Looking To Move To Paisley For A Year Or Two

stefan101

Looking to move to paisley for a few years, GF wants to be closer to family, got a job there etc. I need to travel to Glasgow every day so I need to be close to the train station but I don't know the area so was looking if anyone can give me some advise on some nice parts to live in? Seen a very large flat in townhead terrace, right next to the uni which seemed really nice but wasn't sure of the area. Is it nice there?

Cheers!

Looking to move to paisley for a few years, GF wants to be closer to family, got a job there etc. I need to travel to Glasgow every day so I need to be close to the train station but I don't know the area so was looking if anyone can give me some advise on some nice parts to live in? Seen a very large flat in townhead terrace, right next to the uni which seemed really nice but wasn't sure of the area. Is it nice there?

Cheers!

Too near santaponsa saint....

Cheers!

I own a property round the corner from Townhead.Good enough area mate,I've never had any problems.

Safe enough to walk from the station late at night etc? Expecting a lot of late night in glasgow due to work, uni etc.

Cheers

Yes mate,I've had the property since 1990 and can't think of anything that's happened.Saying that....things can happen anytime,anywhere.

Walking up the high street (pedestrianised so no cars passing) late is a bit scary on Friday Saturday and Also Mr Kebab seems to be fight magnet. But if you walk over Oakshaw and you should be ok. (Neds don't walk up hills).

What a lot of pish.And Mr Kebab is not even on the route.

Cheers!

Nice parts to live in? In Paisley? You f**king mental? That's like asking what cell at Barlinnie is the nicest

Walking up the high street (pedestrianised so no cars passing) late is a bit scary on Friday Saturday and Also Mr Kebab seems to be fight magnet. But if you walk over Oakshaw and you should be ok. (Neds don't walk up hills).

They don't walk up hills, but when my mate lived at Oakshaw what was very apparent was that junkies obviously flew up them and then landed in the gutters and the doorways. That walk up from the train station was a f**king nightmare

Ignore this.

Walk up the high street with loads of CCTV and lights.

You're ok where you're looking at, wouldn't fancy staying a few hundred yards further up the road towards West End though., just my opinion.

If you are looking a cheap option apparently there's a watertight dome very close to St. Mirren Parrk that is a complete waste of money. Easy access to St. James Station. I'm sure the club would let you bunk down there for small fee at night. It is almost never used we are told on complete authority tongue.png

They don't walk up hills, but when my mate lived at Oakshaw what was very apparent was that junkies obviously flew up them and then landed in the gutters and the doorways. That walk up from the train station was a f**king nightmare

You almost had us up till there.

Ignore this.

You're ok where you're looking at, wouldn't fancy staying a few hundred yards further up the road towards West End though., just my opinion.

Dave the high street is badly lit at night and is a bit scarey. I would not like my Mrs to be walking along there late, I know if you're used to it t is different. But if you're not from town you might find it a bit intimidating.

Ignore this.

I'm loving the fact that you would post telling the OP that the area he is looking at is good cause it has loads of CCTV and lights. thumbup2.gif

Showing your class with that post.......best laugh I've had for ages on here lol.gif ....neds don't do hills!

Yeah , like theres a f**kin MRS dickson !! tongue.png Hilarious ! laugh.png

Actually Mrs Dickson is probably the only thing that would intimidate a stranger walking around our cul-du-sac of a night time. It's not the first time she's looked out of the window with all that shit she puts on her face at night and scared the f**k out of some poor unsuspecting passer by.