Lord Pityme

Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

Will Sevco fans be able to call us a 'new' club? If the proposal is voted through.

Well... clear of debt, fully fan owned.

Hearts... fully fan owned

Smfc... being split up and sold to Kibble...

Way to go on the fan ownership front. If there is a drop off in smisa membership a result of this wedge they've driven through it, who do you think is going to make up the shortfall in exchange for greater control?

9 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Why would it be?

Just so you are aware, "people like Baz" included you, don't get upset, I wouldn't want you to think I wasn't including you in the discussion. I thought it was obvious seeing as the two of you are so alike.

So, for all you know (even though it's highly unlikely), the questions could have been along the lines of "what size is your penis" and "does your wife like anal"?

You're entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong.

It’s not though  

You're funny. Did you not claim that you proved BiEK (maybe it was someone else) wrong about various things while arguing about something else long after he had stopped replying to you on those various other things?

Nope BEK pretty much begged to stop engaging with me, I gave him his wish. He came back to responding to my comments not so long later (and before that responding to others I was having a conversation with). I have pointed out his falsehoods in the past, I have never claimed victory in a last word  

Do you think he'll let you? As soon as you disagree with him about something else he will claim you are bringing up the same argument again.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

But they won't JUST have a say. They will have control by way of a veto. That is disproportionate to the size of the shareholding.

A major shareholder is not THE major shareholder. 

The particular poster that has been leading this point has achieved exactly what he wanted (all be it with a very small number of contributors) what I would suggest to you is to do some scenario analysis. Envision some scenarios where the Kibble veto could be detrimental for St Mirren yet beneficial for them. Then determine how likely you think that scenario is. 

Before you do that though I would maybe evaluate your understanding. They will not have control to force through major decisions, only a veto. A 51% shareholder has control to stop any decision by nature of their holding. 

don’t mean for any of that to sound condescending by the way, just clarifying for you. 

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Will Sevco fans be able to call us a 'new' club? If the proposal is voted through.

Well... clear of debt, fully fan owned.

Hearts... fully fan owned

Smfc... being split up and sold to Kibble...

Way to go on the fan ownership front. If there is a drop off in smisa membership a result of this wedge they've driven through it, who do you think is going to make up the shortfall in exchange for greater control?

Lol imagine being this raging.

The meltdown on here over the kibble buy in probably shows it's a good thing that people with a reasonable amount of business acumen are getting involved. Imagine a fully owned smisa led club. Every decision would be torn to pieces, infighting galore, it would be impossible to get anything done. Hopefully there is a silent majority going to vote this through.
I think this period has shown me I'm more fearful of 100% fan ownership than 51% with a major partner.

The meltdown on here over the kibble buy in probably shows it's a good thing that people with a reasonable amount of business acumen are getting involved. Imagine a fully owned smisa led club. Every decision would be torn to pieces, infighting galore, it would be impossible to get anything done. Hopefully there is a silent majority going to vote this through.
I think this period has shown me I'm more fearful of 100% fan ownership than 51% with a major partner.

Really?
Then why did Scott & Smisa tell the world that the only show in town was full fan ownership?

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Really?
Then why did Scott & Smisa tell the world that the only show in town was full fan ownership?

A Hybrid has been shown to be possible. A decision for the members. 

Oh dear... Slarti/Baz whatever calls himself is becoming detached.... or?
Just upping the shit stirring to bring some joy into his life?

Maybe we should have a vote on that?

Aw, is the wee flower so upset to be compared to Baz that he's got to use almost the same patter back? It's like Bart Simpson's "I know you are, but what am I" line. I'm obviously (well obviously to any right thinking person) not Baz, but he can't escape from the fact that he and Baz are almost clones, must be so upsetting for the we delicate petal.

Anyway, not answering any of the questions yet? I'm not surprised.

1. You are.

2. That fitted in well with the bit below it.

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Really?

Trolling/ breakdowns/ desperation whatever anyone wants to call it, it’s pretty transparent after all these years. Polar opposite views over less time than it takes to read a SMISA statement means the mask has completely slipped.

