10000Hours Online Direct Debits Live

div

Guest TPAFKATS

Great meeting tonight, But now the i'll wait and see time is over, either own the club ourselfs, or it goes to greedy bastards who want to asset strip the club get signed up,YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU

http://www.10000hours.org/directdebit make ur pledge here

I guess you bought right into SG's line about buy from me or I sell it to Johnny Foreigner before the new season starts.

I guess you bought right into SG's line about buy from me or I sell it to Johnny Foreigner before the new season starts.

Don't think that is bull to be honest, but I'd expect the other bidders to surely go public with their plans now ?

Guest TPAFKATS

Well he's always said he wont sell unless its in the clubs best interest, so nothing to worry about with regards greedy bastards or asset strippers...

Well he's always said he wont sell unless its in the clubs best interest, so nothing to worry about with regards greedy bastards or asset strippers...

Indeed but once the shares are sold he won't be able to stop that from happening if he has been "duped" ?

It was intimated tonight that the consortium had given up on finding a safe pair of ST Mirren hands to sell to, if its not the CIC then they will consider other bids. Basically they are feed up waiting. Its now or never guys.

I'm in.

Edited by ADMITCHELL

I dont like the idea of some stranger riding into town and taking over our club etc etc etc etc etc etc

I'll read the Herald article with interest, but I agree with you, this development concerns me.

I remain sceptical about the 'bids', but I'm uneasy about the notion that the consortium will be selling before the new season starts regardless.

It was intimated tonight that the consortium had given up on finding a safe pair of ST Mirren hands to sell to, if its not the CIC then they will consider other bids. Basically they are feed up waiting. Its now or never guys.

I'm in.

Are the consortium trying to force the collective hand, though?

Not sure what to make of this, but I'm equally unsure whether I'm willing to sit by while some dodgy shitehawk strolls in and buys the majority shareholding.

i reckon I'm almost certainly in too.

Edited by Drew

If they are that desperate to sell will KMcG put in another offer???

He's probably already on the phone to Ticketus! Seriously, how much of an arse of things did he have to make in order to destroy any credibility he had. We have around 2,000 season ticket holders and he considered mortgaging that figure for future years, clueless!

I was pretty underwhelmed by the meeting. I had hoped for addtional information; however it was pretty much the same sales pitch I have sat through a number of times. The detail I'd hoped we'd see never transpired.

It was pretty much a case of you need to act now, the consortium will sell to a bidder - no details available on who the bidders are or the nature of the bids - that information won't be in the article tomorrow - just confirmation of two bids from SG.

The finance slide, which I believe Div has made available online had even less info than the FAQ response and there was a fair bit of waffling when some chap who I don't think was from SMiSA questioned it.

The challenge to all fans at the end was to get out and convince everyone you know. Saddens me to say it, but as much as I'd like to convince myself that this will work it all sounds half-baked. The main element I would like to be convinced about is the financial side. The final appeal from REA related to get your friends signed up, if they do they're only risking £50 - I don't think anyone is worried about risking £50 - it is all about the club.

If it all looks okay after a few months and I can actually see how the CIC performs against the debt then I will sign up to help get rid of the debt faster.

Genuinely hope it works out, but not prepared to sign up to something that could put the club at risk. The club's future is not mine to gamble with.

Good point Drew, but can we take the risk.I for one don't want to gamble the future of our club on the hope that the next owners are 'good guys'

Tony,

I think after recent events Ken would be top of the short list of people not to sell too.

Guest TPAFKATS

He's probably already on the phone to Ticketus! Seriously, how much of an arse of things did he have to make in order to destroy any credibility he had. We have around 2,000 season ticket holders and he considered mortgaging that figure for future years, clueless!

Has this been definitely proven yet? unsure.png

So does the CiC / Co-Op thingy that is being proposed not involve a long term loan (or mortgage) over many years? unsure.png

"We'll only sell to someone who appears to have the best interests of St.Mirren FC at heart" - unfortunately, now appearing to be utter horsh*te .

"We'll sell to the highest bidder, who right now seems to be the CiC, but we need to force their hand to see if they have the dough" - more accurate translation.

I'm at the stage of being beyond caring who runs the club. Just seems to be lies, innuendo, "spin", u-turns, and personal agendas at every turn.

The fact that I am writing the following words worries me to the core. (Well, until the next B&H pops up):

"In the last 7 days or so, Sid has actually made some very valid points, although I don't agree with them all, and it was a shame that he wasn't given the chance to do a one-on-one Q&A with 10,000 Hours for the benefit of the audience/twitter followers"

I need a drink sad.png

Guest TPAFKATS

Good point Drew, but can we take the risk.I for one don't want to gamble the future of our club on the hope that the next owners are 'good guys'

Tony,

I think after recent events Ken would be top of the short list of people not to sell too.

I wasnt suggesting they should sell to him or even that he would be back.

Guest TPAFKATS

"We'll only sell to someone who appears to have the best interests of St.Mirren FC at heart" - unfortunately, now appearing to be utter horsh*te .

"We'll sell to the highest bidder, who right now seems to be the CiC, but we need to force their hand to see if they have the dough" - more accurate translation.

I'm at the stage of being beyond caring who runs the club. Just seems to be lies, innuendo, "spin", u-turns, and personal agendas at every turn.

The fact that I am writing the following words worries me to the core. (Well, until the next B&H pops up):

"In the last 7 days or so, Sid has actually made some very valid points, although I don't agree with them all, and it was a shame that he wasn't given the chance to do a one-on-one Q&A with 10,000 Hours for the benefit of the audience/twitter followers"

I need a drink sad.png

Agree with most of that Fras.

Dont worry about Sid though, he is due to flip flop by the start of next week wink.png

Agree with most of that Fras.

Dont worry about Sid though, he is due to flip flop by the start of next week wink.png

I was swithering on whether to support the happy clappy mob moving forward as they really have got their hopes up about the CIC. I'm not overly comfortable with that though as I'm not convinced myself - with the deadline I think you need to make a personal choice based on your own understanding.

The happy clappy mob will be all over this trying to get people to sign up because they believe it is the best thing for the club. I don't think they have the information available at the moment to allow them to do that and are acting on emotion rather than balance of opinion on real facts. That being said I won't be trying to talk anyone out of it either.

There is a deadline and people need to make their own minds up now.

I was pretty underwhelmed by the meeting. I had hoped for addtional information; however it was pretty much the same sales pitch I have sat through a number of times. The detail I'd hoped we'd see never transpired.

It was pretty much a case of you need to act now, the consortium will sell to a bidder - no details available on who the bidders are or the nature of the bids - that information won't be in the article tomorrow - just confirmation of two bids from SG.

The finance slide, which I believe Div has made available online had even less info than the FAQ response and there was a fair bit of waffling when some chap who I don't think was from SMiSA questioned it.

The challenge to all fans at the end was to get out and convince everyone you know. Saddens me to say it, but as much as I'd like to convince myself that this will work it all sounds half-baked. The main element I would like to be convinced about is the financial side. The final appeal from REA related to get your friends signed up, if they do they're only risking £50 - I don't think anyone is worried about risking £50 - it is all about the club.

If it all looks okay after a few months and I can actually see how the CIC performs against the debt then I will sign up to help get rid of the debt faster.

Genuinely hope it works out, but not prepared to sign up to something that could put the club at risk. The club's future is not mine to gamble with.

the risk to the club is not signing up,

I need a drink sad.png

Fraser, seriously, were you ever taken in by that shite? The consortium was always going to sell to the highest bidder, and I reckon the desperation to shift the shares ASAP is because of the financial uncertainty surrounding the SPL and the whole Newco Rangers stuff anyway. There is a real possibility that the SFA could suspend Rangers membership next week, and if they do it could have massive financial implications for St Mirren FC - it certainly would have massive implications in terms of the value of the 52% shareholding within the club.

The two bids - if they exist - could be absolutely anything. It could be a muiti billionaire Arab sheik coming in with a desire to make St Mirren European Champions Cup Winners in the next 3 years, or it could be someone fronting for a possible Rangers Newco option in the style of Airdrie United, just incase they need it. However one thing is crystal clear - the fans comfort blanket - Gilmour - won't be in charge for much longer.

10000hours is what it is. It looks like a good idea to me. The business model has worked well elsewhere in Scotland and across Europe. I know they've probably got more intelligent fans than St Mirren but I don't think that's a factor here. Where fans are at now is they either back something that has been explained to them, or they don't and they take their chance with whomever the consortium chooses to sell too. There's no wrong answer. As Sid says it's a personal choice. Good luck.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Fraser, seriously, were you ever taken in by that shite? The consortium was always going to sell to the highest bidder, and I reckon the desperation to shift the shares ASAP is because of the financial uncertainty surrounding the SPL and the whole Newco Rangers stuff anyway. There is a real possibility that the SFA could suspend Rangers membership next week, and if they do it could have massive financial implications for St Mirren FC - it certainly would have massive implications in terms of the value of the 52% shareholding within the club.

The two bids - if they exist - could be absolutely anything. It could be a muiti billionaire Arab sheik coming in with a desire to make St Mirren European Champions Cup Winners in the next 3 years, or it could be someone fronting for a possible Rangers Newco option in the style of Airdrie United, just incase they need it. However one thing is crystal clear - the fans comfort blanket - Gilmour - won't be in charge for much longer.

10000hours is what it is. It looks like a good idea to me. The business model has worked well elsewhere in Scotland and across Europe. I know they've probably got more intelligent fans than St Mirren but I don't think that's a factor here. Where fans are at now is they either back something that has been explained to them, or they don't and they take their chance with whomever the consortium chooses to sell too. There's no wrong answer. As Sid says it's a personal choice. Good luck.

FFS i agree with Dicko, im off for a lie doonsnore.gif

the risk to the club is not signing up,

One risk doesn't nullify another risk Bud. Like I say, it is decision time now. I am not going to try and talk anyone one out of singing up. The consortium / 10000 Hours have put a deadline in place and fans need to decide what is best for them. Fans are not responsible for the deadline. However, we will be forced to decide one way or another as a result of it. Not a time to be ramming views down people's throats. It one thing drumming up interest, a very different thing trying to influence such an important decision for the club's future. The CIC might be great it might not - but no one should be making decisions for other people at this point.

Let people make their own minds up based on the information available to them.