Takeover to be completed next week

div

Fairly typical of the conflicting and negative posts in relation to the CIC. Shameful stuff. The breadth of support for the CIC has not just been proven - it blew the target set by independent bodies right out of the water - independent bodies prepared to back St Mirren supporters with their hard cash. The St Mirren community has made it clear that it wants to take control of the club and the funding bodies have said yes. This is the stuff of dreams and legend and we are privileged to see it happening in our lifetimes. A great time to be a Buddie. Only a miscreant of the highest order could find misery in the success of the CIC process. B)

I apologise.

I didn't realise that 'independent bodies' - (I take it that means 'individuals'?) and 'funding bodies' and 'the StMirren Community' had actually come up with the readies and that the CiC was a genuine palpable runner...?

I must have missed the announcement.:unsure:

I apologise.

I didn't realise that 'independent bodies' - (I take it that means 'individuals'?) and 'funding bodies' and 'the StMirren Community' had actually come up with the readies and that the CiC was a genuine palpable runner...?

I must have missed the announcement.:unsure:

No need to apologise...you have already stated that you couldn't care less whether the CIC happens or not, so your lack of knowledge is understandable. :) Very odd that you post such anger fuelled nonsense on the topic though, when you beleive its a figment of your imagination. :wacko:

You are old, set in your ways, a Lahndahnuhr....jellied eels and mash, and bunting on the Queens burthday are clearly of more interest to you these days. You don't like change, it makes you grumpy, cantankerous and positively prickly. :P

At every stage of this process we have seen target after target thrown up by the CIC-kickers that it wisnae gonnae happen. First it was all about how there would never be 300 fans prepared to pledge....then it was that 300 was not representative.....then it was hmmmm 700+, but they'll no actually complete their direct debit forms......then it was aye, but they'll all chuck it after a year and the CIC will fail. I reckon the CIC-Kickers should all be given a free months membership for doing such a great just in boosting the membership with all their fannytalk. :lol:

Edited by St. Sid

My apologies for anything I have done that may have besmirched the good name of the forum.

Actually that sounds too much like Donald Findlay post-"Masonic-sing-song-gate". I'll resign instead.

A bientot mes amis ;)

fuxake....you should just change your alias to Lazarus. :P

No need to apologise...you have already stated that you couldn't care less whether the CIC happens or not, so your lack of knowledge is understandable. :) Very odd that you post such anger fuelled nonsense on the topic though, when you beleive its a figment of your imagination. :wacko:

Very odd that you can divine anger from me in a banal subject about which I have little interest - and I certainly see no anger in my posts. Disinterest at best. And I have no more lack of knowledge than anyone else. There has been no information to 'know',

You are old, set in your ways, a Lahndahnuhr....jellied eels and mash, and bunting on the Queens burthday are clearly of more interest to you these days. You don't like change, it makes you grumpy, cantankerous and positively prickly. :P

If ageism isn't illegal it's certainly the no-mark of someone devoid of real ammunition.

At every stage of this process we have seen target after target thrown up by the CIC-kickers that it wisnae gonnae happen. First it was all about how there would never be 300 fans prepared to pledge....then it was that 300 was not representative.....then it was hmmmm 700+, but they'll no actually complete their direct debit forms......then it was aye, but they'll all chuck it after a year and the CIC will fail. I reckon the CIC-Kickers should all be given a free months membership for doing such a great just in boosting the membership with all their fannytalk. :lol:

I admire your invention of the alliterative CiC-kickers, but I worry about your need to invent such a species. (As sane as inventing an anti-CiC demo which, unsurprisingly, you didn't get off the ground.:blink: )

Most Buddies don't give a toss. SomeBuddies will be buying into it. One or two have questions and are still seeking answers, then there's you - the self-elected Cic-Messiah... but admittedly and undeniably the forum expert at fannytalk. In that, I yield to your expertise.

ETA: You didn't answer the question. Had I missed the announcement that all was hunky dory?

Edited by bluto

Having collected my dummy from the pram I am delighted that the cic is finaly going ahead. I did not expect the revoloution on the park this season to be as great as it is now having witnessed the last 3 games. The signings of Thompson,Teale and Hasselbank gave us great heart but the football produced has been sublime. The end game for us has to be more people attending games and a bigger player buget to keep our momentum going. I have no doubts the cic is the only way we can acheive this and the first priority must be to get Danny Lennon on a 5 year contract. This can not only be a very special year but a year that makes us a genuine force in football for ever.

