86/87 Coaching Team

GB77

Looking to see if anyone has any photos of the 86/87 coaching team? 

My Dad back left was part of the coaching team but I don’t have many photos, the only one left out the mural too.  Just wondering if anyone has any photos from this era? He passed away a few years ago and was trying to hunt down some photos.

IMG_8788.jpeg

IMG_4810.jpeg

There are some good buddies who collect various memorabilia that it would be worth reaching out to.

I would suggest you try Jack Paterson at Black&White magazine. He might be interested in running a story for the magazine about your dad’s involvement. 

[email protected]

If anyone has any photos Jack will likely be a good first place to start.

Good luck. 

And Bobby Holmes was my boss (of the section in an office job) for a few months in Pressed Steel.  A really decent man.  91 now.
In 1955, in his prime…

image.jpeg.7e8894e9455417add1eefbdc692b3e63.jpeg
… with (I think) Tommy Gemmell as back up, there.
Imagine having a boss who's 40 years your junior. :whistle

My old man was John Brown, not much of playing career  although was with WBA and Morton for a short spell, never made it though, was a coach from an early age with Partick Thistle end then most of his life in the Juniors. Coached Neilston Juniors,  Johnstone Burgh and was with Dickie Brock at Pollok, Largs & Scotland.

Remember the night I answered the phone and it was Alex Smith asking for him to join him at St Mirren. Spent many times at love street with him. 

Looking to see if anyone has any photos of the 86/87 coaching team? 

My Dad back left was part of the coaching team but I don’t have many photos, the only one left out the mural too.  Just wondering if anyone has any photos from this era? He passed away a few years ago and was trying to hunt down some photos.
IMG_8788.jpeg.f224e7b2f2e9770bf46bc27296873c99.jpeg
IMG_4810.jpeg.8302f0706e16128ed38a786ba3785425.jpeg
Been trying to fathom out your dad's name, can't for the life of me remember him. [emoji106]

And Bobby Holmes was my boss (of the section in an office job) for a few months in Pressed Steel.  A really decent man.  91 now.
In 1955, in his prime…

image.jpeg.7e8894e9455417add1eefbdc692b3e63.jpeg
… with (I think) Tommy Gemmell as back up, there.
Now I knew Bobby very well in the eightys, had the pleasure of working/learning from him. From that I was walking behind a limping Peter Godfrey a couple of years ago and I suggested he consulted Bobby to sort it out. He turned around and laughed and told me how Bobby had broken I believe a few ribs of someone he was treating. [emoji1787]

My old man was John Brown, not much of playing career  although was with WBA and Morton for a short spell, never made it though, was a coach from an early age with Partick Thistle end then most of his life in the Juniors. Coached Neilston Juniors,  Johnstone Burgh and was with Dickie Brock at Pollok, Largs & Scotland.
Remember the night I answered the phone and it was Alex Smith asking for him to join him at St Mirren. Spent many times at love street with him. 
Well that answered my question [emoji16]