I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

IronMaiden-LiveAfterDeath.jpg

Just proof of my "Peter Grant" musical taste (ie. very catholic...but not necessarily any good). Cracking live album from 23+ years ago :blink: (I bought my LP in Littlewoods on the High Street as Stereo One had sold out - they had a fecking huge "Eddie" window display).

Edited by Big Fras

And furthermore, despite the fact there are times he suffers from cloth-eared syndrome (well, okay, he doesnae like Rush) I should defend Mickey R’s musical taste as they are nothing if not sometimes rather groovy. Many years back I pilfered a few sounds from his hoose one Sunday afternoon to compile together and these were, in no particular order, as follows:-

(I Don’t Want to go to) Chelsea – Elvis Costello & the Attractions

Silly Thing – Sex Pistols

Tommy Gun – The Clash

Your Silent Face – New Order

Sheila Take a Bow – The Smiths

Happy Hour – The Housemartins

(There Ain’t No) Sanity Clause – The Damned

How Soon is Now? – The Smiths

(I’m Not Your) Stepping Stone – Sex Pistols

Are ‘Friends’ Electric – Tubeway Army

Panic – The Smiths

The Great Rock n’ Roll Swindle – Sex Pistols

Some top tunes there I think some of you will agree.

I'd tend to Substitute . Panic for "Reel Around the Fountain " but apart from that , aye..fine. Oops could take note for the next outing to SMP. :P

IronMaiden-LiveAfterDeath.jpg

Just proof of my "Peter Grant" musical taste (ie. very catholic...but not necessarily any good). Cracking live album from 23+ years ago :blink: (I bought my LP in Littlewoods on the High Street as Stereo One had sold out - they had a fecking huge "Eddie" window display).

Was into Maiden years ago. I remember going to see them at Ayr Pavilion (day after that scumbag Creaney scored a last minute winner against us at Love St).

Support band was Wolfesbane (led by a certain fat c**t called Blaze Bayley) then B Dickinson, N McBrain et al stormed the stage.

Best Maiden track - Phantom Of The Opera (remember the Daley Thompson - Lucozade advert!)

Class!

Listening to 70s Hardcore disco (home made compilation)

Disco Hights/Rock Freak - GQ

Hit and Run - Lolleata Holloway

Back to my roots - Lamont Dozier

Dance with You - Carrie Lucas

AIE A Mwana -Black Blood

The Force Pt 1 & 2 - The droids

Shame - Evelyn champagne King

Whiter shade of pale -Munich Machine

San Fransisco - Village People

Got to be real - Cheryl lyn

Heaven Knows - Donna summer

and many more -outstanding

Listening to 70s Hardcore disco (home made compilation)

Disco Hights/Rock Freak - GQ

Hit and Run - Lolleata Holloway

Back to my roots - Lamont Dozier

Dance with You - Carrie Lucas

AIE A Mwana -Black Blood

The Force Pt 1 & 2 - The droids

Shame - Evelyn champagne King

Whiter shade of pale -Munich Machine

San Fransisco - Village People

Got to be real - Cheryl lyn

Heaven Knows - Donna summer

and many more -outstanding

moustache.jpg

Edited by Big Fras

:lol::lol::lol:

Glad you took it in the spirit it was meant. That sort of stuff is ace, and without it there would be no New Order, and from that no Happy Mondays. Oh dear, my case is failing.

I recall Oasis having a 20 minute 70s disco soundtrack prior to them appearing (albeit briefly) at the Barras in Dec 94. Changed days !

Listening to:

51fQx680MNL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

*cough*splutter* Are you sure your first name isn't Wullie?! :blink:

Dont get that one Greig..unless you are implying that Willy E is a Mission fan..to which the reply is he likes em a smidge..he was more of a Sisters fan..to whom i thought were quite shite...have a wee listen to The Mishes last album God Is A Bullet...brilliant stuff .

Dont get that one Greig..unless you are implying that Willy E is a Mission fan..to which the reply is he likes em a smidge..he was more of a Sisters fan..to whom i thought were quite shite...have a wee listen to The Mishes last album God Is A Bullet...brilliant stuff .

I thought Wullie was a HYOOJ Mission fan. Evidently I thought wrong.

Was always more into The Mish than the Sisters but the songs I liked from the Sisters - Lucretia My Reflection, Temple of Love - I like more than any favourite Mission song. Er...I think. :blink:

Saw The Mission a couple of times and they were bloody good. Especially when All About Eve supported. Ah, the lovely Julianne. :wub:

I thought Wullie was a HYOOJ Mission fan. Evidently I thought wrong.

Was always more into The Mish than the Sisters but the songs I liked from the Sisters - Lucretia My Reflection, Temple of Love - I like more than any favourite Mission song. Er...I think. :blink:

Saw The Mission a couple of times and they were bloody good. Especially when All About Eve supported. Ah, the lovely Julianne. :wub:

Who ..like a good few of the bands i love..will be back with the original line up if rumours are to be believed..