Old Grammarians

aber 87

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody go to Ralston Primary?

We turned up tae play them at Fitba ( I was in the now defunct Amochrie Primary ),and they were aw standing there in blazers and short troosers.All us wee Foxbar scruffs in Parkas were rolling about the place doing the dying fly. :lol::lol::lol:

I went to Ralston.

Scary place, inhabited by big spinsters who hated children, Miss Craig, Miss Boyd etc.

Remember in P 7 we were going on a school trip to London. They wanted us all to wear kilts for the entire trip. None of us wanted to, until they said if we didnt, we'd all have to wear short trousers.

Sadistic bastards.

I went to Ralston.

Scary place, inhabited by big spinsters who hated children, Miss Craig, Miss Boyd etc.

Remember in P 7 we were going on a school trip to London. They wanted us all to wear kilts for the entire trip. None of us wanted to, until they said if we didnt, we'd all have to wear short trousers.

Sadistic bastards.

A feeder shool for the Butty Big School with 'pedo' underertones......................

I have two distinct memories of that basturd....

When I broke my right ankle, left collarbone and bent my spine in a trampoline accident on Friday 13th April 1984 just before my Highers, Corbett told me to my face that I had done it deliberately to avoid sitting exams. I laughed in his face and said if that were true I would have done it after St Mirren had played in the Scottish Cup Semi-Final against C*lt*c and not the night before.

When I took a phone call at my parents home from a former head boy who was in the same year as my sister and he told me "bad news I'm afraid Mr Corbett has passed away" - I told him hang on a minute while I lie down on the floor and proceed to laugh my socks off and then 5 minutes later I told the caller that was the best news I had received in ages!

No way should Corbett have ever been allowed near kids. He hated children.

I cheered when I heard he died too, and normally I wouldn't wish anyone dead. I remember he called me into his office when I was in 5th year, just after the exams. Told me I was a waster and would never amount to anything. And here I am, still living in Paisley and a social worker. He might have been a bastard but at least he was good at seeing into the future :lol:

No way should Corbett have ever been allowed near kids. He hated children.

He hated everyone and everyone hated him. A sadistic, humourless b*st*rd who has left thousands of Paisley youngsters psychologically scarred for life. He ruled that school by terror.

He hated everyone and everyone hated him. A sadistic, humourless b*st*rd who has left thousands of Paisley youngsters psychologically scarred for life. He ruled that school by terror.

Does anybody know what the "Y" in "R.Y. Corbett" stood for ?

Was it Ygor ? :rolleyes:

Does anyone remember a French teacher called Mrs McLaurin at PGS? She hated me, used to pick on me in class and was one of the reasons I still can hardly speak a word of French.

Still, I heard some years later that she'd had a nervous breakdown, so at least the story has a happy ending :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw the PDE, take it that yesterday was last day of exams/school for some young bucks.................

There were 3 pished young lads at the corner or Stanley Rd/Corsbar Dr with their shirts written on and a sign saying 'HONK IF YOU'RE HORNY' yesterday..............

Just saw the PDE, take it that yesterday was last day of exams/school for some young bucks.................

There were 3 pished young lads at the corner or Stanley Rd/Corsbar Dr with their shirts written on and a sign saying 'HONK IF YOU'RE HORNY' yesterday..............

Did you give them a dam good honking? :unsure:

See the Grammar Boys ran riot yesterday.

Not sure what happened but when I woke up this morning, Real Radio was playing and Robin Galloway was talking about Paisley Grammar - and I immediatly went to get dressed so I could go down there, and go 'Renny Hunting' although I then realised it was 7.45 and the clue wasn't on yet

Not sure what they were doing, but when I left 3 years ago a few people were very nearly expelled for their exploits on the last day. Worst I got was getting the shirt signed and then the whole year practically emigrated to Barshaw Park with bottles of Lambrini :wink:

Class 2003 - always the best :)

• 2 weeks later...