Steven Pressley - Pot / Kettle; Kettle / Pot

Wilbur

Perhaps he should read the last accounts:

Auditors comment:

Emphasis of matter - Going Concerns

.....The company incurred an operating loss of £379,099....and is projected to incur a significant net loss ofr the year ending 31May 2010. These conditions.....indicate the existence of a material uncertainty which may cast doubt about the compnay's ability to continue as a going concern.

Lets hope he is as bad a manager as he is a reader of financial statments!!

Oh, he is bottom of the table...turns out he is both!

Edited by hotofthepress

Have to agree with the above comments about f'k'rk's previous cheating; however the two quotes from Pressley below are spot on. The sooner player budgets are regulated as part of the sporting regulations the better. We were screwed by this for years - watching clubs in dire financial straits cheat year on year only to sneak into administration. Whilst things have improved slightly we are seeing it all over again with dimdee - however the worst culprits are the OF.

"You can sometimes suffer from it because of others who spend outwith their means by signing players they really cannot afford. They then rack up unsustainable deficits. That is a form of cheating."

"It is similar to athletes taking drugs, although that is an illegal form of cheating while this is a legal form of cheating. They take drugs to enhance their performance while clubs spend money they don't have to enhance their performance. So it is a legal form of cheating."

Steven Pressley is 100% spot on.

He is indeed correct, although i can't recall Pressley refusing his excessive Salary at Tynecastle while the Jambos were building up million of pounds worth of debt.

He is indeed correct, although i can't recall Pressley refusing his excessive Salary at Tynecastle while the Jambos were building up million of pounds worth of debt.

Can't disagree with that at all. Hypocrisy has always been rife in Scottish football.

People have been quick to slate Gilmour and Co on here at times, but at least he has tried to play within the rules and not spend money that the club doesn't have, yet watch the likes of Dundee rack up millions in debt chasing a ridiculous dream by signing the likes of Caniggia, then screw over their creditors by using the CVA card. Then repeat the process under Cammy Melville.

Yes, Falkirk were at it years ago. But in fairness they've eventually got their fingers out and sorted out their affairs with a new stadium (of sorts). Killie, Dundee, Livingston, Dunfermline on the other hand.................................

Never heard it, but apparently Chic Young got stuck into Pressley on the radio. I beleive it went along the lines of listing his clubs, some like Coventry have done exactly what he was bitching about.

Whilst I agree with Pressley, it was clearly a diversionary tactic he learned from Peter Lawstud at porkheid. After every pumping he would and still does come out with some controversial bollox to move the debate on from how shite they are. Looks like it has worked for Pressley this week. I doubt he'll be talking about anything other than the win for the rest of this week.

• 5 years later...