Is the CIC dead?

BLF

He's possibly trying to use his involvement with St Mirren to do a bit of networking for the Maxi Group, nowt wrong with that.

Nice to see you regognise the advantage of his role and take no umbrage with it. Maxi group can gain new contacts throuh St Mirren and the whole idea was the signed up Business community could do the same.

Nice to see you regognise the advantage of his role and take no umbrage with it. Maxi group can gain new contacts throuh St Mirren and the whole idea was the signed up Business community could do the same.

I've never had any problem with Richard Atkinson or his involvement with SMFC, my gripe was with his initial CIC proposal which paid mere lip service to the idea of fan involvement. Thankfully that proposal has now been binned.

I've never had any problem with Richard Atkinson or his involvement with SMFC, my gripe was with his initial CIC proposal which paid mere lip service to the idea of fan involvement. Thankfully that proposal has now been binned.

well it's old ground but the first one worked as regards to what you get. The second gave you nothing in regards to amount of investment and was dead from the start. ....maybe both were flawed but the first came close and the second didn't stand a chance.

Reborn Saint must be on his dabs.

As you are unable to take part in a serious debate would you please F*ck off and haunt the rumourmill for your fictitious Australian/ African non existent signings. Your record of being right about anything on here is truley abysmal. You have no inside knowlege like Div ....So please continue to post as a unknowing knob like the rest of us but try to understand you know f*ck all about anything.

As you are unable to take part in a serious debate would you please F*ck off and haunt the rumourmill for your fictitious Australian/ African non existent signings. Your record of being right about anything on here is truley abysmal. You have no inside knowlege like Div ....So please continue to post as a unknowing knob like the rest of us but try to understand you know f*ck all about anything.

Yup, defo on his dabs. lol.gif

I don't realy like pm's so I can only ask Div on here .....Did Richard Atkinson say he was willing to stake £500K or not?

RS - the transcript of the meeting is http://10000hours.org/live

There is a line in there about Richard committing to put "a substantial amount of money" in to the bid but from my memory the figure I remember quoted was £50k not £500k.

I've got to admit I'm a bit frustrated with the whole thing though. REA said the time had come for him to take a back seat and let St Mirren fans drive the bid on. There was an initial burst of activity which had limited results and since then everything seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. I made a suggestion - I couldn't set it up myself as it had to be someone running the bid - but that didn't seem to happen in the end either despite messages from REA that they were looking into it and that it would be up and running soon.

I still maintain that for the Community bid to gain traction again it would need to change the target from fans of the club to local community organisations and that the only way to do that is to agree incentives and to press ahead. You'd need to sell the benefits fo community ownership to those groups with examples of how it will benefit them directly. Maybe the guys like Richard and others running the bid are pursuing an alternative route with either politicians or with the likes of Ken McGeogh and that might explain the need for "radio silence" again but it does disappoint me that once again it appears to have retreated back to the level of just a handful of people being expected to do all the work.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

RS - the transcript of the meeting is http://10000hours.org/live

There is a line in there about Richard committing to put "a substantial amount of money" in to the bid but from my memory the figure I remember quoted was £50k not £500k.

I've got to admit I'm a bit frustrated with the whole thing though. REA said the time had come for him to take a back seat and let St Mirren fans drive the bid on. There was an initial burst of activity which had limited results and since then everything seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. I made a suggestion - I couldn't set it up myself as it had to be someone running the bid - but that didn't seem to happen in the end either despite messages from REA that they were looking into it and that it would be up and running soon.

I still maintain that for the Community bid to gain traction again it would need to change the target from fans of the club to local community organisations and that the only way to do that is to agree incentives and to press ahead. You'd need to sell the benefits fo community ownership to those groups with examples of how it will benefit them directly. Maybe the guys like Richard and others running the bid are pursuing an alternative route with either politicians or with the likes of Ken McGeogh and that might explain the need for "radio silence" again but it does disappoint me that once again it appears to have retreated back to the level of just a handful of people being expected to do all the work.

