Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

Guest TPAFKATS
So these individuals, what do they do with their money?
How do they live? 

Let's face it I'm sure you already know the answer and are just doing this for some elaborate spoof anyway.

Ill try and keep this in really simple one sentence points.

"Trickle down" is an economic theory.
It was very popular during the Reagan era (reaganomics).
One of the main economists behind it (Laffer - spelling?) was honored by trump after he became president.
There are many, many other economists who discredit Laffer's theories.
Lots of very rich people support the trickle down approach.
By cutting tax for the rich the theory is that they will spend and invest more. In practice we see that they actually just hoarde this new wealth.
Since the 80s the distribution of wealth has shrunk.
The gap between very rich and poor has grown.
90% of wealth is owned by 10% of people.

Trickle down works in theory but not in practice.

12 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Let's face it I'm sure you already know the answer and are just doing this for some elaborate spoof anyway.

Ill try and keep this in really simple one sentence points.

"Trickle down" is an economic theory.
It was very popular during the Reagan era (reaganomics).
One of the main economists behind it (Laffer - spelling?) was honored by trump after he became president.
There are many, many other economists who discredit Laffer's theories.
Lots of very rich people support the trickle down approach.
By cutting tax for the rich the theory is that they will spend and invest more. In practice we see that they actually just hoarde this new wealth.
Since the 80s the distribution of wealth has shrunk.
The gap between very rich and poor has grown.
90% of wealth is owned by 10% of people.

Trickle down works in theory but not in practice.

This is the bit I don't agree with.

They simply cannot hoard ALL their wealth as you're trying to indicate. 

The have to eat, they have to have stuff, lot's of stuff in my experience.

While the percentage of their wealth might not be massive, but I'd suggest that they spend pro rata as much as the majority of people. 

When you say 90% of wealth is owned, what does that mean? Money, property, land? 

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

While the percentage of their wealth might not be massive, but I'd suggest that they spend pro rata as much as the majority of people. 

When you say 90% of wealth is owned, what does that mean? Money, property, land? 

Slow, slow, slow 

The arguments you are making display a complete and rather fetching naivety regarding wealth, capital, income and spending. 

I'd stop when you are well behind if I were you. 

Guest TPAFKATS

You can't count eating as redistribution of wealth through truckle down economics

If they spent as much as the majority of people the gap wouldn't have grown to 90/10.

Guest TPAFKATS

Here's a podcast from Canadian radio featuring an international economics professor who teaches at one if the major US universities. He's originally from Dundee though.
http://cbc.mc.tritondigital.com/CBC_IDEAS_P/media/ideas-yGePW9X5-20191015.mp3

It's a good listen, quite entertaining especially given the subject matter which includes the banking crash, climate crises and other things like trickle down economics.

Just now, TPAFKATS said:

You can't count eating as redistribution of wealth through truckle down economics

If they spent as much as the majority of people the gap wouldn't have grown to 90/10.

I love the word "truckle" :lol:

Well I beg to differ, they will eat out lots, and be ordering copious amounts of champagne.

Their money is spread through many different avenues, possibly why it's not seen as such an increase to the people who benefit but it's getting to people, any way you try to dilute the effect.

Anyway, I enjoy being rich.......................toodle oo, have some lard sandwiches on me.  :byebye

PS Tell you new pal he's wasting his time, nobody, certainly not me, pays any attention to him. 

Guest TPAFKATS
I love the word "truckle" [emoji38]
Well I beg to differ, they will eat out lots, and be ordering copious amounts of champagne.
Their money is spread through many different avenues, possibly why it's not seen as such an increase to the people who benefit but it's getting to people, any way you try to dilute the effect.
Anyway, I enjoy being rich.......................toodle oo, have some lard sandwiches on me.  :byebye
PS Tell you new pal he's wasting his time, nobody, certainly not me, pays any attention to him. 
Yeah, it's a sausage fingered typo. We all make them, you only seem to find other people's funny.
Truffle would've been better than truckle though. I'll try harder with my typos

I've given you easy explanation of why this economic theory is discredited by many economists but it's favoured and promoted by the very rich.
Your response though is dicksonesque.

Just now, faraway saint said:

I love the word "truckle" :lol:

Dear boy. 

You are well out of your comfort zone. Take well intentioned advice and stop now on this topic. 

Alternatively, I can put you in touch with an excellent adviser who deals with high net worth individuals. 

But to aid you a little by way of example.

A friend of mine has more than a little in the way of wealth. Ownership or part ownership in a number of businesses including speciality yacht design and build. 

Homes in Johannesburg, Rome, Roo, Seville, Arizona and Rio. 

Cash.. Only as much is needed. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yeah, it's a sausage fingered typo. We all make them, you only seem to find other people's funny.
Truffle would've been better than truckle though. I'll try harder with my typos

I've given you easy explanation of why this economic theory is discredited by many economists but it's favoured and promoted by the very rich.
Your response though is dicksonesque.

Your response smacks of someone who's got a chip on his shoulder.

