Sign in to follow this  
Budmiester

Glasgow Airport Rail Link Scrapped

Stayed at the airport hotel at the weekend for a gig at the Hydro. There is a bus every 15 min into the centre of Glasgow. At midnight it goes hourely , was well impressed. Also when I return from offshore I always get the bus to Gilmour Street or phone a private hire to take me so never find it a problem getting to Paisley.

Find it incredible that this is back on the table so soon after the fiasco of buying up portions of land way above market value and then having to sell them off again at a pittance when the project ground to a halt.

I was firmly in favour of it happening before and hopefully this time it will be completed successfully. Just a shame so much money was wasted previously.

It would probably split in two along the demilitarised Glasgow Road. The Democratic People's Republic of Rawlston on the northern Barshaw Park side and the Republic of Rawlston on the southern Hawkhead Road side. There will be a war and the UN will intervene. The USA will send a bunch of actors to work in the MASH units.

The DPR Rawlston is really just West Penilee

There is a very plausible solution to a practical link from Glasgow city centre to the Airport.

Riverbuses from the Broomielaw to the site of the Old Flying Club on Inchinnan Road.

Lift from Central Station down to Terminal at Broomielaw Quay - Riverbus down the Clyde, turn left into the White Cart after a wee bit of a clean up and dredge - Terminal at site of Old Flying Club - Lift up to Elevated Covered Moving Walkway - 400 Metres and you are in the Airport Terminal Building - SORTED.

Would show some innovation and provide an interesting Gateway to Glasgow City Centre and the Airport.

GET IT SORTED SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT, GLASGOW AIRPORT, RENFREWSHIRE COUNCIL