I know you were there Stuart and the quote from Richard is not in the transcript. It was a throwaway statement in mid flow but he said it. It followed on with the fact he was told he could not put that sum of money in for a community purchase. I understand why you missed it but he said it. Why not ask him then post back on here?

I know you were there Stuart and the quote from Richard is not in the transcript. It was a throwaway statement in mid flow but he said it. It followed on with the fact he was told he could not put that sum of money in for a community purchase. I understand why you missed it but he said it. Why not ask him then post back on here?

He doesn't talk to me any more than he talks to you Reborn - why not ask him yourself?

I'm not sure what difference it makes anyway. I'd still like to see the takeover go through. I'm still interested in seeing senior clubs become community owned and I'd love to see the day where those community clubs recognise that the way to be properly structured is to share resources with the community. They've certainly got skill and assets St Mirren could use even if the traditional structure of the club doesn't recognise it - but that it's also important that the share goes both ways rather than the usual senior football club simply being the predator.

From what I remember, he was referring to a hypothetical £500,000 that he could put into the Co-op but couldn't due to clash of interest. He seemed to use this figure as that was roughly the extra funding that had to be found but at no point did he say "I have £500g sitting there ready to pump into St. Mirren".

To me it was a way of trying to get more people to sign up and become active rather than just letting the people with real money put in the effort and get on with it.

Never mind the bollocks Sid ...can you post why you think REA is still there and what will be the outcome of any future takeover?.....while dealing with your obvious immaturity there is a serious point here.

Here's your initial quote firing up this thread again:

Richard Atkinson is in contract talks to buy the club. £500,000 of his own money has been set aside to make a consortium deal possible.

You posted bollox and when called on it you let your bloody minge get the better of you.

There is no longer any controversy to be had out of 10,000hrs. v1.1 is widely accepted as the right way forward for the club. That's why this section of the forum is tumbleweed along with the 10,000hrs forum. The debate is over and it is now time to let the negotiations run their course.

Here's your initial quote firing up this thread again:

You posted bollox and when called on it you let your bloody minge get the better of you.

There is no longer any controversy to be had out of 10,000hrs. v1.1 is widely accepted as the right way forward for the club. That's why this section of the forum is tumbleweed along with the 10,000hrs forum. The debate is over and it is now time to let the negotiations run their course.

v1.0?.....v1.1?......I've always thought blood was more important than shite1eye.gif

I don't have a clue what's going on but late last year Richard came in for a lot of stick for the deafening silence about what was going on. It was a PR disaster and it seems he is still leaving St.Mirren fans in the dark. Possibly all those who signed up to deal Mark 1 are being kept in the picture- I don't know. I accept that confidentiality may be a problem but if I was in his position I would be issuing regular communications even if they had to be pretty bland statements. I wonder if the attitude is that the fans can bloody well wait until it suits Richard.

Sid appears to be Richard's only groupie and he hints at insider knowledge- not only about the CIC. But he's saying nothing either. He'd probably have to kill us if he told us.

Richard is a director of the club and he surely owes the fans a bit of respect. Even tell us if it is proceeding and If he still thinks it will work. At the minute it looks like another PR disaster in the making.

I don't have a clue what's going on but late last year Richard came in for a lot of stick for the deafening silence about what was going on. It was a PR disaster and it seems he is still leaving St.Mirren fans in the dark. Possibly all those who signed up to deal Mark 1 are being kept in the picture- I don't know. I accept that confidentiality may be a problem but if I was in his position I would be issuing regular communications even if they had to be pretty bland statements. I wonder if the attitude is that the fans can bloody well wait until it suits Richard.

Sid appears to be Richard's only groupie and he hints at insider knowledge- not only about the CIC. But he's saying nothing either. He'd probably have to kill us if he told us.