As I said, enjoy your lard sandwich. :byebye

Guest TPAFKATS
Your response smacks of someone who's got a chip on his shoulder.
As I said, enjoy your lard sandwich. :byebye
No chip.
You asked for evidence, I gave it. You disagree however its a disagreement based on no evidence, just a hunch and childish insults.

13 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

No chip.
You asked for evidence, I gave it. You disagree however its a disagreement based on no evidence, just a hunch and childish insults.

You said eating doesn't count, when anything is raised that doesn't sit well with you, you discount it.

Must be a lot of thin billionaires. 

What a lifeless soul you are. 

Anyhow, I have football to watch, wasted enough time on you. 

Guest TPAFKATS

You said eating doesn't count, when anything is raised that doesn't sit well with you, you discount it.
Must be a lot of thin billionaires. 
What a lifeless soul you are. 
Anyhow, I have football to watch, wasted enough time on you. 

I've not discounted anything - you think eating is an example of trickle down economics, economists don't.

Even Marie Antionette never came up with that.

Enjoy the football, I wonder if they will resort to playing the man when they can't compete?

18 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I've not discounted anything - you think eating is an example of trickle down economics, economists don't.

Even Marie Antionette never came up with that.

Enjoy the football, I wonder if they will resort to playing the man when they can't compete?

Jeezo, let's say these people eat out a lot, does that count?

You've conveniently, forgot about the stuff they buy.....................cars, houses, clothes, gadgets..................I could go on but it seems these people don't spend any money.

I'm rich bit I spend a fecking fortune, do I count                  on helping the economy? 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, let's say these people eat out a lot, does that count?

You've conveniently, forgot about the stuff they buy.....................cars, houses, clothes, gadgets..................I could go on but it seems these people don't spend any money.

I'm rich bit I spend a fecking fortune, do I count                  on helping the economy? 

You still don't get the idea of scale. 

Guest TPAFKATS
He doesn't seem to get the idea of any of this. He has a view and no number of economists would change that. Not even the guy who came up with this theory used the examples that faraway does. He's still sticking staunchly with it though.

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
59 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

He doesn't seem to get the idea of any of this. He has a view and no number of economists would change that. Not even the guy who came up with this theory used the examples that faraway does. He's still sticking staunchly with it though.

Amusing, getting some solace from the forum fool. :lol: 

You don't seem to have an ounce of common sense, preferring to hide behind Google searches.

Nothing from you, absolutely nothing which sums you up...................:byebye

Guest TPAFKATS

Amusing, getting some solace from the forum fool. [emoji38] 
You don't seem to have an ounce of common sense, preferring to hide behind Google searches.
Nothing from you, absolutely nothing which sums you up...................:byebye

Seriously? Nothing from me, [emoji1] all you have is a view with nothing to back it up. It's impossible to debate with you when you can't offer anything to back it up.

All you have is a hunch and no understanding of economics or even just how experts form their opinion. You refuse to consider that these experts might know better than you.

You are the fool here, so far out of your depth you are drowning in a puddle.

And yet you try to deflect by accusing me of hiding behind Google searches.

You should try Google, you might learn something.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Seriously? Nothing from me, emoji1.png all you have is a view with nothing to back it up. It's impossible to debate with you when you can't offer anything to back it up.

All you have is a hunch and no understanding of economics or even just how experts form their opinion. You refuse to consider that these experts might know better than you.

Have you been going to name calling classes recently?

Threads getting deleted, getting reported all over the place, what's happening in your life you're so angry?

Realised you're a losers? 

Google yourself into a frenzy, for what it's worth I don't give a feck about Boris, Trump or you.

You're so taught you're about to burst, that'll be funny.

54 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Amusing, getting some solace from the forum fool. :lol: 

My, my, Mr Arbroath fish pie. 

One seems a little rattled. 

It's a little sad to see you persist with your nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Seriously? Nothing from me, emoji1.png all you have is a view with nothing to back it up. It's impossible to debate with you when you can't offer anything to back it up.

Mr Arbroath is out of his depth again.  I know, I shouldn't, but I do feel sorry for him being as isolated as he is from the knowledge required to form arguments. 

Guest TPAFKATS

Have you been going to name calling classes recently?
Threads getting deleted, getting reported all over the place, what's happening in your life you're so angry?
Realised you're a losers? 
Google yourself into a frenzy, for what it's worth I don't give a feck about Boris, Trump or you.
You're so taught you're about to burst, that'll be funny.

I'll repeat it again this week - I had no threads deleted.
Reported? News to me. No one (div) has been in touch to say I was reported.
I'm neither angry nor rattled but you must've been hurting badly if you reported me [emoji1]

It does appear I am more "taught" than you though...

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'll repeat it again this week - I had no threads deleted.
Reported? News to me. No one (div) has been in touch to say I was reported.
I'm neither angry nor rattled but you must've been hurting badly if you reported me emoji1.png

It does appear I am more "taught" than you though...

Wrong, that's not the way it works and who said I did? :lol:

You really think looking up Google makes you smart?  :lol:

Anyhow, keep up the good work, every thread needs a nutter. :byebye

PS I'm out, no need to turn this into a Baz v anybody thread, have  a nice night, football on.