Top Five Karaoke Songs

Bill Lees

Strange as it may seem, though I be ancient, I've never actually sung at one of those great Japanese/West of Scotland institutions, the Karaoke. It hasn't stopped me thinking about it, mind. I reckon you've to pick songs that aren't that musically demanding (natch), but will permit you to " gie it laldy" with impugnity, preferably gettin' the audience to join in. With this in mind, what would be your top five songs ? Gaun yirsel'.......

1. Stand by Your Man.

okay, I'm not talking bum-banditry, here, but isn't this just terrific ?

2. The Wonder of You.

Elvis Las Vegas show-stopper. Nuff said.

3. I'll get back to you with the other three, I've a mental block. Anyway...... (do car. :blink: ry on)_

On the few occaions I have been drunk enough to perform I've gone for rockers like My Generation and Born To Be Wild where the lyrics are almost spoken and my inability to hold a tune isn't too exposed.

I also kinda know the words to these songs and even if my lyrics aren't 100% accurate it's more important to keep up with the flow of the song rather than be singing two bars behind (sic).

I have a confession tho' - I'd love to have the balls to go up and belt out - I Will Survive - altho' perhaps those items preclude me from singing that song! :lol:

1. Pretty Little Angel Eyes- Showaddywaddy

2. Should I Stay or Should I Go- The Clash

3. Cmon Everybody- Eddie Cochran

4. Some Girls- Racey

5. Duke Of Earl- Darts

I have murdered these songs one time or other. My mate Andy on the other hand is brillant doing Axel Rose it would make you boak. Unfortunally he does every song in the guise of Axel Rose :lol: It makes for interesting listening when he sings "Sweet Caroline" in Axel voice :D

Ah well here goes.....

1)Mustang Sally

2) American Pie

3) Handbags & Gladrags

4) Oasis - Sunday Morning Calls

5) Wet Wet Wet - Love Is All Around (or) Robbie - Angels :ph34r:

All sung top quality by myself unless I tried them steaming :lol:  :rolleyes:  :lol:

223897[/snapback]

'Robbie', I'm getting worried about you...........

I didn't fight the punk wars etc.......................