Sin Bin Football Thread

faraway saint

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Biggest game of to night is, obviously, Killie v Rangers. (3rd v 2nd in the league) :thumbsup

Well worthy of a fecking thread. :1eye

So Five Stadiums will be empty as fans of other Clubs will head for Rugby Park or watch it on the Telly. 

52 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I tried, I failed to answer the qualifying question............................you, on the other hand being an expert on anything OF.  :byebye

Indeed, there is no OF. 

Blue version are deceased. :byebye

On 1/21/2019 at 10:51 AM, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Next 7 league games are:

Celtic (A) 0 points

Hibs (H) 0 points

Rangers (A) 0 points

Motherwell (H) 1 point

Aberdeen (A) 0 points

Hearts (A) 0 points)

Livingstone (H) 3 points

The Motherwell & Livingstone games might flip, still resulting in 4 points. 

No exactly Nostradamus but one down, along with a shit Dundee :lol: winning confirms the current bottom three will be the final bottom three. 

Any clowns still shouting Motherwell are in the mix? :1eye

Chump of the day award to saintargyll, doesn't understand a 4-0 result is damaging to goal difference and that Dundee getting a win boosts their confidence.

Oh, and now we're bottom can't be good for our confidence. 

Proof that too much interaction with sheep is bad for you. :lol: 

Quote.........."

"no damage done what so ever..

reality.....beginning of the night ...2 points behind 10th place

end of the night ...2 points behind 10th place"

Munoz................"Dundee struggled to get a draw against QOS at home in the Cup".................................Not quite sure they struggled but they did draw.

QOS are 4th top of the Championship while we "struggled" against Alloa who are 3rd bottom. 

Overall it's hard to say if Dundee are any better after the break but as most know a bit of momentum/confidence is key in relegation battles.

All of a sudden they are off the bottom and we're sitting in that position.

If things go really badly on Saturday all of a sudden they could have a 5 point gap, leaving us, hopefully, with Hamilton in our sights. 

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Munoz................"Dundee struggled to get a draw against QOS at home in the Cup".................................Not quite sure they struggled but they did draw.

QOS are 4th top of the Championship while we "struggled" against Alloa who are 3rd bottom. 

Overall it's hard to say if Dundee are any better after the break but as most know a bit of momentum/confidence is key in relegation battles.

All of a sudden they are off the bottom and we're sitting in that position.

If things go really badly on Saturday all of a sudden they could have a 5 point gap, leaving us, hopefully, with Hamilton in our sights. 

In regards to Dundee, it comes across that some of their signings are bland and have been relegated before, McIntyre just getting the “old boys act” together.

In reality McIntyre knows these players already. He knows what to expect from them, what their capabilities are. He’s seen what Dundee are lacking and obviously thinks these guys can help fix it. The players know what he’s about as a manager too. While Kearney and our new guys need a bit of time to learn about each other Dundee are past that stage with some of their signings. It looks unimpressive but I think McIntyre knows exactly what he’s doing here, and I worry that his experience will better our learner.

17 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

In regards to Dundee, it comes across that some of their signings are bland and have been relegated before, McIntyre just getting the “old boys act” together.

In reality McIntyre knows these players already. He knows what to expect from them, what their capabilities are. He’s seen what Dundee are lacking and obviously thinks these guys can help fix it. The players know what he’s about as a manager too. While Kearney and our new guys need a bit of time to learn about each other Dundee are past that stage with some of their signings. It looks unimpressive but I think McIntyre knows exactly what he’s doing here, and I worry that his experience will better our learner.

All of that "old boys" approach could well pay off, time will tell.

The Dundee forum were, overall, of the opinion his signings would hit the ground running and were prepared to battle. 

It's probably going to be fine margins between the bottom 3 diddy teams, the odd surprise result could be the difference between relegation, play off or safety.

It's too early to say who will be in the bottom 2 places, there's really nothing between the 3 teams but, as I've said, momentum is critical, even in a 2 or 3 game spell and Dundee could be on that run right now.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

All of that "old boys" approach could well pay off, time will tell.

The Dundee forum were, overall, of the opinion his signings would hit the ground running and were prepared to battle. 

It's probably going to be fine margins between the bottom 3 diddy teams, the odd surprise result could be the difference between relegation, play off or safety.

It's too early to say who will be in the bottom 2 places, there's really nothing between the 3 teams but, as I've said, momentum is critical, even in a 2 or 3 game spell and Dundee could be on that run right now.

The worry is I don’t see any of the top 9 being dragged into this battle, so if one team down here gets a run going the other two are right in the shit (much like County did to us when we last went down). I do think we can improve but whether we can out do Dundee is another thing. Accies are shite but always have a habit of getting the odd random result to keep bringing in some points. It will be a good watch for a neutral and bloody worrying for us.

Just now, Cornwall_Saint said:

The worry is I don’t see any of the top 9 being dragged into this battle, so if one team down here gets a run going the other two are right in the shit (much like County did to us when we last went down). I do think we can improve but whether we can out do Dundee is another thing. Accies are shite but always have a habit of getting the odd random result to keep bringing in some points. It will be a good watch for a neutral and bloody worrying for us.

Little, or no, chance.

I've been of the view for sometime that anyone who believed Motherwell were in the mix were dreaming. 

Right now they are 12 points above us, can anyone, who is sane, really see us winning 4 games more than them? 

Also Dundee have just signed another player, I await the attempts to ridicule him from our support while we appear to be heading in the wrong direction..................

Dundee have signed right-back James Horsfield on loan from Scunthorpe United until the end of the season.

The 23-year-old joined the League One club from Dutch side NAC Breda in the summer, having previously been with Manchester City.

Horsfield, who can play in midfield, has made 15 appearances for Scunthorpe this season, but is yet to score.

He becomes Dundee's second signing this week after the recruitment of Swedish midfielder Andreas Hadenius.

Just now, faraway saint said:

Little, or no, chance.

I've been of the view for sometime that anyone who believed Motherwell were in the mix were dreaming. 

Right now they are 12 points above us, can anyone, who is sane, really see us winning 4 games more than them? 

Also Dundee have just signed another player, I await the attempts to ridicule him from our support while we appear to be heading in the wrong direction..................

Dundee have signed right-back James Horsfield on loan from Scunthorpe United until the end of the season.

The 23-year-old joined the League One club from Dutch side NAC Breda in the summer, having previously been with Manchester City.

Horsfield, who can play in midfield, has made 15 appearances for Scunthorpe this season, but is yet to score.

He becomes Dundee's second signing this week after the recruitment of Swedish midfielder Andreas Hadenius.

My other concern regarding Dundee was that they would be over-spending to try and save themselves. It’s no wonder they wouldn’t mind selling Kamara to Sevco now to gain some cash back.

I was the same as you, I’ve never considered Motherwell to be a part of this. They are underperforming but they are still much better than the bottom 3. A solid run by one of the bottom three could drop Motherwell, but 2 or 3 of us overtaking them is dreamland IMO.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:46 PM, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Next prediction, if we lose the next umpteen league games it'll be.............

Stubbs fault - Check

Not had enough time to gel - Check

Unlucky

Gus - Check

Anybody but our manager - Check

Stubbs - Check 

Referee - Check

Other teams losing/winning - Check

Never realised so many excuses after 2 games. :lol: