Sportsreel, Sportscene & Scotsport

shull

It made me very happy in the bygone days when arriving at Love Street and seeing the Outside Broadcast Television Vans there and then knowing the highlights of our match would be televised on Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

I remember only two cameras being used, placed above the tunnel. I would love to see proper highlights of our old matches again.

I do remember from those days my dad having an extreme dislike of Celtic and the now deceased club from Ibrox. I wish he had been alive to witness their demise. He would have been absolutely thrilled to bits.

Anyway, Football First was magnificent, especially during the Millennium Season.

Ā 

Edited by shull

No cameras at Ibrox for the League Cup tie in 1972 or Dens Park on the 19th April 1977.Ā 

Would be magnificent to relive those matches again.

Ally's four that famous occasion and the legendary Fergie's Furies winning the Title with a 4-0 masterclass v Dundee.

11 hours ago, shull said:

My dad would be livid watching the first two teams in this highlights package. I dunno why he bothered. I haven't watched one since 1980.

FECKEMĀ 

I just finished watching it all.Ā 

Highlights of two matches. Round up reports of other matches including Archie MacPherson covering our defeat at Rugby Park.

Absolute gem of the show was the ..Ā Ā 

PIGEON RACING HIGHLIGHTS ( no fecking kidding)

They also had the winning bird in the studio while the two owners of the doo were getting interviewed.

Fabulous

Those were the days.

On 9/4/2023 at 8:45 AM, shull said:

It made me very happy in the bygone days when arriving at Love Street and seeing the Outside Broadcast Television Vans there and then knowing the highlights of our match would be televised on Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

I remember only two cameras being used, placed above the tunnel. I would love to see proper highlights of our old matches again.

I do remember from those days my dad having an extreme dislike of Celtic and the now deceased club from Ibrox. I wish he had been alive to witness their demise. He would have been absolutely thrilled to bits.

Anyway, Football First was magnificent, especially during the Millennium Season.

Ā 

You wish your Dad was alive so he could see Rangers die ? According to UEFA and the SFA they never died.... hardly worth hanging on for....Ā 

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

You wish your Dad was alive so he could see Rangers die ? According to UEFA and the SFA they never died.... hardly worth hanging on for....Ā 

But according to logic, common sense they most certainly did. In fact. Not quite there yet as the original club is still being wound up.

140 years of Rangers liquidated ... after just 8 minutes of meeting | Glasgow Times

In December 2022, BDO and HMRC reached a settlement figure of Ā£56 million.

To make abundantly clear.

This was from the original club/company. One and the same.

EUFA really don't give a feck and the SFA, apart from being serial liars, have a vested interest in pretending they are one and the same.Ā 

ONE top league title and counting.

19 hours ago, stlucifer said:

But according to logic, common sense they most certainly did. In fact. Not quite there yet as the original club is still being wound up.

140 years of Rangers liquidated ... after just 8 minutes of meeting | Glasgow Times

In December 2022, BDO and HMRC reached a settlement figure of Ā£56 million.

To make abundantly clear.

This was from the original club/company. One and the same.

EUFA really don't give a feck and the SFA, apart from being serial liars, have a vested interest in pretending they are one and the same.Ā 

ONE top league title and counting.

And yet they celebrated their 150th... for the record i could never support either glasgow " giant" mainly because of the bile and hate they spit.. but powers that be say they never died and their penalty was demotion just like Juve.... denial is a very popular human trait...Ā 

42 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

And yet they celebrated their 150th... for the record i could never support either glasgow " giant" mainly because of the bile and hate they spit.. but powers that be say they never died and their penalty was demotion just like Juve.... denial is a very popular human trait...Ā 

The powers that be can mean anything. I have addressed the attitude of the SFA and EUFA. The first part is fantasy. The second part of your statement is something even those "powers that be" cannot deny is absolute fiction. It is documented in black and white that Sevco applied to JOIN the professional leagues and the attempt to shoehorn them in at an elevated level was thwarted by many honest clubs. In fact. The "real" rangers had to abstain in the vote so I don't know how any "powers that be" can square the circle of having one rangers needing to abstain in a vote to get the other "rangers" into the professional game while claiming there is only one rangers. The moral of this tale?

The lunatics definitely can take over an asylum and can easily convince many desperate orcs they were sane and sensible while continuing to take the same orcs cash, hand over fist.

The rest of us? We KNOW the truth. NO club was relegated in this instance. They were, in fact, promoted.

