The Commonwealth Games, Birmingham 2022.

shull

I was very impressed by Reese Lynch, a light-welterweight boxer, from his 1/4 finals onwards.

A southpaw, whose speed, agility and spatial sense reminded me of young Mohammed Ali.  

in that 1/4, Lynch was up against the previous gold medalist, an Englishman, James Jonas (?).  I couldn’t understand why Lynch was taunting him and extracting so much pish from an obviously capable opponent, offering him his open jaw then snatching it away, sneering and mocking him as he danced around popping in easy scoring shots, at will….

i later found out that Jonas had regarded his Lynch bout - as a formality, an easy match.   Disrespect: for which he paid.

Lynch got gold in a very close final.  :)

eta I enjoyed 3 fine Scottish boxing golds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/62456616

Edited by antrin

Lots to enjoy and great victories, placings and personal bests by  Scottish Athletes of all ages including para competitors.

My favourite watches though outside Scotland Athletes were: T20 Match India v England and games in Beach Volleyball and 3x3 Basketball. The pace of the last one was amazing.