Sin Bin Football Thread

faraway saint

8 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Could easily be 2-0

You get the feeling 1-0 won’t be enough

Just had a glance at the league tay, long long way behind the rest, so a win today would be welcome

Hoping for a win, expecting a draw with Hibs getting a penalty

Both teams are poor IMO, we're slightly less poor.

Could go anyway, although they really look toothless. 

On 1/21/2019 at 10:51 AM, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Next 7 league games are:

Celtic (A) 0 points Check

Hibs (H) 0 points Check 

Rangers (A) 0 points

Motherwell (H) 1 point

Aberdeen (A) 0 points

Hearts (A) 0 points)

Livingstone (H) 3 points

The Motherwell & Livingstone games might flip, still resulting in 4 points. 

I was going to change the prediction for todays game after the Lennon situation, then I remembered  how ineffective we are in defence and midfield. 

The Danish league must be rank, just saying. 

From the BBC match report...................how many time has it been said our manager has shown the tactical nous to get us some points? 

We've now amassed 9 points from 19 games under our manager. 

Today's focus seems to be on our captain yet the manager has almost escaped any scrutiny, apart from TC & LPM.

Just because it comes from them 2 it's dismissed. 

Former Falkirk boss May was adamant he did not want to replace Lennon, telling BBC Scotland pre-match he "would never, ever do it again on a full-time basis".

But he and Murray showed the tactical nous to overcome a spirited St Mirren side that had enjoyed the best of the first half.

Just now, faraway saint said:

From the BBC match report...................how many time has it been said our manager has shown the tactical nous to get us some points? 

We've now amassed 9 points from 19 games under our manager. 

Today's focus seems to be on our captain yet the manager has almost escaped any scrutiny, apart from TC & LPM.

Just because it comes from them 2 it's dismissed. 

Former Falkirk boss May was adamant he did not want to replace Lennon, telling BBC Scotland pre-match he "would never, ever do it again on a full-time basis".

But he and Murray showed the tactical nous to overcome a spirited St Mirren side that had enjoyed the best of the first half.

I said before the games we had no options on the bench to change things

An unfit Anton,Flynn and youngsters back from holiday

Fair play to May but i wonder if it would have changed if Horan hadn't picked up an injury

6 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I said before the games we had no options on the bench to change things

An unfit Anton,Flynn and youngsters back from holiday

Fair play to May but i wonder if it would have changed if Horan hadn't picked up an injury

Indeed, our bench is pitiful. 

Reading the match day thread is really amusing, the usual defenders of OK skirting around the issue, we, seemingly, have better players (subjective) but are picking up no points. (Objective) 

I have had no desire to see OK fail but I have doubted his ability to show he is any better than the previous manager.

Nothing has changed. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, our bench is pitiful. 

Reading the match day thread is really amusing, the usual defenders of OK skirting around the issue, we, seemingly, have better players (subjective) but are picking up no points. (Objective) 

I have had no desire to see OK fail but I have doubted his ability to show he is any better than the previous manager.

Nothing has changed. 

He had a free pass today but that will change once these players come in

As usual taking too long to come in and wasting games doing so

That was 3 points dropped today and the performance wasn't that bad

Stubbs destroyed our season and wether Kearney deserves to be kept on the next 3 months will determine that

I'm not one to keep him on if we finished bottom especially with a dreadful Hamilton in the league

Would like to see young Ethan given a chance in midfield when the new leftback comes in I don’t think mcginn or Tansey are strong enough defensively and I’ve been impressed by his defensive work rate though it’s worrying to think that the only protection the defence would have is a 17 year old  

14 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

He had a free pass today but that will change once these players come in

As usual taking too long to come in and wasting games doing so

That was 3 points dropped today and the performance wasn't that bad

Stubbs destroyed our season and wether Kearney deserves to be kept on the next 3 months will determine that

I'm not one to keep him on if we finished bottom especially with a dreadful Hamilton in the league

Sorry, not buying into that.

He didn't even destroy our league cup campaign or 4 league games. 

Our current manager has had 19 games, picked up 9 points and hasn't proved he's the answer for this season never mind next season.

We, IMO, took a gamble on him and, at the minute, its not paying off. 

We could still survive, either via the play off or stay above both honking Hamilton & Dundee.

Unfortunately we don't play either of them till late March (Dundee) and early April (Hamilton)

I've already said it could well come down to any of the bottom 3 pulling a surprise victory or two against any of the other 9.