Edited by stlucifer

Not disputing your comments ( although pretty long winded) however read below as thats the official stance and ends this debate

Ā 

But itā€™s important to point out that Scottish Football Association membership was essentially transferred from the pre-liquidation Rangers to the post-liquidation Rangers. The same strings were attached, including a year-long transfer ban.

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Not disputing your comments ( although pretty long winded) however read below as thats the official stance and ends this debate

Ā 

But itā€™s important to point out that Scottish Football Association membership was essentially transferred from the pre-liquidation Rangers to the post-liquidation Rangers. The same strings were attached, including a year-long transfer ban.

There's the proof then. Thank you. Transferred from one rangers to another rangers.

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

There's the proof then. Thank you. Transferred from one rangers to another rangers.

I, and not many outside the supporters of Rangers, would didpute this issue.

I, and other's, don't NEED it to be regurgitated at every opportunity.Ā 

I certainly won't change my terminology for Rangers or the Old Firm.

In conclusion, you're wasting your time.Ā 

I, and not many outside the supporters of Rangers, would didpute this issue.
I, and other's, don't NEED it to be regurgitated at every opportunity.Ā 
I certainly won't change my terminology for Rangers or the Old Firm.
In conclusion, you're wasting your time.Ā 

You can "didpute" whatever you want. [emoji16]

The powers that be can mean anything. I have addressed the attitude of the SFA and EUFA. The first part is fantasy. The second part of your statement is something even those "powers that be" cannot deny is absolute fiction. It is documented in black and white that Sevco applied to JOIN the professional leagues and the attempt to shoehorn them in at an elevated level was thwarted by many honest clubs. In fact. The "real" rangers had to abstain in the vote so I don't know how any "powers that be" can square the circle of having one rangers needing to abstain in a vote to get the other "rangers" into the professional game while claiming there is only one rangers. The moral of this tale?
The lunatics definitely can take over an asylum and can easily convince many desperate orcs they were sane and sensible while continuing to take the same orcs cash, hand over fist.
The rest of us? We KNOW the truth. NO club was relegated in this instance. They were, in fact, promoted.
They couldn't have been promoted as they didn't exist in a lower league.

10 hours ago, Slarti said:
18 hours ago, stlucifer said:

They couldn't have been promoted as they didn't exist in a lower league.

Correct. A bad mistake on my part. I meant they were installed ahead of more eligible teams.

7 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Correct. A bad mistake on my part. I meant they were installed ahead of more eligible teams.

Their scummy irish connections got reinstalled to... Ignoring the WUM WS comments ... the fact they died FIFA dont recognise that fact

DESPITE claims that Rangers are a new club, FIFA have stepped into the argument and insisted that Rangers are the same football club.Ā 

Maybe Third Lanark should reconvene

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Their scummy irish connections got reinstalled to... Ignoring the WUM WS comments ... the fact they died FIFA dont recognise that fact

DESPITE claims that Rangers are a new club, FIFA have stepped into the argument and insisted that Rangers are the same football club.Ā 

Maybe Third Lanark should reconvene

Ā 

Ā 

Obviously you're looking at this through your blue nose glasses. WTF does, "Their scummy irish connections", even mean? Did you mean too rather than to? As I said. FIFA and EUFA don't give a feck. They don't care as long as the money applecart isn't affected.

ETA. You are right with one thing. FIFA's input would mean Third Lanark could rise like a pheonix from the ashes and be the same club. It's the same scenario.

Edited by stlucifer

On 9/6/2023 at 2:11 PM, DougJamie said:

Not disputing your comments ( although pretty long winded) however read below as thats the official stance and ends this debate.

Nahā€¦

ā€¦an ā€œofficial stanceā€ that is widely perceived as a corrupt lie not only wonā€™t end ā€œa debateā€, Ā it also cannot fabricate a non-existent continuation between a club that died and a new one, set up with a different name in order to con its bigoted grieving fans to part with their money.

There is no debate, just a tedious need for the honest among us to occasionally correct those who get lazy with their thinking. Ā :)

Ā 

Meantimeā€¦ hereā€™s a wee contribution from another source on the current Ā malaise I see in Scottish fitba.

https://sfm.scot/land-of-the-one-horse-race/

(warning: the article is written by a Celtic fan. Ā True blue bigots please be cautious. Your ā€˜sensibilitiesā€™ may be testedā€¦)

Ā 

Edited by antrin