So Farewell Then The King Of Spain

shull

Guest TPAFKATS

It would appear , no one wants to know Juan , anymore . They have forgotten he probably saved them from a regime change , when there was the coup d'etat in 1981 . .

Mibees aye, mibees naw wink.png

He did an interview with a german rag a year or so back where he admitted to having sympathies with the plotters of said coup. I was a bit young back in '81 but did he no appear on tv for his famous adress just as the coup was running oot of steam?

Embdy know whether this is connected to the corruption charges that his daughter is facing?

Anyways, he was King Juan Carlos from the House of Bourbon which isnae bad as titles go

He's no deid.

You need a policy Shull for these "Farewell" threads.

Sorry, i didnae follow protocol.

Although, i just need to bump up this thread when juan finally expires.

Mibees aye, mibees naw wink.png

He did an interview with a german rag a year or so back where he admitted to having sympathies with the plotters of said coup. I was a bit young back in '81 but did he no appear on tv for his famous adress just as the coup was running oot of steam?

Embdy know whether this is connected to the corruption charges that his daughter is facing?

Anyways, he was King Juan Carlos from the House of Bourbon which isnae bad as titles go

The King did go on tv and made a plea for calm and democracy. The attempted Coup d'état , which involved shots fired in the parliament (no one was injured) and 200 armed Guardia Civil only last around 18hrs.

Apparently , the King received a phone call from an individual , who said that he had been told to shoot the King . The King responded by saying , "Well you know where I am and I will be in all day!"

The following day approx. 1million people took to the streets in support of the King and his government. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Guest TPAFKATS

Rumours also that he had been mates at military school with the leaders of the coup. Certainly a bit of a whiff about it, but it worked for him. Here we just go for a wedding or a wean to improve the royals ratings.

Rumours also that he had been mates at military school with the leaders of the coup. Certainly a bit of a whiff about it, but it worked for him. Here we just go for a wedding or a wean to improve the royals ratings.

Not really a rumour , Tony. Franco had Juan Carlos trained ,so he would have met all the Falangistas cunts , that succeeded Franco . Franco had the idea that Juan Carlos would take over and run Spain , the way he had , as a royalist , fascist dictatorship as opposed to a fascist dictatorship ran by a jumped up little army officer.

Juan Carlos came to power in 1975 after the death of the little pipsqueak dictator . Nothing changed initially but by 1977 Juan Carlos had introduced democracy to Spain much to the chagrin of the "old guard" , many of whom , finally lost the rag by 1981 and therefore attempted a Coup d'état that went wrong for them as Juan Carlos came out and openly supported the democratic government. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Guest TPAFKATS

Quoted as having 1400 lovers. Fecksake, I've no' even tried it on that many times. Where did he hing oot, Valentino's?

Hung out in switzerland "courting" German aristocracy - baroness' etc. The Spanish called him the king of Switzerland for a few years.

As king he was above the law in Spain - literally counted be brought to account due to the constitution. It'll be interesting to see if some how many paternity suits are made now that he has abdicated.