The wish for mass (prediction?) drop off in SMISA members is far from new and has been completely unfounded/ baseless to date. Wee new club jabs, claims that the club will be further split up to under majority fan ownership, wishing for community asset stripping to be even remotely true in this deal. All sings of a powerless, desperate for attention man.

Don’t feed the troll they say… How can we not when it causes such hilarious rage? 

Edited by bazil85

7 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Aw, is the wee flower so upset to be compared to Baz that he's got to use almost the same patter back? It's like Bart Simpson's "I know you are, but what am I" line. I'm obviously (well obviously to any right thinking person) not Baz, but he can't escape from the fact that he and Baz are almost clones, must be so upsetting for the we delicate petal.

Anyway, not answering any of the questions yet? I'm not surprised.

1. You are.

2. That fitted in well with the bit below it. emoji38.png

Now now, you both can't be as awesome as me, stop fighting over it. 

Just now, Slartibartfast said:
4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
Now now, you both can't be as awesome as me, stop fighting over it. 

I would never want to lower my intellect that far.

Aw pal, I know you still can't let go how I've bested you in debate in recent months but no need to remain bitter. We're on the same side here, remember?  

Ok the OP is a bit tongue in cheek, but the underlying question remains.
If this deal is voted through, and smisa numbers drop as a result?
Who is going to pick up the slack?
The general nature of football fans will probably mean that they assume that Kibble are in charge, and will fund the club. Raising the very clear & present danger of smfc turning into Kibble FC by default/apathy/inevitability...
The point (completely wrong imo) being made by some is "well there isnt the skill set required among saints fans to run the club anyway"

Really? How so with Hearts & Well, oh yes and as the smisa chair likes to suggest our mirror image Barcelona?

I agree too many of the wrong people are in there now, but the fans have had little influence in shaping that.
Where we are at imo is the current board & smisa saying "we're done, its beyond us" so they, and minded members see Kibble as a safe haven. Nice and comfy, just kick back and let Kibble do it all.

To me we are at 'Point Break'... that being we really need to take a decision to break the apathy/laziness/lack of giving a f**k etc and 'break' what's setting in, so we can reset on tbe right path for fans, club and community.

See this for what it is, the board and Smisa are throwing in the cap, in the hope that, as Homer Simpson asks.. "cant somebody else do it?"

Through saving face, refusing to admit their done etc, etc... choosing the wrong people.

They are turning away from fans to hide/save admitting their shortcomings, and dressing this up as REAL fan ownership despite having already declared the last proposal was that and so much more.

It's 'Point Break' buds... will you just slide the slippers on and let it wash over you, or Break it, to Fix it..?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Lol imagine being this raging.

I’m quoting both of you because I know you are on opposite ends of for and against on this. I also can’t be arsed sifting through multiple pages of shite on the other thread.

What is the full on deal with this “veto” that Kibble apparently want?

21 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It's 'Point Break' buds... will you just slide the slippers on and let it wash over you, or Break it, to Fix it..?

Why don't you give The Sun an exclusive.  Get in contact with them and tell them how a local charity is not being very charitable and how it could be the end of a historical football club.    

The two biggest critics of this deal are no longer supporters of fan ownership at St Mirren. Work that one out.
Is that the fun ownership where 'the fans' own the club, or the "New Improved Formula' fan ownership where you start selling off the club?

Why is our suggested version do different from Hearts & Motherwell... both clubs who nearly disappeared?

22 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I’m quoting both of you because I know you are on opposite ends of for and against on this. I also can’t be arsed sifting through multiple pages of shite on the other thread.

What is the full on deal with this “veto” that Kibble apparently want?

Generally major shareholders (over 25%) have a veto on major decisions. Kibble have one in this agreement, certain posters have blown it way out of proportion. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Generally major shareholders (over 25%) have a veto on major decisions. Kibble have one in this agreement, certain posters have blown it way out of proportion. 

Special Resolutions is more accurate Baz!!