:o

Glad to hear that you are back on board Buddie! However, pick a side and stick to it FFS!!! :blink:

:o

Glad to hear that you are back on board Buddie! However, pick a side and stick to it FFS!!! :blink:

Yea I can understand your post and accept it 100% but I have never been against the CIC, only the funding bodies time scales and lack of information. I have had dealings with them in the past at a much lower level and I have to accept now that my rants were out of order as we procede towards St Mirren becoming a CIC. My true fear was that relegation would damage the embryo at birth and all it had to offer would be lost. I could not have been more wrong as Danny Lennon has given us a real reason to believe in the team before the CIC takes control. The CIC will take us to a new level by delivering a sustainable income which will allow us to both keep players and attract new ones. There is one important thing to remember in all of this and it is the fact that the funding bodies will gain a massive resource for a fraction of the price they would normaly have to invest in. We are in a win/win situation but never forget the value of the deal to the state.

This CiC is the only credible deal in town. Love it or loathe it , the proposed deal is the reality involved in moving on the 52% ers...............

Lets see where we are a year from now, meantime , what's most important...........................supporting the team , our team St Mirren FC , the team from Paisley that SG et al ensured had a positive and fundamentally viable future.

Surely St Mirren fans can concentrate on single tasking , supporting OUR club. Lets leave the semantics, the idle speculation and the whatsinaname bollox for fat pedants or those in need of an ego rub or a pissin contest

Cumoantaefuc people, we are on the cusp of some possible decent happenings...............smile.gif

This CiC is the only credible deal in town. Love it or loathe it , the proposed deal is the reality involved in moving on the 52% ers...............

Lets see where we are a year from now, meantime , what's most important...........................supporting the team , our team St Mirren FC , the team from Paisley that SG et al ensured had a positive and fundamentally viable future.

Surely St Mirren fans can concentrate on single tasking , supporting OUR club. Lets leave the semantics, the idle speculation and the whatsinaname bollox for fat pedants or those in need of an ego rub or a pissin contest

Cumoantaefuc people, we are on the cusp of some possible decent happenings...............smile.gif

Can we copy Glee then Seaside? and sing "We are all in this together" at our next game?

:lol:

4pm in 2011...?

Dunno Bud...last time I caught up with REA was at the home strip launch and it was pretty much a "how's it going?" chat. There is no doubt in my mind that the CIC is going ahead so I don't feel the need to haunt him about it. Team is playing out of its skin. Wee Danny is looking like the managerial genius of this new era for Scottish football. All is tickety-boo at the club with lots of good stuff happening. Would be great if it all happens this week. It will happen when it happens and our already miraculous preformances and buzz about the place will pretty much go through the roof. If Guinness did football club takeovers. Plus miscreants like Bluto get to spin in the wind a wee while longer. :P

I've seen a couple of tweets today that suggest that the takeover of the club will be completed next week.

I'm just back from 2 weeks in the sun so totally out of the loop. Anyone else heard the same ? :unsure:

So time to name the sources of the tweets.

One of the most annoying things about politicians in the last 15 years has been the tendency to trail news more in hope than in expectation so that people think something is happenning when in fact excuses are being made

Do you think that 10000 hours are using the same tactics as the takeover juggernaut encounters some swampy terrain?

So time to name the sources of the tweets.

One of the most annoying things about politicians in the last 15 years has been the tendency to trail news more in hope than in expectation so that people think something is happenning when in fact excuses are being made

Do you think that 10000 hours are using the same tactics as the takeover juggernaut encounters some swampy terrain?

Press conference 4pm. B)

Great news the cic is finaly going ahead. My personal view has always been that this is a great idea and my anger has always been directed at the funding bodies who take an eternity to make a decision. However that is not a reason to doubt the integrity of REA and the long journey he has been on(I'm not sure any one else would have prevailed). My £10 per month goes into the pot with the confidence of helping the club and I need nothing in return.

Great news the cic is finaly going ahead. My personal view has always been that this is a great idea and my anger has always been directed at the funding bodies who take an eternity to make a decision. However that is not a reason to doubt the integrity of REA and the long journey he has been on(I'm not sure any one else would have prevailed). My £10 per month goes into the pot with the confidence of helping the club and I need nothing in return.

Fantastic news. The CIC is a great prospect in the long term but for now I for one am loving the football. Came away from the Motherwell game gutted but also pleased at the performance from the team which over rules everything.

These are fantastic times :)

Fantastic news. The CIC is a great prospect in the long term but for now I for one am loving the football. Came away from the Motherwell game gutted but also pleased at the performance from the team which over rules everything.

Has there been some sort of development? Or has it been completed? :unsure:

Fantastic is just the begining. Once the cic takes over we could be challenging for 3rd. You need to bring 2 people who don't normally come to New St Mirren Park at the next home game against C*ltic to remain a Lochwinnoch Saint.

Edited by reborn saint