Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

Well IMO the biggest mistake any opposition politician can make is to think Boris Johnston is a clown, that role if for Shull.

He has been Major of London one of the biggest cities in the world, he is a major architect of Brexit and used it to propel himself to Prime Minister.

He saw off Cameron and Osborne who had gained a majority government after coalition and then saw off May not much of a challenge there !

He is a brilliant strategist and is not your traditional Tory. He is brilliant at manipulating the small core of voters needed to win majorities in British politics

So opposition parties will need to work really hard to see him off. 

Fortunately folks like Nicola Sturgeon and Keir Starmer are sharp enough to realize.

I think Starmer has already told the Labour Party to stop caricaturing Johnston as a clown, good advice IMO.

35 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Nice explanation.

The UK has possibly the best reporting system, and therefore, most accurate, according to a gentleman on Andrew Marr this morning.

He was indicating other countries, imagine this, are less accurate and transparent. 

Did he name those countries with less accurate? And. POSSIBLY? INDICATING? That's that then. Conclusive proof.

As for per capita..................comparing apples to oranges is not really used by people with any sense. 

It was he who made the comparison. I just quoted it. Be careful when you voice declarations of success I say. What was HIS premise for the statement he made?

As for your last sentence...............:lol: Some people slag him off when they indicate he makes ALL the decisions HE MAKES on a whim, now you're saying he's feck all to do with it, yet you blame him? FIFY

I'm blaming HIS government for inaction at the correct times and him for being inactive most of the time. I never suggested he made no decisions at all. Just that he appears to disappear at crisis moments. This is not the first time he's been posted missing.

ETA Perception is very important when it comes to leadership..

Edited by stlucifer

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Posted missing, gies piece.

He had the virus, fairly serious.

His partners just had a baby, missing? :byebye

He had the virus when the riots were going on in London? WOW!

He had the virus for the first FIVE COBRA meetings? Double WOW!

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

He had the virus when the riots were going on in London? WOW!

He had the virus for the first FIVE COBRA meetings? Double WOW!

For the last time........................

I know nothing about the riots in London so I'll leave that aside for now.

It's been explained umpteen times there was no need for him to attend these initial meetings. 

Grasping at straws, earlier on you blamed him then you switched to blaming the government, now you back to him. :lol:

Keep digging, Australia soon. :byebye

PS I'm done with you for today, bigger fish to fry, see ye. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

For the last time........................

I know nothing about the riots in London so I'll leave that aside for now.

It's been explained umpteen times there was no need for him to attend these initial meetings. 

Grasping at straws, earlier on you blamed him then you switched to blaming the government, now you back to him. :lol:

Keep digging, Australia soon. :byebye

Really?

Have you finished your primary school lessons in reading.

Aye. Right. It's been explained by the likes of Michael LYING Gove. That's that then. How could I dispute this?

At the time,  senior adviser to Downing Street reported that "Johnson didn't chair ANY meetings", citing, "He liked his country breaks. He didn't work weekends. There was a real sense that he didn't do urgent crisis planning. It was exactly like people feared he would be".

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Well IMO the biggest mistake any opposition politician can make is to think Boris Johnston is a clown, that role if for Shull.

He has been Major of London one of the biggest cities in the world, he is a major architect of Brexit and used it to propel himself to Prime Minister.

He saw off Cameron and Osborne who had gained a majority government after coalition and then saw off May not much of a challenge there !

He is a brilliant strategist and is not your traditional Tory. He is brilliant at manipulating the small core of voters needed to win majorities in British politics

So opposition parties will need to work really hard to see him off. 

Fortunately folks like Nicola Sturgeon and Keir Starmer are sharp enough to realize.

I think Starmer has already told the Labour Party to stop caricaturing Johnston as a clown, good advice IMO.

That's certainly one way of looking at it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 11:06 PM, Bud the Baker said:

Got a bit of a pasting from Kier Starmer today without his fan club to drown out his answers....

Unfortunately for Labour, not a single f**k was given by the general public who are loving their beach visits.

46 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

BBC News - Government defends fees for overseas NHS staff despite Tory criticism
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52754903

emoji598.png beep beep beep

BBC News - NHS fees to be scrapped for overseas health staff and care workers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52761052

Hang on. We can't be criticising governments for ignoring the opinions of others and then also criticise them when they actually listen and act.

This is a good thing.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Hang on. We can't be criticising governments for ignoring the opinions of others and then also criticise them when they actually listen and act.

This is a good thing.

The criticism shouldn't be about them changing their minds. It should be because they didn't think it through tn the first place. what fcukwit thought this would be a good policy given the current circumstance. Oh yes. The puppet's real master, Cummings.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

This is a good thing.

Indeed.

This drivel is rolled out when governments change their original thoughts.

It shows they have listened and have the guts to change their original decision. 

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed.

This drivel is rolled out when governments change their original thoughts.

It shows they have listened and have the guts to change their original decision. 

I cannot believe even you actually believe this.

2014 Nba Playoffs Laughing GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Guest TPAFKATS
This is a good thing.
It's a populist government.
Roll out an idea or in this case vote through legislation. If there's enough of an outcry, make small changes and claim to be listening.

23 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Ah. Right. I get it now. Your views are correct. Mine are narrow minded. I should have known it.🥱

I never said mines were right but it's as obvious as, well, an obvious thing, you're views are blinkered.

It beats your usual response calling people stupid who disagree with you. 🤡

Much easier to admit it. 

I have no political angle. 

This thread makes interesting reading, seems there were plenty pouring doubt on Boris winning the election at the time. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

The criticism shouldn't be about them changing their minds. It should be because they didn't think it through tn the first place. what fcukwit thought this would be a good policy given the current circumstance. Oh yes. The puppet's real master, Cummings.

Has this policy not been in place for years?

56 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's a populist government.
Roll out an idea or in this case vote through legislation. If there's enough of an outcry, make small changes and claim to be listening.

I seem to remember you having a problem with the SNP being accused of this.

The phrase SNPbad was thrown around a fair bit.

Guest TPAFKATS
I seem to remember you having a problem with the SNP being accused of this.
The phrase SNPbad was thrown around a fair bit.
Really?
The #snpbad was quite literally the opposite of a populist government.