Sin Bin Motorhome Thread

faraway saint

Since I can't update the original thread this will have to do.

Received an email today informing me that, as things stand, the TV and satellite system no worky.

Now I'm not keen to fork out any additional cash as the satellite system and TV were sold, verbally, in working order.

I'm just contemplating my response. 🙄

Unable tomos box anneldel.

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Deposit, a considerable one, already paid.

That boat's sailed. 

If the wording of the email states, or implies, that you were previously told that it was working, then you should be able to get your deposit back or have the system fixed before you collect it.

17 minutes ago, Slarti said:

If the wording of the email states, or implies, that you were previously told that it was working, then you should be able to get your deposit back or have the system fixed before you collect it.

The wording of the email indicates that the system has just been checked and these issues have came to light.

I would have thought this would have been checked when they received it from the previous owner.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

The wording of the email indicates that the system has just been checked and these issues have came to light.

I would have thought this would have been checked when they received it from the previous owner.

If it was advertised as having it then (in my opinion) you would be right to assume that it is working.  Otherwise they could just stick a new one, still in the box, inside the vehicle and claim that it has one.

Just tell them to fix it before you collect it, as it was obviously priced assuming that it was working.

2 minutes ago, Slarti said:

If it was advertised as having it then (in my opinion) you would be right to assume that it is working.  Otherwise they could just stick a new one, still in the box, inside the vehicle and claim that it has one.

Just tell them to fix it before you collect it, as it was obviously priced assuming that it was working.

That's pretty much how I see it.

They were advertised as part of the items included and, as such, should be in working order. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Everything should have been checked before you handed over your cash

Edited by HSS

6 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Fix it or we get tooled up! 

There are a lot of shysters these days. 

Should have just bought the SNP bus. 

Hope you get sorted. 

Too late, I've got it.  Cost me two packs of Jammie Dodgers and a Greggs sausage roll - I think I was overcharged.

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Received an email today informing me that, as things stand, the TV and satellite system no worky.

Now I'm not keen to fork out any additional cash as the satellite system and TV were sold, verbally, in working order.

After reading, and re-reading the email I received today there is no mention that I would need to pay to sort the issues.

In fact I've just had a phone call from the owner who assures me there will be no cost, the email was just for information purposes, although I had no need to know that there was an issue.

He also informed me a new oven has been fitted as the original was showing signs of wear & tear.

All good for picking it up next Friday.

The next worry is driving the thing and parking it in the driveway. :lol:

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I'm sure @Long John Baldy could have kept us all up to date?

Got a phone call yesterday from their tech guy who explained that as we wanted the TV to work "off grid" as well as when we were "hooked up" at an official camp he'd install a certain type of TV that can work off the leisure battery in the motorhome.

I'm sure this will be one of many things that I wasn't aware of.

He also mentioned I can run my Firestick, including IPTV, depending on the strength of the WIFI signal. :thumbs2

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Got a phone call yesterday from their tech guy who explained that as we wanted the TV to work "off grid" as well as when we were "hooked up" at an official camp he'd install a certain type of TV that can work off the leisure battery in the motorhome.

I'm sure this will be one of many things that I wasn't aware of.

He also mentioned I can run my Firestick, including IPTV, depending on the strength of the WIFI signal. :thumbs2

We’ve taken up Starlink” for Wi-Fi at the cottage and getting 270 Mb of download (which is mental). They do a package for motorhomes, boats etc….£75.00 per month but you’re not in contract and can switch package on and off when your not using it

6 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

We’ve taken up Starlink” for Wi-Fi at the cottage and getting 270 Mb of download (which is mental). They do a package for motorhomes, boats etc….£75.00 per month but you’re not in contract and can switch package on and off when your not using it

£75 a month, sheesh.

Great speed but a bit too rich for my liking mate.

We're planning to use our phones as a hot spot and use our data from them.

Mrs Faraway will sign up for unlimited data from her provider and we'll see how that goes.