Why does the club need to know the diversity of season ticket holders?

Got this today via email from the club. As an employer it’s the clubs duty to make sure it’s compliant with the equality act 2010 with regards to its employees, but why ask the season ticket holder’s? I found a similar request from Plymouth Argyle (see below) It’s voluntary and I won’t be completing it as I have already been burnt by Arnold Clark’s data breach. 

D11C2DBA-EC8C-4B40-80FC-91E6A69166D9.jpeg

DBFC85A0-D366-4608-A407-E9F078C3623E.jpeg

Nothing wrong with this. Gives the club some valuable information on current demographic and areas they can target for new supporters whilst tailoring activities to current season ticket holders. 

Would love to see us look at opportunities for new fans from different backgrounds we are a community club after all. 

11 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

It's a perfectly civil request and all you had to do was respond to the survey or ignore it.  No need to post it on here as I am sure all the other season ticket holders will have it and can make their own mind up about it.

Well it is a stmirren forum is it it not? A place to discuss saints related issues? You could of followed your own advice and simply replied to this thread or ignored it, you chose the former 👍🏻

@ALBIONSAINT thank you for bringing this matter to my attention as I never knew about. 

St Mirren and databases?

Anyone remember the fcuking farce with the old ticketing database that the previous supplier “deleted” and then we had to resubmit all our details and then they fcuked up the ST seats and cards. Our chairman tried to say there was conflict between the databases but given it’s just 1’s and 0’s  that excuse won’t wash. Perhaps I’m not allowed to discuss that either by the B&W Army forum polis. 

[mention=6256]ALBIONSAINT[/mention] thank you for bringing this matter to my attention as I never knew about. 
St Mirren and databases?
Anyone remember the fcuking farce with the old ticketing database that the previous supplier “deleted” and then we had to resubmit all our details and then they fcuked up the ST seats and cards. Our chairman tried to say there was conflict between the databases but given it’s just 1’s and 0’s  that excuse won’t wash. Perhaps I’m not allowed to discuss that either by the B&W Army forum polis. 

I doubt it was as simple as 'it's just 1s and 0s" but I get your point.

10 minutes ago, Slarti said:

I doubt it was as simple as 'it's just 1s and 0s" but I get your point.

I’ve been working with IT data storage and database migrations since the 80s.

So I do know how to transfer data between “incompatible”systems. Which is the excuse our chairman used. 

There was no data left to migrate.

That’s my point.

IMG_5237.gif.49c8ffaf0d4e5a8fb96e7805cee2e1f9.gif

So I do know how to transfer data between “incompatible”systems. Which is the excuse our chairman used. 
That’s my point.
Personally, I think the club f**ked up by not ensuring that any data belonged to the club and then the old mob tried to hold the club "to ransom". How an IT company could manage to (ahem, accidentally) delete a database and, presumably, all backups is totally beyond me.

3 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Well it is a stmirren forum is it it not? A place to discuss saints related issues? You could of followed your own advice and simply replied to this thread or ignored it, you chose the former 👍🏻

Yes, but if i wanted an answer to that question I would go to the person making the survey request, not asking a bunch of people who don't know the rationale.

My only possible motivation for asking the forum would be a desperate cry for attention and I'm not that needy.

And

It's could have.  You're welcome

50 minutes ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:
That’s my point.

Personally, I think the club f**ked up by not ensuring that any data belonged to the club and then the old mob tried to hold the club "to ransom". How an IT company could manage to (ahem, accidentally) delete a database and, presumably, all backups is totally beyond me.

Agreed. There was clearly fault on both sides. All could have been handled better and truthfully. 

When I was a younger and less mature man, I always completed diversity forms to make me appear to fulfil every aspect of the minority criteria. I have to wonder whether this survey will indicate that we have an inordinate number of disabled, black, non-binary lesbians with a traveller background amongst our support. 😆

Alternatively, will we be condemned for being 'hideously white' and male? In which case will the club seek to employ a diversity officer?

Screenshot2023-11-2200_20_19.png.a756d7fecad3b77a2dd328900e1bf315.png 

Can't they just take our money and devote their resources to answering the telephone in the ticket office? :rolleyes:

This survey is for the benefit of the SFA?

Fcuking hypocrites. 

The same SFA that employed Malkay Mackay after he allegedly sent “completely unacceptable” messages during his time as Cardiff City manager. 

“….two letters have been sent to the FA by Cardiff City outlining a series of texts.”

see article below as the words used are disgusting and abhorrent.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news/malky-mackay-texts-former-cardiff-manager-accused-of-sending-racist-sexist-and-homophobic-messages-9682753.html

Edited by Albanian Buddy

11 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Yes, but if i wanted an answer to that question I would go to the person making the survey request, not asking a bunch of people who don't know the rationale.

My only possible motivation for asking the forum would be a desperate cry for attention and I'm not that needy.

And

It's could have.  You're welcome

I don’t agree with your rationale here about forum members not having knowledge about the club. I have always found the forum a great place to get information on the club and it’s business in general. Take the Kibble partnership as an example, there is no way the club would provide the information that I have found on the threads on BAWA. I suppose asking forum members if they know would always be my first port of call before seeking further advice from the club directly. Given that I won’t be completing it makes it a moot point. 

Your last point about motivation to post such questions on the forum comes across as passive/aggressive and childish in nature. I have as much right to ask/post comments as anyone else on here. 

9 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I have always found the forum a great place to get information on the club and it’s business in general. 

When Tom Hendrie was sacked we heard it first online from one of our own supporters who heard it via a hairdresser! 

I’m sure @Sue Denim knows more. 😂

That’s got to be up there with one of the best “insider” stories. 

I’m not suggesting that @Sue Denim was inside her at the time.