Richard is a director of the club and he surely owes the fans a bit of respect. Even tell us if it is proceeding and If he still thinks it will work. At the minute it looks like another PR disaster in the making.

Ken McGeoch is also a director of the club and said to be interested in buying the club and has refused all interviews about his interest in the club and apparently didn't even show up for the AGM in December either. RA has at least done several interviews with the media and held a number of public meetings where he outlined his plans and took questions from the floor.

Ken McGeoch is also a director of the club and said to be interested in buying the club and has refused all interviews about his interest in the club and apparently didn't even show up for the AGM in December either. RA has at least done several interviews with the media and held a number of public meetings where he outlined his plans and took questions from the floor.

Yep, I agree with that. I know it's down to the nature of the bid but he's probably been more open and honest with those interested in the proposal than anyone else who has ever been involved in a long drawn out takeover negotiation for a football club.

Rick - I signed up for Mark 1 and I've not been getting any special newsletters or e-mails. The only additional contact I've had with Richard since the start of the bid process was that he phoned me circa April / May time after I posted on this forum expressing a bit of disappointment having seen the initial proposal and having made a suggestion as to how I had hoped it would work. Then he phoned me again in June after i'd been to a Sports Enterprise Network conference in Stirling that he didn't get to. We've also exchanged a few e-mails talking about juvenile football and whether going down the charity route or the Community Sports Club route would be the best way for our club - but beyond that I'm in the same position as everyone else.

The thing is though what is he supposed to say? Richard said at the meeting it was time for him to pull back and let the support take a more active part. Apart from the likes of KTF, Pozbaird and the other guys who distributed fliers just before Christmas, how many of us have actually done something to help raise funds or to progress the bid? And even if there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, politically and in a business sense, what is he supposed to say in a newsletter? "Hi - I'm still here talking to people. Wish me luck"

Yep, I agree with that. I know it's down to the nature of the bid but he's probably been more open and honest with those interested in the proposal than anyone else who has ever been involved in a long drawn out takeover negotiation for a football club.

Rick - I signed up for Mark 1 and I've not been getting any special newsletters or e-mails. The only additional contact I've had with Richard since the start of the bid process was that he phoned me circa April / May time after I posted on this forum expressing a bit of disappointment having seen the initial proposal and having made a suggestion as to how I had hoped it would work. Then he phoned me again in June after i'd been to a Sports Enterprise Network conference in Stirling that he didn't get to. We've also exchanged a few e-mails talking about juvenile football and whether going down the charity route or the Community Sports Club route would be the best way for our club - but beyond that I'm in the same position as everyone else.

The thing is though what is he supposed to say? Richard said at the meeting it was time for him to pull back and let the support take a more active part. Apart from the likes of KTF, Pozbaird and the other guys who distributed fliers just before Christmas, how many of us have actually done something to help raise funds or to progress the bid? And even if there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, politically and in a business sense, what is he supposed to say in a newsletter? "Hi - I'm still here talking to people. Wish me luck"

He might not need to now that these few posts have appeared but I do think that something along the lines of what you say is damned near enough. Maybe on the first of every month or some such he could say something. When did the first one expire? Must be nearly three months ago. I think the lack of communication last time was unhelpful to his cause and he shouldn't make the same mistake again. I remember the comment about letting fans take more of a role but is anyone doing anything? If it's apathy, it will die.

Is Ken McGeochs bid for the club ,the same as the one that involves the guy that tried to takeover Gretna?

I have no additional information on CIC v1.1's progress from the lips of Richie Rich. I could ask if I wanted; however it seems brutally obvious that the consortium are backing the REA strategy to its successful conclusion. It is nothing more than a matter of time. The club is ticking along nicely in the interim.

I know that REA is checking the 10,000hrs forum; however it is hardly a hotbed of controversy at the moment, other than Reidy87 still trying to shift those oddly coloured scarves. tongue.png

Edited by St. Sid

Is Ken trying to buy the club with your money?

Slight difference me thinks.…