The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not much to be confused about my argumentative forum chum.

Anyone who votes to deny the people of Scotland the right of self governance will be a traitor to the Scottish people.

No ifs, buts or maybes. No voters are traitors and are deliberately voting against the best interests of the Scottish people.

Whether we have 51% traitors or 49% traitors remains to be seen but every cross in the box for no represents a gutless traitor in our midst.

Do not let yourselves down on Thursday, hold your head high and say "I voted yes because I believe in my nation".

If Yes had come even close to explaining to anyone that their agenda was 'in the best interests of Scotland' as you say, they and you might have a case. They have failed miserably but because Scotland has a high percent of deluded voters who were going to vote Yes come hell or high water and nothing would persuade them otherwise, they still have an outside chance. A very slim one. 'No voters are traitors'. A really disgraceful statement.

Guest TPAFKATS

EE and Vodaphone are just getting rid of a High Street middle man who competes with their own shops.

Remember EE added Orange to their T-Mobile set up and that would have given them a presence on some High Streets where they didn't have one. It also gave them two shops in the same High Street in many paces.

I would think EE and Vodaphone will do more online business as each year passes. This will take business away from their own High Street branches.

Eventually, if the costs of a High Street presence increase, increases in retail business rates, energy prices, and wages, then mobile companies will come down to a few retail outlets in major retail positions.

indeed my daughter who works weekends in an EE branch told me of an "Online Only Offer" which I moved to. Doesn't help targets that branches all have, but does stop customers moving to another mobile provider. If "brand loyalty" continues it is likely an increasing amount of business will be done online.

Online, they can have staff sitting in out of town office space answering phones, or perhaps in some cases sitting working from home.

Cut costs and increase profitability.

I'm sure thats all well and good, if you've shares in EE or Vodafone.

Or is it an example of bigger not being better ;-)

Edited by TPAFKATS

Guest TPAFKATS

So traitor bad comment. Nazi good comment?

Not sure who that is directed at Tony, however personally speaking I haven't and wouldn't use either.

'No voters are traitors'. A really disgraceful statement.

Do you want me to add the nazi quotes? The post could get rather long...

I would like to know if anyone is still a "don't know"?

I don't know what way it will go ! ! But I'm excited by it. Daily politics BBC lunch time Lord Reid interrupted to presenter to say when Alex Salmond talks of Westminster he means the English make no mistake about that. He sounds a desperate man and that comment was out of order.

Do you want me to add the nazi quotes? The post could get rather long...

What are you on about ,Tony? I've never used the term Nazi or Natsi directing it at anyone. I mentioned the words once when I was basically agreeing that it was a bit OTT but hell, we were talking about Studick. Not the world in general. You're definitely getting a bit touchy , Tony. Sure you're not nervous?

Guest TPAFKATS

Tony, with respect, I'll repeat, I have never used that term. So please don't quote me if you want to make a point about others.

Fair enough. Don't answer my posts that are directed, by your own explanation at others then...

Do you find that wearing a brown shirt suits your attitude to your fellow countryman?

Or perhaps you still have your black shirt from the 1930s.

Guest TPAFKATS

What are you on about ,Tony? I've never used the term Nazi or Natsi directing it at anyone. I mentioned the words once when I was basically agreeing that it was a bit OTT but hell, we were talking about Studick. Not the world in general. You're definitely getting a bit touchy , Tony. Sure you're not nervous?

Thought it was obvious. Sorry.

Just trying to establish what the trigger words are for the BAWA terribly offended. It looks as though 1 post of traitor does it, but does the liberal nazi references by multiple users?

Thought it was obvious. Sorry.

Just trying to establish what the trigger words are for the BAWA terribly offended. It looks as though 1 post of traitor does it, but does the liberal nazi references by multiple users?

I think that's unfair. Can we take it you agree with Tedious that all No voters are traitors to their country? I've never defended anybody that called you or anyone else Natsi or whatever. Studick is big enough and ugly enough to defend himself. All I'll say is that I'm not crying over it and in fact I'm not greatly offended because it is utter shite but still a ridiculous thing to say about probably the majority of your countrymen and women. By the way, how many is multiple?

Guest TPAFKATS

Rick, Multiple is more than one. You mentioned the wishaw wankbag, I've quoted another and their are others who've taken the Nazi approach.

Why would you assume I agree or disagree with Tom? I'm simply trying to establish what are the offensive terms. Personally I find it strange that the Jim Murphy's of this world get SO offended by being called a traitor.

You say you're not offended or crying about it, you're posts suggest otherwise :-)

Edited by TPAFKATS

Guest TPAFKATS

Come on, ts, the use of the word "traitor" is wrong, as is the "Natsi" thing. Let's not descend to that level.

I'm not descending to any level. I dont think the traitor line is helpful, however it's laughable that those who make/agree/like the nazi posts are posting their outrage at it.

It's actually pretty typical of the whole naw approach. Must be a daily mail thing...

I'm not descending to any level. I dont think the traitor line is helpful, however it's laughable that those who make/agree/like the nazi posts are posting their outrage at it.

It's actually pretty typical of the whole naw approach. Must be a daily mail thing...

Until today,Tony I had always thought you were a very honest though misguided poster so far as the referendum was concerned. I'm beginning to wonder now. I don't like the traitor remark. I have never made/agree/ like a nazi post but you chose to link my name to it. It's typical of some Yes people's approach. Must be an ignorance thing.