing the current chaos.

I'm sure, like the floods in nearby Louisiana fairly recently, there will be a lot of people who don't have insurance and will need real help when the water subsides.

Mate the water is only part of the problem, it what its doing to Houston which basically sits in a basin

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Shull u really are a insensitive TAF prick

Considering this is a forum for Buddies the world over, not to mention my sister lives in Houston and it has been and is scary.... maybe  quite a few other Buddies are impacted here

Yes FAS, does show the slight issue of building a city on flood plains. maybe Trumps wall could be waterproof , but this is a huge problem

The Title is RAINING. 

We have a Weather Thread. 

Take your personal abuse and fecking shove it. 

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That's what I said.............."Not a lot they can do about the cities that are already in flood plains". :blink:

Yes sorry I was going onto to say about the other issues that are already happening, sewage, foundations, and livestock , not being reported but happening.........

Or in Shull " Fking hold on ya prick I fcking know right, go fck yerself " :double

Not downplaying the flooding and storm damage in Texas but it seems to be dwarfed by the monsoon floods in India and Bangladesh, where 1200 deaths have been reported. Interesting how little prominence this has received.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/india-floods-bangladesh-nepal-deaths-millions-homeless-latest-news-updates-a7919006.html

Edited by smcc
Typo

1 minute ago, smcc said:

Not downplaying the flooding and storm damage in Texas but it seems to be dwarfed by the monsoon floods in India and Bangladesh, where 1200 deaths have been reported. Interesting how little prominence this has received.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/india-floods-bangladesh-nepal-deaths-millions-homeless-latest-news-updates-a7919006.html

Aye, seen a brief mention today, nothing compared to the coverage Texas has received.

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:10 PM, Slartibartfast said:

And for exactly the same reasons. It would be different if it was a popular holiday destination for Brits, otherwise ...

Flooding in India top news story on BBC this morning...................................must have been an increase in package holidays.

Just now, Slartibartfast said:

On a more serious note, there was stuff on some chat show on the radio yesterday about it not getting covered as much, maybe it's a result of complaints.

There was an item on News Watch, with a producer indicating the floods in the "far away" places had been getting coverage for quite some time and also it's difficult to get access to these areas.

I'm not totally convinced.

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

There was an item on News Watch, with a producer indicating the floods in the "far away" places had been getting coverage for quite some time and also it's difficult to get access to these areas.

I'm not totally convinced.

4 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Newswatch on Breakfast this morning had a few complaints about this.

Well I never. :rolleyes: