And a wee bit of Americana for the weekend:-

1. Devils & Dust – Springsteen

2. I’M Wide Awake, It’s Morning – Bright Eyes

3. American III: Solitary Man – Johnny Cash

4. 12 Gardens – Billy Joel

5. Pretzel Logic – Steely Dan

Hello. Only my 2nd post on here.

1 - 'Rain Dogs' by Tom Waits.

2 - 'The Definitive Collection' by The Blues Brothers.

3 - 'Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV (part 1 - Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness)' by Coheed & Cambria.

4 - 'Nevermind' by Nirvana.

5 - '30 Seconds To Mars' by 30 Seconds To Mars.

Billy Joel's a feckin' great songwriter. Every bugger gets hung up on the pish that was Uptown Girl just the same way every bugger gets hung up on the "Genesis = Phil Collins = 80's ballad pish" pish.

Trust me. I'm well aware that it's not cool to like such an artist but I've never tried to be cool. The Stranger is a great album and I got it at a time when I was blasting my heid aff with the likes of Maiden, Zeppellin, Sabbath and all that tends towards a true heavy metalness. It's still a favourite album and the older I've got the more I realised what some of the lyrics mean, in particular the songs Vienna (enjoy yersel noo an' again, it's no' illegal) & Movin' Out (knock yer pan in tae get a promotion, make money and then drap doon deid afore ye can spend it? Fúck that!).

Honestly, big chap, trust me, trust me, trust me.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Billy Joel's a feckin' great songwriter. Every bugger gets hung up on the pish that was Uptown Girl just the same way every bugger gets hung up on the "Genesis = Phil Collins = 80's ballad pish" pish.

Trust me. I'm well aware that it's not cool to like such an artist but I've never tried to be cool. The Stranger is a great album and I got it at a time when I was blasting my heid aff with the likes of Maiden, Zeppellin, Sabbath and all that tends towards a true heavy metalness. It's still a favourite album and the older I've got the more I realised what some of the lyrics mean, in particular the songs Vienna (enjoy yersel noo an' again, it's no' illegal) & Movin' Out (knock yer pan in tae get a promotion, make money and then drap doon deid afore ye can spend it? Fúck that!).

Honestly, big chap, trust me, trust me, trust me.

No need to get your knickers in a twist now Howard. As of now I'll never say a bad word about Mr. Joel again......................honest :wink: